Proof that God doesn't exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 04:55 AM
RE: Proof that God doesn't exist
For questions of god's existence, for or against, I am. You'd think motherfuckers would be able to read after all this time. Dodgy

(24-03-2017 04:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  What is "supernatural" any way?

A CW bromance. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-03-2017, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2017 06:36 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-03-2017 11:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Bucky Ball Wrote:I don't think someone who calls "beliefs" "believes", should be talking about dictionaries.
Really? Even about Russian and Ukrainian dictionaries?
I bet my English is way better than your Russian and Ukrainian.
May be even better than your Spanish. Smile

Typical Alla bullshit equivocation.
We're not speaking in Russian, Ukrainian or Spanish, now are we.
Get lost. Go peddle your crap somewhere else.

Quote:Hmm...I think you confused me with someone else. I didn't ask for a proof of anything.

Really ? Are you always this dishonest and dense ?
There is no mistaking you for anyone else. Your blabbering is unmistakable.
YOU talked about 'what this thread was about". I gave an answer. Instead of replying to the answer, you attempted to deflect. Get lost. You add nothing here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
25-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Off the top of my head, I'd say god provides the proof that he doesn't exist.

And that would be nothing.

A child starves to death - nothing
A woman is raped - nothing
A man is tortured - nothing

"But what about the image of jesus on toast. It's a sign"

-- It's only a sign of your own stupidity.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
25-03-2017, 09:04 AM
Rahn127 Wrote:Off the top of my head, I'd say god provides the proof that he doesn't exist.

And that would be nothing.

A child starves to death - nothing
A woman is raped - nothing
A man is tortured - nothing
I don't think it proves or disproves anything.

Rahn127 Wrote:"But what about the image of jesus on toast. It's a sign"

Laugh out load
I think I can agree with this.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
25-03-2017, 10:11 AM
(25-03-2017 07:38 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  "But what about the image of jesus on toast. It's a sign"

Jesus on toast -- YUM!

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
25-03-2017, 02:52 PM
(24-03-2017 04:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Jay Vogelsong Wrote:If God is limited by what is reasonable, as you have asserted, and what is reasonable is how nature actually behaves without any supernatural influences, then how can you still assume God can exercise any supernatural influences at all?
In which of my posts in this thread did I assume that God can exercise supernatural influence?
What is "supernatural" any way?
Isn't "supernatural" somebody's fantasy? Isn't "supernatural" something that never existed, doesn't exist and will never exists in REAL world?

So, if I assumed that real God exists, I would assumed He exists in real world. If for the argument sake this God claimed that He is omnipotent I would assume He meant that He has real power and not some kind of supernatural power that doesn't exist in real world.
I would assume that word "supernatural" doesn't exist in real God's dictionary.
I would assume that this is what God would mean if He said that He was omnipotent: "Anything that is realistic( can exist in real world) can be created by real Me, nothing real can limit real Me."

>The Christian God is defined by mainstream Christianity as being all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, and all just. Yet even a cursory reading of the bible reveals a God who is cruel, unjust, tyrannical, unloving and eternally vengeful. Ergo, the Christian God does not exist by reason of self-contradiction.

>An all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing God, by definition, cannot create evil or permit evil to exist in the world. And yet, evil exists. Ergo, God, as he is defined, does not exist on the grounds of self-contradiction.

>The law of conservation of matter and energy states that the total quantity of energy in the universe remains the same. Matter and energy are interchangeable, but neither can be created or destroyed. Ergo, the universe has always existed and will always exist in one form or another. God is unnecessary by the Principle of Parsimony.

>The natural histories of religions are well-documented. The behavioral causes of religions are well-known. There is no evidence that religions are the products of anything other than human ingenuity and imagination. Ergo, atheism is rational and skeptically unassailable.

>I don't believe that God does not exist. I know that God does not exist.
[+] 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post
25-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Proof that God doesn't exist
It is not scientifically possible to prove a god doesn't exist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes treefireguy's post
25-03-2017, 05:38 PM
(25-03-2017 05:23 PM)treefireguy Wrote:  It is not scientifically possible to prove a god doesn't exist.

However, it is possible to prove the standard theistic God doesn't exist, which makes the question of any other possible god look much less compelling.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
25-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Gwaithmir Wrote:The Christian God is defined by mainstream Christianity as being all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, and all just. Yet even a cursory reading of the bible reveals a God who is cruel, unjust, tyrannical, unloving and eternally vengeful. Ergo, the Christian God does not exist by reason of self-contradiction.
I agree that mainstream Christianity God doesn't exist.
Gwaithmir Wrote:An all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing God, by definition, cannot create evil or permit evil to exist in the world. And yet, evil exists. Ergo, God, as he is defined, does not exist on the grounds of self-contradiction.
I agree - evil exists. But why does evil exist? Because I am free agent. I govern myself. I choose to do something evil.
Q:Is evil eternal?
A: I believe that as long as free agents exist in the universe evil exists.
Q: Was it ever time in the universe when free agents didn't exist?
A: I don't know but I believe that there was never such time in eternity and infinity. This is why I believe that evil is eternal. And good is eternal.

Gwaithmir Wrote:The law of conservation of matter and energy states that the total quantity of energy in the universe remains the same. Matter and energy are interchangeable, but neither can be created or destroyed. Ergo, the universe has always existed and will always exist in one form or another. God is unnecessary by the Principle of Parsimony.
If you are talking about God who created universe( everything) out of nothing then you are talking about God that never existed, doesn't exist and will never exist.
I believe in God who didn't create matter. I believe in God who can not destroy matter. I believe in God who is organized out of eternal matter. I believe that I am organized out of eternal matter.
So, God is unnecessary in creating matter. Matter is eternal. But I may assume that God knows how to "take" eternal matter and to "organize" something out of it.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
25-03-2017, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2017 06:21 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(25-03-2017 06:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree - evil exists. But why does evil exist? Because I am free agent. I govern myself. I choose to do something evil.

What about natural evils? If a God exists who can control things like epidemics, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornados, hurricanes, natural abortions and so on -- and he doesn't choose to -- then he is responsible for such evils. With power comes responsibility.

And if you say he can't control such things because that's just nature, why believe in such a God at all? What does he add to the picture?

Huh
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post