Proof that God exists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-10-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: Proof that God exists
(04-10-2014 04:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  It's looking to me like the only plausible alternative to the hypothesis that he is an attention seeking troll is that he literally is mentally retarded.

I'd like to point out however that he can be both, in fact given the poor display of skill and the transparency of his attention whore I'd say it's likely. He is so bad at being an attention whore it can only be explained by an extreme case of the stupids.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 01:29 PM
(03-10-2014 11:17 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 10:50 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yet you are a christian, might as well say being a republican is bullshit while being and supporting the republican party. Dodgy

No, he/she/it is just an Attention Whore, who was ridiculing these very same arguments until he/she/it learned they could get a lot more attention by adopting these views rather than bashing them.

I guess he/she/it just couldn't hang with the other leading commentators and provocateurs, or at least couldn't do enough to distinguish themselves from the pack to garner enough attention; and instead went to the dark side and has been wallowing in all of the easy to get negative attention by appearing to be a retarded theist (instead of the contrarian attention whore they are). He/she/it doesn't actually buy into any of this shit, but giving it lip-service gets him/her/it the attention it desires and otherwise would have to work much harder for.

Bowing Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-10-2014, 03:40 PM
(03-10-2014 10:56 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 10:55 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Then what the hell are you?

Someone who only cares about what's true.

Yet, you have no consistent method to get to the truth.

The single most reliable method known to be the best path to the truth is, demonstrable evidence and valid and sound logic. But you don't use these.

You base your beliefs on flawed physiological arguments, and you ignore actual evidence.
[+] 8 users Like Simon Moon's post
04-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Re: RE: Proof that God exists
(03-10-2014 10:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 05:18 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  All you said was "God exists" as a declaration. That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard, and that's all I've got to say about that.

Good to see you back here Azaraith!

Aww shucks, thanks Smile It's been a while I guess, keep checking in but not commenting much. I may just change that Tongue

Better without God, and happier too.
04-10-2014, 11:13 PM
(04-10-2014 03:40 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 10:56 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Someone who only cares about what's true.

Yet, you have no consistent method to get to the truth.

The single most reliable method known to be the best path to the truth is, demonstrable evidence and valid and sound logic. But you don't use these.

You base your beliefs on flawed physiological arguments, and you ignore actual evidence.

Amen! Preach it, Brother!

To emphasize the point, one of the most-respected, most influential logicians and arguers of all time, Aristotle, used logic to prove that heavier objects fall faster than lighter objects. It took about 2000 years for someone to stop believing the logic and start actually checking. For this, and other offenses of not-believing-what-he-was-told, the inquirer was himself subject to an Inquisition.

Moral of the lesson: Logic can be useful, but it is also quite fallible. It does not trump evidence.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
05-10-2014, 08:12 AM
(02-10-2014 07:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Premise one: Something exists if it exists. (law of non contradiction)
Premise two: God exists. (Trancendental argument for the existence of God.)
Conclusion: God exists

I've known people to say some pretty stupid shit but that is undoubtedly one of the most idiotic things I've ever read.
05-10-2014, 08:30 AM
(02-10-2014 07:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Premise one: Something exists if it exists. (law of non contradiction)
circular argument.

Quote:Premise two: God exists. (Trancendental argument for the existence of God.)

Unfounded assertion (argument in paranthesis also long been disproven)

Quote:Conclusion: God exists

No, seriously, fuck off or come up with better proof.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
05-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Proof that Goodwithoutgod exists!

1) Something exists if it exists.

2) Goodwithoutgod exists.

3) Thus Goodwithoutgod exists! Rolleyes

sigh, diddo do you even logic?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-10-2014, 09:05 AM
I am waiting for "cause I said so" as the definitive proof. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
05-10-2014, 09:07 AM
(05-10-2014 09:05 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I am waiting for "cause I said so" as the definitive proof. Dodgy

Isn't that "argumentum ex parentes"?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post