Proof that God exists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
07-10-2014, 09:16 PM
RE: Proof that God exists
(07-10-2014 09:04 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:03 PM)pablo Wrote:  I have no idea why you believe this without even the slightest reason to, other than willful ignorance that is.

Then, where did everything come from? Drinking Beverage

Its a good question, but perhaps scientifically and philosophically naive. Considering that both space and time came into existence during the formation of the early universe it doesn't make much sense to talk about a "when" and a "where" as a reference beyond that. Scientists believe that big bang was an eruption of something like pure energy. If you remember your special relativity, matter and energy are commutable, so you don't need matter to make the universe if you have a sufficient supply of energy. I won't claim to understand how it all works (perhaps one of our resident physicists will drop by to better educate us). Talk of "when" and "where" and "first" and "before" don't really make very much sense in this context. I think the first challenge for any creation theory is to adequately demonstrate that the definition of these things are fixed, and furthermore necessary at the instant of the universe.

The next, and biggest challenge of creationism is to prove who or what did the creating. If I were to grant you that some supernatural cause were the only plausible explanation for the beginning of the universe, that still leaves a great chasm of skepticism is to what sort of supernatural force was it? Even if we agreed that it was a god, in the typical sense that we understand the word to mean, you still have to provide some kind of evidence that it was your god. I think the only honest answer is that we are all fairly equally clueless. You may feel compelled to believe in your deity, but you have to admit that you lack and definitive, or really even any compelling, reasons.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
07-10-2014, 09:16 PM
(07-10-2014 09:11 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  No one knows. Cosmologists are working on it.

There could be an infinitely long cause and effect chain. God still has to create it.

So you think the most likely answer to where everything came from is magic?
I mean really, think about what you're saying. You don't know so you're willing to insert an all powerful invisble being into the mix to make you feel better about what you don't understand or are unwilling to understand.
Are you still baffled by how that dollar appeared under your pillow when you were a child and lost a tooth?
07-10-2014, 09:17 PM

There could be an infinitely long cause and effect chain. God still has to create it.

So you weren't actually asking a question. Dodgy

Time for you to fuck off, troll.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2014, 09:46 PM

Tedious. Just cum already so we can go back to our lives and you can fuck off back under your bridge.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
07-10-2014, 09:54 PM
(07-10-2014 09:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:11 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  There could be an infinitely long cause and effect chain. God still has to create it.

So you think the most likely answer to where everything came from is magic?
I mean really, think about what you're saying. You don't know so you're willing to insert an all powerful invisble being into the mix to make you feel better about what you don't understand or are unwilling to understand.
Are you still baffled by how that dollar appeared under your pillow when you were a child and lost a tooth?

Who said it makes me feel better? Facepalm

Truth seeker.
07-10-2014, 09:56 PM
(07-10-2014 09:54 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  So you think the most likely answer to where everything came from is magic?

Who said it makes me feel better? Facepalm

It doesn't?
07-10-2014, 10:02 PM
You have given no reason that God has to exist besides that it would be convenient. Nothing has to exist unless it serves a purpose. So if you claim that god needs to exist why is this so? Because you're still on the "it would be convenient for me if he did."
07-10-2014, 10:25 PM

If everything has to be created who created your god. Did another god create your god? If your god wasn't created by another god then your god is himself... an atheist. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-10-2014, 03:10 AM
(07-10-2014 08:54 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  The universe can't exist without God, period. I have no idea how you don't understand this.

Possibly because you have no idea how to explain why.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
08-10-2014, 03:49 AM
(07-10-2014 08:54 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 08:14 PM)natachan Wrote:  Translation: I, diddo, cannot conceive of how the universe could exist without God, and I believe it would be convenient if he existed to explain it.

God exists because it would be convenient. Bad argument.

The universe can't exist without God, period. I have no idea how you don't understand this.

Because most of us understand what an assertion is... and that unwarranted illogical assertions don't lead to rational conclusions. I don't understand why you continue to troll when you blatantly troll and contradict yourself.

In this thread you've told how you can't stand arrogance of Christians, and dont agree with them. In the why is Christianity the most popular thread, you said, oh because they're right. You demonstrated your amusement at the absurdity of Sye in the thread bout the debate you posted... then suddenly decided, hey i'm gonna troll like I can't disobey this pointless assertion that everyone knows god based on no reasoning whatsoever, that sounds like fun. Here we are a couple months later you still being annoying.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post