Proof that God exists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
02-10-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: Proof that God exists
(02-10-2014 07:31 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 07:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your conclusion is the same as your premise?

You don't understand logic. Drinking Beverage

So how do you prove logic, then? Drinking Beverage

That's like asking how you look at photons. You use photons to see. You use logic to prove.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
02-10-2014, 08:03 AM
I found a holy scripture predating Genesis:

It turns out Yahweh is a brain in a vat.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
02-10-2014, 08:07 AM
(02-10-2014 08:02 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Premise one: Something exists if it exists. (law of non contradiction)
Premise two: Jackson killed the fuck out of God. (law of Jackson being a badass)
Conclusion: Jackson has a bigger dick than your god.

Non sequitur. By this logic, your God killer would have to be female, because that would be more epic.

Truth seeker.
02-10-2014, 08:09 AM
(02-10-2014 08:07 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 08:02 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Premise one: Something exists if it exists. (law of non contradiction)
Premise two: Jackson killed the fuck out of God. (law of Jackson being a badass)
Conclusion: Jackson has a bigger dick than your god.

Non sequitur. By this logic, your God killer would have to be female, because that would be more epic.

Hell, Jackson very well could be, being as awesome as he is, he can change his/her sex by saying "I feel like being x today"

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
02-10-2014, 08:15 AM
wasn't there a thread exactly like this a few weeks back ? can't remember correctly Huh

the premise being the same as the conclusion, how does that even work ? I can't see it working No

also does anyone have any pasta sauce ? the noodle-ish one needs it Bowing
02-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Okay lets be serious for a moment. Diddo, explain in your own words the Transcendental argument.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
02-10-2014, 08:23 AM
(02-10-2014 07:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Premise one: Something exists if it exists. (law of non contradiction)
Premise two: God exists. (Trancendental argument for the existence of God.)
Conclusion: God exists

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

Premise one: Something trolls if it trolls.
Premise two: Diddo trolls.
Conclusion: Diddo trolls.

How'd I do? Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
02-10-2014, 08:59 AM
(02-10-2014 08:16 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Okay lets be serious for a moment. Diddo, explain in your own words the Transcendental argument.

Everything must have a source. This source cannot exist within it's own creation, otherwise it couldn't have created it.

Truth seeker.
02-10-2014, 09:00 AM
(02-10-2014 08:23 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 07:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Premise one: Something exists if it exists. (law of non contradiction)
Premise two: God exists. (Trancendental argument for the existence of God.)
Conclusion: God exists

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

Premise one: Something trolls if it trolls.
Premise two: Diddo trolls.
Conclusion: Diddo trolls.

How'd I do? Drinking Beverage

This doesn't work because "troll" is subjective and I'm not an ultimate being. Drinking Beverage

Truth seeker.
02-10-2014, 09:17 AM
(02-10-2014 07:27 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  God cannot be photographed as he transcends the universe.

(02-10-2014 08:07 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  your God killer would have to be female, because that would be more epic.

(02-10-2014 08:59 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Everything must have a source.

(02-10-2014 09:00 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  This doesn't work because "troll" is subjective and I'm not an ultimate being.

He's making up arbitrary rules as he goes along. I think diddo is planning to escape!

[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post