Proof that God exists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
02-10-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: Proof that God exists
Theists need new material. It is such a bore that after you shoot an argument down they just rephrase it a little and present it to you as some new proof.....

I think they spend too much time watching things like this.....

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
02-10-2014, 10:57 AM
(02-10-2014 09:35 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 09:23 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Premise one: Something exists if it exists. (law of non contradiction)
Premise two: My million dollars exists in the corner of my office. (Trancendental argument for the existence of Money.)
Conclusion: My million dollars exist

Cool let me go look.

Crap it is not there. Sounds like flawed reasoning to me.

Your "million dollars" aren't an ultimate being, therefore this doesn't apply.

Really? You're trying to justify a faulty argument(Transcendental argument) with faulty logic(special pleading)?

Wow kid. Please seek professional help.
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
02-10-2014, 11:04 AM
(02-10-2014 07:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Premise one: Something exists if it exists.

We can get rid of this premise because it is a tautology, does not provide any information or has any relevance to the rest of the argument.

The reason it is included is because you are trying to use Sye Ten Bruggencate's intellectually dishonest and disingenuous technique of filling your argument up with fluff and long words in order to detract people's attention from the core argument.

Your argument is quite literally:

(02-10-2014 07:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Premise: God exists.
Conclusion: God exists
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
02-10-2014, 11:09 AM
(02-10-2014 07:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Premise one: Something does not exist if it does not exist. (law of non contradiction)
Premise two: God does not exist. (Transcendental argument for the non-existence of God.)
Conclusion: God does not exist

Fixed for ya.
[+] 13 users Like Mathilda's post
02-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Premise two is not demonstrated to be relevant. It has unspoken false assumptions. It may appear to apply to some situations (not all) in this universe. It's meaningless without the properties of of this universe in place. That cannot, without evidence, be assumed to apply to what is external to it.

Conclusion: syllogism is useless bullshit

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-10-2014, 11:25 AM
(02-10-2014 11:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 07:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Premise one: Something exists if it exists.

We can get rid of this premise because it is a tautology, does not provide any information or has any relevance to the rest of the argument.

The reason it is included is because you are trying to use Sye Ten Bruggencate's intellectually dishonest and disingenuous technique of filling your argument up with fluff and long words in order to detract people's attention from the core argument.

(02-10-2014 07:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Premise: God exists.
Conclusion: God exists

What about your argument?

Premise: Logic exists
Conclusion: Logic exists

Truth seeker.
02-10-2014, 11:34 AM
(02-10-2014 11:25 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  What about your argument?

I never said that. You are strawmanning to avoid having to defend your own argument.

You are again being disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
02-10-2014, 11:55 AM
(02-10-2014 11:25 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 11:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  We can get rid of this premise because it is a tautology, does not provide any information or has any relevance to the rest of the argument.

What about your argument?

Don't you still have to explain where God came from without it contradicting when you said a creator can't come from its creation?

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
02-10-2014, 12:05 PM
(02-10-2014 11:55 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Don't you still have to explain where God came from without it contradicting when you said a creator can't come from its creation?

Mmmyes ... all Diddo has really done is ... well ... pretty much prove god can't exist ... at least not with such a fucked up argument.

I have a feeling that wasn't quite the desired outcome. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-10-2014, 12:49 PM
(02-10-2014 07:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Non sequitur.

You are a really dim bulb.

I don't think he's actually that dumb. I think he's a troll who's scraping the bottom of the barrel. He's running out of ideas and it's showing.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post