Proof that God hates us.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: Proof that God hates us.
(13-01-2016 12:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Aren't I myself here at TTA proof enough that God loves you?

How about--Jesus Christ died for you and rose for you. He suffered a horrible death to bring you life eternal!

Considering that he could have "brought us eternal life" without doing any of that -- because he's, you know, God -- that only proves that he's stupid or incompetent -- or maybe a masochist -- or (my favorite) he doesn't exist at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
13-01-2016, 01:31 PM
(13-01-2016 12:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Aren't I myself here at TTA proof enough that God loves you?

The exact opposite, really.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
13-01-2016, 01:37 PM

How about--Jesus Christ died for you and rose for you. He suffered a horrible death to bring you life eternal!

First of all Jesus " death" is greatly exaggerated by Christians. Jesus was only 3 hours on the cross. And that's nothing compared to the average cruxifiction victim that lasted several days on the cross. And second you are here again trying to annoy and troll us. You don't want to leave. That's a clue that Yahweh hate us like all the multitudes he slaughtered in the bible. It seems the gawd is sending his agents in atheist sites to troll or annoy us. You failed to annoy me because I find you actually very funny. Laugh out load

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
13-01-2016, 02:55 PM

I don't think there is one correct thing in your entire post.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
13-01-2016, 03:03 PM
The appendix, wisdom teeth, my sinus problems (finely corrected by human doctors, no thanks to any damned god) intestinal worms, babies heads being too big for a woman's birth canal, these all seem to be proof that god hates us. In actuality it's because of evolution but that's not the title of the thread.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-01-2016, 03:11 PM

He suffered and died for a weekend, then became God. Not much of a sacrifice.

But if becoming human, then sacrificing himself to himself to act as a loophole in the rules that he created, is the best solution that your god can come with, then he's not too bright.
[+] 4 users Like Simon Moon's post
13-01-2016, 03:15 PM

Item 1: More the opposite.

Item 2: Assuming that any of that did happen (since we're tongue-in-cheek playing with the hypothetical that the Biblical god even exists at all, I'll allow it in this context) ... the bloody torture and murder of anyone, much less his son, would be completely gratuitous for God to give salvation and/or eternal life. An omnipotent God could do that with a figurative snap of his fingers. The punishment, torture, blood sacrifice, transference of guilt from guilty to innocent, and so on contributes nothing to that end save as window dressing that appeals to that God's aesthetic.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 6 users Like Reltzik's post
13-01-2016, 03:48 PM
(13-01-2016 03:11 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  

He suffered and died for a weekend, then became God. Not much of a sacrifice.

But if becoming human, then sacrificing himself to himself to act as a loophole in the rules that he created, is the best solution that your god can come with, then he's not too bright.
Actually, he "died" on Friday evening and was "out of his tomb" by Sunday morning, so 36 hours, tops. Not much that suffering there, is there?
13-01-2016, 04:19 PM
(13-01-2016 03:48 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Actually, he "died" on Friday evening and was "out of his tomb" by Sunday morning, so 36 hours, tops. Not much that suffering there, is there?

To be fair, he did spend Saturday in Hell.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-01-2016, 04:26 PM
(13-01-2016 04:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 03:48 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Actually, he "died" on Friday evening and was "out of his tomb" by Sunday morning, so 36 hours, tops. Not much that suffering there, is there?

To be fair, he did spend Saturday in Hell.

I'd hazard a guess that we all have. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post