Proof that God hates us.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 03:06 PM by Chas.)
RE: Proof that God hates us.
(04-02-2016 01:02 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 02:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  What fallacy? What position? What the fuck are you even talking about?

It has been a while, but you still haven't given adequate explanations for the challenges I presented regarding--off the top of my head for three examples--triple abiogenesis,

What the fuck is "triple abiogenesis"?

Quote:the beginnings of cell life,

We don't know yet. There are several good hypotheses. You can find them in books.

Quote:and transitions from land to sea and vice versa.

What about them? They are supported in the fossil record.

Quote:As a matter of fact, to be honest with you, Chas, I've long thought that the reason why you say, "Read a book!" and then post a link to a book is that you don't understand the concepts themselves--understandable since those who prop up macroevolution obfuscate the issues with complex "explanations".

You utterly ignore (or can't grasp) the basic simplicity of what you call 'macroevolution'. Small changes add up to large changes. Changes that work, survive. There is no mechanism that limits the extent of cumulative change.

Quote:Either that or you haven't read the books yourself, though you claim to have done so. You've refused multiple times when I've asked to state the thesis behind the positions you espouse in layman's terms so "simple me" can understand! Isn't that a key opportunity to win me and other evangelicals to your side when they read your posts?

An internet forum is not the proper venue for teaching ignoramuses about evolution. There are many well-written books that do a better job than can be done here.

Yet, you refuse to read any of them.

And trying to explain to you why even the questions you ask or the 'objections' you raise are wrong is pointless as they betray your utter misunderstanding of the basics of the theory of evolution. Until you understand that, discussion on questions is pointless.

Quote:For now, perhaps a quotation will suffice:

Evolution is the handmaiden of Death.
--Naib Ishmael of Arrakis, paraphrase of Zensunni Sutra

Science fiction is the best you can do? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-02-2016, 03:14 PM
(04-02-2016 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 01:02 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It has been a while, but you still haven't given adequate explanations for the challenges I presented regarding--off the top of my head for three examples--triple abiogenesis,

What the fuck is "triple abiogenesis"?

Quote:the beginnings of cell life,

We don't know yet. There are several good hypotheses. You can find them in books.

Quote:and transitions from land to sea and vice versa.

Quote:As a matter of fact, to be honest with you, Chas, I've long thought that the reason why you say, "Read a book!" and then post a link to a book is that you don't understand the concepts themselves--understandable since those who prop up macroevolution obfuscate the issues with complex "explanations".

You utterly ignore (or can't grasp) the basic simplicity of what you call 'macroevolution'. Small changes add up to large changes. Changes that work, survive. There is no mechanism that limits the extent of cumulative change.

Quote:Either that or you haven't read the books yourself, though you claim to have done so. You've refused multiple times when I've asked to state the thesis behind the positions you espouse in layman's terms so "simple me" can understand! Isn't that a key opportunity to win me and other evangelicals to your side when they read your posts?

An internet forum is not the proper venue for teaching ignoramuses about evolution. There are many well-written books that do a better job than can be done here.

And trying to explain to you why even the questions you ask or the 'objections' you raise are wrong is pointless as they betray your utter misunderstanding of the basics of the theory of evolution. Until you understand that, discussion on questions is pointless.

Quote:For now, perhaps a quotation will suffice:

Evolution is the handmaiden of Death.
--Naib Ishmael of Arrakis, paraphrase of Zensunni Sutra

Ugh. "Small changes add up to large changes. Changes that work, survive. There is no mechanism that limits the extent of cumulative change."

Of course in your own writing, you put "survivability" and "no mechanism", yet I've cited how a sea animal coming to land couldn't survive without rapid, comprehensive change, not small changes adding up...

You also assumed more than once I haven't read books on the subject from the mainline view. You also are apparently unable to sum up ANY of the books you've asked me to read in a few paragraphs, or one paragraph--even of your famous one-liners. I think you fear the obviously complicated nature of the explanations/theses.

You see, you want me to read texts that offer a variety of conjectural possibilities on a given topic, that is, spin disguised as scientific exploration and deduction. In reality, can you:

1. Suggest a book I should read on Evolution and

2. Sum up what the author's thesis is and how he spends the entire book thoroughly defending same

...You can do no such thing because the moment the author does so he will take hits from friends in the scientific community who are working in the baloney factory.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
04-02-2016, 04:29 PM
(04-02-2016 03:14 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  What the fuck is "triple abiogenesis"?

Ugh. "Small changes add up to large changes. Changes that work, survive. There is no mechanism that limits the extent of cumulative change."

Of course in your own writing, you put "survivability" and "no mechanism", yet I've cited how a sea animal coming to land couldn't survive without rapid, comprehensive change, not small changes adding up...

No, you have not shown that to be true or even consistent. If you had actually read a book on evolution, you would see the evidence of the changes adding up. But you refuse to do so.

Quote:You also assumed more than once I haven't read books on the subject from the mainline view.

There is no evidence that you have. Drinking Beverage

Quote:You also are apparently unable to sum up ANY of the books you've asked me to read in a few paragraphs, or one paragraph--even of your famous one-liners. I think you fear the obviously complicated nature of the explanations/theses.

They are books for a reason. The arguments and evidence cannot be summarized in a couple of paragraphs.
Why would I fear the explanations? I understand them - it is you who appears to fear the knowledge.

Quote:You see, you want me to read texts that offer a variety of conjectural possibilities on a given topic, that is, spin disguised as scientific exploration and deduction.

No, I want you to read scientific books that present the evidence and describe how it forms a consistent theory.

Quote:In reality, can you:

1. Suggest a book I should read on Evolution and

2. Sum up what the author's thesis is and how he spends the entire book thoroughly defending same

The authors do not defend, they explain. You really don't understand science at all.

Quote:...You can do no such thing because the moment the author does so he will take hits from friends in the scientific community who are working in the baloney factory.

What does that even mean?

Why Evolution Is True, Jerry A. Coyne PhD
In this clearly written summary of the evidence supporting the theory of natural selection, Dr. Coyne dispels common misunderstandings about evolution and clearly confirms the scientific truth that supports it. He weaves together the many threads of genetics, paleontology, geology, molecular biology, and anatomy that demonstrate the "indelible stamp" of the processes first proposed by Darwin. By using irrefutable evidence, he sets out to prove evolution is correct.

The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution, Richard Dawkins PhD
Dr. Dawkins presents layers of scientific evidence, including living examples of natural selection, clues in the fossil record, natural clocks that mark the vast epochs wherein evolution ran its course, embryonic development, molecular genetics, tectonic changes that explain the distributions of species. He makes an airtight case that "we find ourselves perched on one tiny twig in the midst of a blossoming and flourishing tree of life and it is no accident, but the direct consequence of evolution by non-random selection."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
04-02-2016, 06:15 PM
(04-02-2016 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  We don't know yet. There are several good hypotheses.

We have identified a single genetic mutation necessary for single cell organisms to evolve into multicellular organisms.
One gene may drive leap from single cell to multicellular life

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post