Proof that God(s) can not exist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: Proof that God(s) can not exist.
You didn't prove anything except for your own ignorance. You're going to lose more people with that "theory" than you will convince.

Step 2 specifically is where I stopped. You'd have to explain how there is anything at all, if something can not come from nothing. There are many answers to that particular statement, so I'll save my time and simply encourage you to consult the Googles.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Sorry, but I can't even say "nice try" to this.

1. Zero cannot exist as denominator.
Ok.
2. Anything cannot be created out of nothingness, only change of form is possible and change is everywhere.
This is just a claim. Where is your proof?
3. Anything cannot be destroyed into nothingness, only change of form is possible and change is everywhere.
4. Existence of anything cannot be infinite.
5. There is no beginning and an end to the existence of the World.
Not only is this just a claim, but it's also just wrong. Of course there is a beginning to the existence of the world! It hasn't ended yet, but it likely will do so someday as well.
6. There are finite absolute laws.
Ok.
7. Velocity of light is relative.
I don't know enough about this subject to comment.
8. There are three dimensions and three dimensions only.
Only from the perspective of a finite mind.
9.Time Travel is impossible.
10.Tan 90 cannot exist.
The value for tangent 90 is not definable. I'm not sure that amounts to the same thing as cannot or does not exist.
11. God(s) cannot exist.
This is just a claim. Where is your proof - you know, the thing you said you were giving in this thread? And how does any of the preceding lead to this conclusion anyway?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
19-08-2013, 09:47 AM
(18-08-2013 03:23 AM)way12go Wrote:  I proved that God(s) can't exist and named my theory as "Fundamental Theory Of Existence". Here it is...

Fundamental Theory Of Existence.
I developed “FTOE “after reading Prof. Stephen Hawking's “A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME ". FTOE is Fundamental Theory Of
Existence.
2. Anything cannot be created out of nothingness, only change of form is possible and change is everywhere.
3. Anything cannot be destroyed into nothingness, only change of form is possible and change is everywhere.
10.Tan 90 cannot exist.
11. God(s) cannot exist.

A lot of people have already tried knocking you for your proposal, so I'll try to be nice Angel

You are necessarily making a lot of assumptions in your postulations, and what you have is more of a philosophical attempt at an explanation against a god or gods, but certainly not a scientific theory (which is what I think of when someone says "theory" with regard to an idea of theirs).

In any event, I think you could make it simpler by saying that it is impossible for the Abrhamic god to exist by the simple notion that the traits he is purported to have can be demonstrated to come from a faulty book and even less reliable sources.

Also (as an aside), the "9.Time Travel is impossible." bit is demonstrably false. We are currently traveling through time, no?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-08-2013, 10:20 AM
My proof that god doesn't exist using your method.

1. My birthday divided by a randomly generated number didn't equal my favorite number
2. Women are a mystery
3. My desire to be productive is relative to the amount of ice cream in my freezer.
4. Math can model real life but real life (so far) can't model everything that can be done in math.
5. All of "god's chosen" candidates for president LOST. Slowly beginning to doubt if that was a good thing.
6. I can't play any musical instruments
7. Lastly and more importantly, I feel it in my bones that there is no god and everyone else is delusional.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
19-08-2013, 10:40 AM
(19-08-2013 09:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Sorry, but I can't even say "nice try" to this.

Ok.
Not only is this just a claim, but it's also just wrong. Of course there is a beginning to the existence of the world! It hasn't ended yet, but it likely will do so someday as well.
Ok.
I don't know enough about this subject to comment.
Only from the perspective of a finite mind.
10.Tan 90 cannot exist.
The value for tangent 90 is not definable. I'm not sure that amounts to the same thing as cannot or does not exist.
11. God(s) cannot exist.
This is just a claim. Where is your proof - you know, the thing you said you were giving in this thread? And how does any of the preceding lead to this conclusion anyway?
Pretty much what I had written before I lost it.

Banned from ChristianChat.com for "Spreading Disbelief"
19-08-2013, 11:00 AM
(19-08-2013 09:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I don't know enough about this subject to comment.

Hardly ever stops me. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-08-2013, 12:07 PM
(19-08-2013 11:00 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-08-2013 09:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I don't know enough about this subject to comment.

Hardly ever stops me. Thumbsup
Ok, if you insist:

Velocity of light is nothing like any of my relatives.

Tongue

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
20-08-2013, 04:20 PM
(18-08-2013 03:23 AM)way12go Wrote:  I proved that God(s) can't exist and named my theory as "Fundamental Theory Of Existence". Here it is...

I developed “FTOE “after reading Prof. Stephen Hawking's “A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME ". FTOE is Fundamental Theory Of
Existence.
10.Tan 90 cannot exist.
11. God(s) cannot exist.

Why call it the "fundamental" theory of existence? That word carries connotations that suggest unyielding certainty. For that matter, why call it a singular theory when it's made up of 11 disparate points which would each need an argument? This "theory" sounds much like the creationist idea of "theory" that is synonymous with hypothesis. Each conclusion needs support.

Furthermore, to be a "proof", it actually has to prove something. I'm disappointed.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
20-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Sagar, you need to take a lesson in logic and in logical fallacies. On your blog, every single argument you make is errored (it consists of one or more logical fallacies). For example, the claim that "if any number is finite, then infinity cannot be a number" is an example of "denying the antecedent" like as in "Alligators are reptiles, and so if that animal is not an alligator then it must not be a reptile". You then go on to make an assertion that "mathematicians and students all over the world use infinite as a number" (a fact claim should be cited, but I'm fairly certain you won't find one because this statement isn't true). Then you state that no number can equal infinity (which is a straw man, because no one is claiming that a number "equals infinity" but rather agreeing with you that there are infinite numbers as defined by their property) and claim that "any number... is always finite" (which is equivocation, because you describe numbers as finite by property but don't say that numbers "equal finity", which is the straw man argument that you're comparing against). I could go on and on.

I've read A Brief History of Time, as well as The Universe in a Nutshell, and I agree that many of Hawkings' studies make God unlikely. But even he, given his genius and access to the same information that you drew your conclusions from, has not proposed that he has "proven" that God cannot exist.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.