Prophecy of 9/11?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Prophecy of 9/11?
The August 2001 issue of the Last Trumpet Newsletter contained the following prophecy under the heading "Conspiracy On The East River":

On Friday, July 6th, something happened to me that I will never forget. It is something that has happened few times in my ministry, and as we were sailing across New York Harbor on the Staten Island Ferry for Manhattan, the Almighty stunned me with an amazing vision. I was standing at the front of the ferry outside as we were approaching the Statue of Liberty. I looked at the statue and my eyes focused on the torch. This torch is a symbol of the Illuminati and is referred to by the conspirators as the "torch of Illuminism." After looking at the torch, I turned my eyes to the 13-mile island of Manhattan. There, in the distance were the twin towers of the World Trade Center rising a quarter of a mile high. The other sky- scrapers in the financial district of Southern Manhattan filled the narrow island. As I looked, I felt the Spirit of the Almighty come over me, and when He opened my eyes I saw massive flames of fire rising high into the sky as the entire island of Manhattan was engulfed in flames. The flames rose high above the buildings and pulsated with intensity. I could hear the horrifying screams of multitudes of people in the distance as the burning continued and intensified. Then, the vision ended as quickly as it began, and I stood there with tears filling my eyes as I realized what is coming upon this nation. I then heard a voice that seemed to come from inside of me saying, "Tell not the vision until you return." I do not pretend to know what it all means, but I do know that time is short and the end is near.

http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/200...t2001.html

We atheists know this is not the result of some supernatural intelligence communicating with man, so could this have been intended to warn certain people about what was going to happen so they would be elsewhere on the critical day? I saw an original copy of this newsletter just 2 days after 9/11 so I know this is not a case of internet forgery.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: Prophecy of 9/11?
"We atheists", eh? There are few protestations of atheism I have ever believed less.

Anomaly hunting. It's a hell of a thing.
(add a dash of confirmation bias and a serving of paranoia, and you've got a stew going!)

There's a reason you always see the famous buildings destroyed in disaster movies.

But, no, it's totally plausible that the Vast Shadowy Conspiracy of Reptiloid Elders who planned the whole thing (not that I would presume to know anything about that, just JAQing off here, right?) would slip an obscure reference in a podunk christie magazine to "warn certain people", because not only would those "certain people" totally be able to accurately interperet that vague twaddle but they naturally wouldn't have had any other way of contacting people...

Give me a break.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
30-09-2014, 04:53 PM
The entire island of Manhattan didn't catch on fire, it mentions nothing of a terrorist plot, it doesn't mention dates or specific times.

Here's a prophecy- I predict NY will endure many terror attacks and natural disasters in the future.

Now bow down and worship me! Better yet- send money!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
30-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Quote:We atheists know this is not the result of some supernatural intelligence communicating with man,

Sounds like a pile of dog shit to me.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-09-2014, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 07:58 AM by Chas.)
Link to citation? Was this actually published before 9/11?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Are you a truther? You sound like a truther.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
30-09-2014, 06:17 PM
[Image: tumblr_inline_nalg0bmEmF1r471m9.gif]
When ever I hear "Illuminati"

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 4 users Like grizzlysnake's post
30-09-2014, 06:23 PM
"I do not pretend to know what it all means, but I do know that time is short and the end is near."

Ya, ya ya. They all say that.
(He did kind of fuck up that part.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-10-2014, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 09:35 AM by ClydeLee.)
It's nothing outside of the norm. Grand tragic events are likely to happen and stories, visions, or idea about them potentially happening occur all the time. There's also this instance.

[Image: The_wreck_of_the_Titan.jpg]

The book Futility, The Wreck Of The Titan was written in 1898 about a practically unsinkable large ship that hits an iceberg crossing the Atlantic and sinks, with limited life preservers for the passengers.

Even earlier in the year, there was a tv show that had a plot about an attempt to fly a plane into the WTC.

And random Dystopian visions have been prevalent throughout history. But since tales like 1984-handmaid's tail-the giver, they really began to have prominence in the 90s, especially with the 2000 scare coming. Nothing about them being semi-accurate is strange or remotely interesting after a couple glances.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 4 users Like ClydeLee's post
01-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Prophecy of 9/11?
Don't you think we are near an end?
Climate change is no joke
WWF released yesterday that 50 % of the earths wildlife has disappeared in 10 years
You don't need to believe in god or Jesus or a practicing any religion to figure out this planet is in grave danger