Prophesomething from nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2011, 10:19 PM
RE: Prophesomething from nothing
I just watched a show about Issac Newton knowing the end of the world. And he's smart, so its gotta be right. You see, if one time is one year, then a times, a times, and a half times is 3 and half and you convert that into days, add them together, turn those days into years, and add those years to some date that holds significance, you get the year that Israel was founded. Proof!

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ashley.hunt60's post
23-06-2011, 06:06 AM
People are always freaking out over natural disasters being the end of times... as a person who enjoys earth science I always feel the need to say....

"Holy crap Earthquake in Japan, end of times" - Yeah, earthquake in a very very earthquake prone area.

"Forest fires in Arizona and N. Mexico, end of times!" - Yes, imagine, forest fires in a desert full of dry shrubs during a drought...

Tornadoes in the midwest and southeast, end of times!" - Ever wonder why they call it tornado alley?!

Basic weather and geological patterns that have been documented for hundreds of years, but hey I guess this particular time is real special.

What's up with this 2012 prophecy? I understand it's from a Mayan calendar, but many theists seem to be into it. I would understand if they belonged to the ancient Mayan faith, but we have Christians believing in this crap too... does not compute!

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
23-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Christians are often prone to conspiratorial thinking. They also comprise the large percentage of end timers (people who desire the world to end). They latch onto any halfway decent (often times not even that) idea. The whole Nibiru thing is going way out there, but in general anything that exists from before christ is still considered mystical to them, even though it's supposed to be fake =p. Numerology is also one of their favorite ideas to latch onto which is why Harold Camping was so successful.

Generally the christians I'm around who do have strong beliefs in the spirit world (not particularly the African spirit world but supernatural). See that before the time of christ there were rampant demons and all sorts of things causing havoc to the sparse populations of humans alive. So before their time of enlightenment they feel the world was in constant danger, and everything from that time speaks of more than just human knowledge.

The main thing to remember is that you shouldn't try to reason out these ideas, there is no sound evidence for gut feelings.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
29-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Just heard this one the other day when we had a lecturer discuss the absurdity that is the Trinity Broadcast Network (TBN). She showed us a video clip from one of their ministers who apparently interprets Zachariah 1:1-5 to predict satellite technology.

The verse says something about the author seeing a flying scroll in a vision, then the retard preacher shows a picture of a satellite that just happens to looks like a tall cylinder claiming that this was what the prophet saw. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user