"Prophet" claims to raise the dead for $1000

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2016, 06:38 AM
"Prophet" claims to raise the dead for $1000
This is sickening.

linky

Quote:This self-proclaimed prophet says he can perform the miracle of all miracles—if you’re willing to part with a cool grand.

Yakim Manasseh Jordan can predict the future, heal the sick, and for the low price of $1,000, the 25-year-old can even raise the dead. But the self-proclaimed prophet of God is not above cold calling.

“The Lord began to speak to me and he showed me major losses that you have experienced within the last two to five years,” the 25-year old Brooklyn native’s breathy, warbly, slightly British-inflected message starts. But, he goes on, there is “a miracle favor cloud,” “a prosperity blessing,” and a “financial blessing,” coming your way, and to a loved one, as well.

Which loved one? “It’s almost as if the second letter of the second syllable in the name is like a vowel making an ‘ah’ or an ‘a”’ sound,” he says. “I must know how much money you are asking God to release. So write me back, and email me immediately...I have to give you this prophesy.”

Some highlights:

He and his organization have been sued 16 times in the last four years for harassing robo-calls.

He and his organization do not respond to requests (via email, phone, social media) for interviews.

His claims to raise the dead could not be verified. (shocker...)

And best of all:

Quote:Manasseh Jordan Ministries is a 501©(3) public charity, and as such, the IRS doesn’t require Jordan to disclose how much he earns, nor does it collect taxes on the income. It’s enough, however, to fund a “lavish lifestyle” that includes multi-million dollar homes and a fleet of luxury cars, according to the newest civil complaint filed against him.

And God is good. Jordan’s most current listed addresses include a $2 million luxury condo on Sunny Isles Beach and a $4 million waterfront mansion in North Miami Beach, Florida.

On the surface, this pisses me off because he is stealing from vulnerable people.

But the vulnerable people are irritating too, be cause they want to be taken advantage of. We've all seen or talked to people who, when presented with evidence, refused to change their beliefs.

Worse, these are the same idiots who are calling us names because we won't drink the kool-aid.

Makes my brain hurt.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
21-03-2016, 07:21 AM
RE: "Prophet" claims to raise the dead for $1000
I know a guy who can un-raise this motherfucker from the dead.

But he costs more than a grand.

signed

The Don
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Would be nice to see Benny Hinn Sued.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Necromancy is making a comeback?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
21-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Don't people have a gag reflex anymore, ffs?Huh

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
21-03-2016, 07:57 AM
(21-03-2016 07:46 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Necromancy is making a comeback?

Sounds like this is flogging a dead horse.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
21-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Ooooh.
I think this is hilarious. I'm meeting a few friends for drinks later.
We may just have to call and mess with him. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-03-2016, 08:01 AM
For a supposedly secular state, the US seems to offer a safe and lucrative haven for every religious nut-job out there.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
21-03-2016, 08:18 AM
If you are stupid enough to believe in this, you deserve to be conned Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Kyx's post
21-03-2016, 08:23 AM
(21-03-2016 08:18 AM)Kyx Wrote:  If you are stupid enough to believe in this, you deserve to be conned Wink

The truly amazing part -- that there's people stupid enough to believe it - that HAVE $1000......................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.