Prophetical Eclipse and Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 06:44 AM
RE: Prophetical Eclipse and Trump
(20-08-2017 05:43 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Jim Bakker and his merry band of apocalyptic con-artists. Facepalm

This post-hoc nonsense drove a wedge between my rational and religious mind when I was still a Christian, I started recognizing post-hoc reasoning and rejecting it, as well as rejecting these prophetic peddlers.

So maybe I should thank these con-artists for giving me an example of religious fallacies and how I no longer wanted to affiliate myself with these clowns or the weird post-hoc based religion they were part of.

> When I was in first grade of Mt. Carmel School a nun told the class that the world was going to end in the year 2000, and for that reason we should strive to be pure Catholics because the end would come within our lifetimes. To this day, I have no idea how she arrived at that prediction. Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
20-08-2017, 06:47 AM
(20-08-2017 06:44 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 05:43 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Jim Bakker and his merry band of apocalyptic con-artists. Facepalm

This post-hoc nonsense drove a wedge between my rational and religious mind when I was still a Christian, I started recognizing post-hoc reasoning and rejecting it, as well as rejecting these prophetic peddlers.

So maybe I should thank these con-artists for giving me an example of religious fallacies and how I no longer wanted to affiliate myself with these clowns or the weird post-hoc based religion they were part of.

> When I was in first grade of Mt. Carmel School a nun told the class that the world was going to end in the year 2000, and for that reason we should strive to be pure Catholics because the end would come within our lifetimes. To this day, I have no idea how she arrived at that prediction. Huh

Butt mining.

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-08-2017, 07:09 AM
Meanwhile, Billy Graham's daughter Anne is predicting the eclipse will usher in the apocalypse and the second coming. The coming days ahead will be such a disappointment for this silly woman.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
20-08-2017, 07:36 AM
(20-08-2017 06:33 AM)cactus Wrote:  I spilled some yogurt on the floor this morning. The splatter was in the shape of a T. What does this mean? Shocking

Ford's in his flivver

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
20-08-2017, 07:47 AM
My cousins will start their "24 hour prayer vigil" at 1:15 PM CDT today. That should stop the eclipse in its tracks. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
20-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Fuck these people, These people actually are causeing other People Panic Attacks that Someone had to start a DebunkingDoomsday Blog.

https://debunkingdoomsday.quora.com/
[+] 1 user Likes OmniConsUme's post
20-08-2017, 01:45 PM
(20-08-2017 06:44 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > When I was in first grade of Mt. Carmel School a nun told the class that the world was going to end in the year 2000, and for that reason we should strive to be pure Catholics because the end would come within our lifetimes. To this day, I have no idea how she arrived at that prediction. Huh

A nice round number. Convincing people that "the end is near" is a good way to encourage certain behaviors for the short run, it certainly worked for Paul and the early Christians.
20-08-2017, 04:05 PM
(20-08-2017 06:33 AM)cactus Wrote:  I spilled some yogurt on the floor this morning. The splatter was in the shape of a T. What does this mean?

Uhhh... I give up. You're clumsy maybe? Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-08-2017, 11:14 AM
You think that's funny, I'm listening to the news. Apparently in Oregon they think that if you are not wearing tin foil hats you will be slaves to 'Them'.
The reporter was like "I'm not sure who 'Them' are, but okay."

One place they said, "We have clear skies here, but sadly no tin foil hats."

I laughed, really hard. I love people like that. Laugh out load

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
21-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Sorry Jim Bakker, but instead of the eclipse being a sign of God's judgment, it was a time when a random neighbor knocked on my door and gave me vegetables!

It was a festive, friendly time with neighbors who don't even know each other laughing and smiling and enjoying the wonder of it all.

Informed by science. Inspired by art. Motivated by compassion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Oaken's post