Proselytising and Pizza

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Proselytising and Pizza
I work at a library right across from the public high school and just past the library is a church. When I left work which is around the time school closes I notice a note about free pizza on a bench and at the church they had tables set up and I saw a women carrying about 8 pizza boxes screaming "free pizza". This seems way too suspicious to have free pizza outside a church as soon as school lets out. Of course they have to use the best pizza in town too...
Should I call them out on this? Or just enjoy a slice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: Proselytising and Pizza
(23-09-2013 06:14 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I work at a library right across from the public high school and just past the library is a church. When I left work which is around the time school closes I notice a note about free pizza on a bench and at the church they had tables set up and I saw a women carrying about 8 pizza boxes screaming "free pizza". This seems way too suspicious to have free pizza outside a church as soon as school lets out. Of course they have to use the best pizza in town too...
Should I call them out on this? Or just enjoy a slice.

Both?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the pizza. Don't you feel bad your imaginary friend can't enjoy a slice?

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like darv's post
23-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Take a whole pie, open the box and sneeze on it.

While you hold the box and graze through the contaminated pie, offer a slice to everyone, telling them that prayer will protect them for your TB.

If none bites (!) on your offer, pull the string on that whole "PRAYER WORKS" horse shit by asking if any believer there has ever been to a doctor....like EVER.

Cough. LOTS.
[+] 3 users Like Hypatia's post
23-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Grab a whole pie, tell them you were praying for your cup to overflow. Enjoy that pizza!
23-09-2013, 07:14 PM
One does not question free food. One partakes.

If the price be proselytising, so be it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
23-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Even donuts after a sermon make the sermon worth it (if the donuts are that fucking good!)
23-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Pizzaists should be a legitimate schism from Pastafarianism. All the basic ingredients are there... pasta is unleavened, pizza is a bit more modern.

I draw the line at those decadent Cheesesteakites, though.

Tell you what: Attend, enjoy pizza, and bring gifts like a good guest. Burn some CDs with episodes of Bob's Slacktime Funhouse, and hand them out to all your new friends.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
23-09-2013, 11:05 PM
MMMMMMMMM......PIZZA......

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
23-09-2013, 11:10 PM
(23-09-2013 07:15 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  Even donuts after a sermon make the sermon worth it (if the donuts are that fucking good!)

It always amazed me how many college kids the church could "reach" on sundays that had a pot luck lunch after the service. Rolleyes

And those kids would always return to church again.......on sundays that had a pot luck lunch after the service. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco