Protect her character

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2015, 07:57 AM
Protect her character
From Hemant Mehta's blog...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...rom-night/

He reports on a high school that put up this prom night poster. As if women need to be "protected", but there is so much more that is wrong here.

[Image: 8Ei6Aqr.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Iñigo's post
28-04-2015, 07:59 AM
RE: Protect her character
He reports on a high school that put up this prom night poster. As if women need to be "pro

That's all I can see because the picture is so huge.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
28-04-2015, 08:14 AM
The part I take the most issue with is the descriptor that women should be quiet.

How 'bout no and go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 10 users Like Nurse's post
28-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Let me guess---no poster for the guys.
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
28-04-2015, 08:56 AM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-04-2015, 08:57 AM
I think if a girl wants to "protect her character" - a ditzy poster has a lot less utility than a can of mace or a Smith and Wesson......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-04-2015, 09:57 AM
The teenage years are difficult enough as is. Do we really have to be screwing with teenagers by telling both boys and girls that unbroken hymen equals character?

It is great to hear of the student that confronted the principal about this and is getting signatures to bring the posters down. What a wonderful-self confident young woman.

I am keeping the picture for when my girls are older. There is definitely a teaching moment here.
[+] 4 users Like Iñigo's post
28-04-2015, 10:24 AM
It's just further reinforcement that sexuality is a character flaw. Of course it is a flaw until her wedding night, then it's alright after that.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
28-04-2015, 10:31 AM
Ah, that old double standard. Men who have sex before marriage are cool, women who do the exact same thing are not. Rolleyes

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
28-04-2015, 10:55 AM
(28-04-2015 08:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think if a girl wants to "protect her character" - a ditzy poster has a lot less utility than a can of mace or a Smith and Wesson......

I don't see how whether or not she gets laid on prom night affects her character in the first place.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post