Protect her character

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Protect her character
(28-04-2015 08:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  The part I take the most issue with is the descriptor that women should be quiet.

How 'bout no and go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage
I don't see that one on the poster. But I think that the intent of the poster is not what a girl "should be" but what a girl "can be." And to respect who she is.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2015, 11:09 AM
(28-04-2015 11:07 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 08:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  The part I take the most issue with is the descriptor that women should be quiet.

I don't see that one on the poster. But I think that the intent of the poster is not what a girl "should be" but what a girl "can be." And to respect who she is.

Respect who she is by keeping her legs crossed ... Consider

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Charming tits.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-04-2015, 11:11 AM
(28-04-2015 11:07 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  

The figure's right hand is 'QUIET'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-04-2015, 11:12 AM
(28-04-2015 11:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Charming tits.

Consider

Yeah the wording wasn't placed well on that one lol

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Well, I think kids having sex is usually a stupid mistake regardless if it is male or female. Difference is, the female is more likely the one to live with the consequences. Either way if it is mutual then neither is more to blame than the other.

Another thing is that young men are often "out to get laid". As in, that's their primary focus on a date or at the prom. I don't consider it bad to remind the young men that women aren't objects or targets, but people that deserve respect.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
28-04-2015, 11:15 AM
(28-04-2015 11:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 11:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Charming tits.

Consider

Yeah the wording wasn't placed well on that one lol

They could have put "warm-hearted" there. That would have made more sense.

Or "versatile"?

Angel

Or "generous". Yes, I like generous.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
28-04-2015, 11:15 AM
(28-04-2015 11:12 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well, I think kids having sex is usually a stupid mistake regardless if it is male or female. Difference is, the female is more likely the one to live with the consequences. Either way if it is mutual then neither is more to blame than the other.

Another thing is that young men are often "out to get laid". As in, that's their primary focus on a date or at the prom. I don't consider it bad to remind the young men that women aren't objects or targets, but people that deserve respect.

Then I think they should remind the young men with a poster of their own. Maybe write "self-control" across their crotch on the poster lol Consider

28-04-2015, 11:19 AM
(28-04-2015 11:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 11:12 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well, I think kids having sex is usually a stupid mistake regardless if it is male or female. Difference is, the female is more likely the one to live with the consequences. Either way if it is mutual then neither is more to blame than the other.

Then I think they should remind the young men with a poster of their own. Maybe write "self-control" across their crotch on the poster lol Consider
I think the poster is in response to the trend of boys pressuring or forcing women into sexual situations, and heavily encouraging each other to engage in adolescent sex. If there was as much of a trend for girls (and maybe there is), I'd think another poster would be just as appropriate. Making an equivalent poster for girls wouldn't hurt any, but it wouldn't have as much meaning IMO (given then trend).

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
28-04-2015, 11:25 AM
(28-04-2015 11:19 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 11:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Then I think they should remind the young men with a poster of their own. Maybe write "self-control" across their crotch on the poster lol Consider
I think the poster is in response to the trend of boys pressuring or forcing women into sexual situations, and heavily encouraging each other to engage in adolescent sex. If there was as much of a trend for girls (and maybe there is), I'd think another poster would be just as appropriate. Making an equivalent poster for girls wouldn't hurt any, but it wouldn't have as much meaning IMO (given then trend).

I'm pretty sure that poster is meant as a message for all the teens as would a male-figure poster.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user