Protect her character

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: Protect her character
(29-04-2015 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 12:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Creepy? You decide.

This one reminds me of Mr. Woof and earmuffs.

[Image: purity.jpg]

Somehow the cowboy hat and carnation make that pic look a hundred times worse lol

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2015, 04:56 PM
(29-04-2015 01:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Because it was put out by a religious organization--I have hard time believing they meant something different...
It's possible, and maybe even probable. I just don't want to assume negative stuff about them based on their faith. I know many Christians and very few sexist people. I could imagine that poster being the product of purely good intentions of "treat her with respect as an individual".

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
29-04-2015, 05:01 PM
(29-04-2015 12:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 12:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  yeah those are pretty creepy...

Creepy? You decide.

[Image: Purity-Ball-Movement-Photos-History-Mean...-59-41.jpg]

Downright disturbing.
29-04-2015, 05:01 PM
(29-04-2015 04:56 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 01:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Because it was put out by a religious organization--I have hard time believing they meant something different...
It's possible, and maybe even probable. I just don't want to assume negative stuff about them based on their faith. I know many Christians and very few sexist people. I could imagine that poster being the product of purely good intentions of "treat her with respect as an individual".

I understand where u r coming from. I just had very negative experiences with people like that re: the church and their views concerning women. But you are right anything is possible--doubtful (sorry had to throw that in lol)---but possible.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-04-2015, 05:19 PM
(29-04-2015 04:56 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  

Be careful not to be so open minded your brains fall out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-04-2015, 05:47 PM
(29-04-2015 04:53 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 03:05 PM)Losty Wrote:  That's a horrible point. Are you seriously telling me that you think being the victim of rape diminishes a person's character?

*ETA. I don't believe you think that, but it is what you said.
I see what is going on. When you read "protect her character" you read "protect her reputation/how she is perceived by others." Not once did I think that. When I read, "protect her character" I read it as "honor her sovereignty as an individual". Your interpretation may be right though.

I interpreted it as the actual definition of the word character, yes...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
29-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Didn't I read somewhere that a buttload of sex builds character?

Or did I dream that? Confused

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
29-04-2015, 05:58 PM
(29-04-2015 05:53 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Didn't I read somewhere that a buttload of sex builds character?

Did you read that on a poster? lol

29-04-2015, 06:00 PM
(29-04-2015 05:53 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Didn't I read somewhere that a buttload of sex builds character?

A buttload of sex?????

Did you really say that?????

Gasp

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-04-2015, 06:29 PM
(29-04-2015 05:47 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 04:53 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I see what is going on. When you read "protect her character" you read "protect her reputation/how she is perceived by others." Not once did I think that. When I read, "protect her character" I read it as "honor her sovereignty as an individual". Your interpretation may be right though.

I interpreted it as the actual definition of the word character, yes...
char·ac·ter
/ˈkerəktər/

noun
noun: character; plural noun: characters

the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.

a person in a novel, play, or movie.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.