Protest in Canada

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: Protest in Canada
There are pros and cons to immigrating to Canada, which are elegantly summed up in this youtube video, a song comprised exclusively of Québecois swear words, in which the entire pantheon of sacred objects in Roman Catholic liturgy is turned on its head.

A quick primer to gladden any atheist`s heart:

osti`= hostie = host
`chris = Christ
tabarnak = tabernacle
ciboire = the receptacle in which the host is stored in church
câlisse = chalise, receptacle for sacred wine
viarge = Vierge (as in Virgin Mary )
calvaire = Calvary

These swear words are so common, even used in combination they don`t raise an eyebrow in Quebec.

The con of immigrating ... well, if you watch the video, you`re looking at it ...

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2016, 11:28 AM
(21-11-2016 09:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  By the time you get your citizenship Trump will likely either be long gone or partway through his second term. I've been a legal resident since 2011 and I'm still a few months short from being able to apply for citizenship.

The time to begin the process of immigrating to escape Trump was a few years before he was elected Smile

You never know... depending on what Trump does to the US when he takes office, Americans might soon be able to apply for refugee status, that would speed up the process quite a bit. Smile

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 4 users Like unsapien's post
21-11-2016, 11:42 AM
(21-11-2016 11:28 AM)unsapien Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 09:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  By the time you get your citizenship Trump will likely either be long gone or partway through his second term. I've been a legal resident since 2011 and I'm still a few months short from being able to apply for citizenship.

The time to begin the process of immigrating to escape Trump was a few years before he was elected Smile

You never know... depending on what Trump does to the US when he takes office, Americans might soon be able to apply for refugee status, that would speed up the process quite a bit. Smile

Poor Canada. They're such nice people. They're like the really nice aunt and uncle who give you money and nice presents at Christmas and then you move in on them when you're in trouble. Blush

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Canadian here.

Canadians are gay.
21-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Protest in Canada
I just discovered this in my Facebook profile from several months,ago. May God help us, Retribution is coming.

[Image: 773a07904b6c48b87186d984b108cf5f.jpg]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[+] 9 users Like jabeady's post
21-11-2016, 02:54 PM
(21-11-2016 02:45 PM)jabeady Wrote:  I just discovered this in my Facebook profile from several months,ago. May God help us, Retribution is coming.

Well, at least we still sell our milk in jugs instead of in bags. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-11-2016, 03:04 PM
(21-11-2016 02:45 PM)jabeady Wrote:  I just discovered this in my Facebook profile from several months,ago. May God help us, Retribution is coming.

To be fair, a lot of cool music has come from Canada, too: Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, the Guess Who, Rush, k. d. lang, and probably more that I'm forgetting. But maybe they all came during Democratic administrations? I'm pretty sure the first four all became popular during the Kennedy-Johnson years; not so sure about the last two.

Neil Young lyric: "Even Richard Nixon has got soul" -- but Neil is so cool I won't deduct any points for that.
21-11-2016, 03:13 PM
(21-11-2016 03:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

To be fair, a lot of cool music has come from Canada, too: Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, the Guess Who, Rush, k. d. lang, and probably more that I'm forgetting. But maybe they all came during Democratic administrations? I'm pretty sure the first four all became popular during the Kennedy-Johnson years; not so sure about the last two.

Neil Young lyric: "Even Richard Nixon has got soul" -- but Neil is so cool I won't deduct any points for that.

You elected Trump than Leonard Cohen died. Coincidence or conspiracy?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
21-11-2016, 03:16 PM
(21-11-2016 03:13 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 03:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  To be fair, a lot of cool music has come from Canada, too: Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, the Guess Who, Rush, k. d. lang, and probably more that I'm forgetting. But maybe they all came during Democratic administrations? I'm pretty sure the first four all became popular during the Kennedy-Johnson years; not so sure about the last two.

You elected Trump than Leonard Cohen died. Coincidence or conspiracy?

I like to think that we broke Leonard's heart. But don't blame me -- I didn't vote for Trump!
21-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Um, Canada produced Rush. Nuff said.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post