Protest in Canada

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: Protest in Canada
(21-11-2016 02:45 PM)jabeady Wrote:  I just discovered this in my Facebook profile from several months,ago. May God help us, Retribution is coming.

[Image: 773a07904b6c48b87186d984b108cf5f.jpg]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That's hilarious!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-11-2016, 03:31 PM
(21-11-2016 03:29 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Um, Canada produced Rush. Nuff said.

They were on my list! (just a few posts back)
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-11-2016, 03:40 PM
(21-11-2016 03:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 03:29 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Um, Canada produced Rush. Nuff said.

They were on my list! (just a few posts back)

Yes, but until TTA's Rushologist says it, it's not official. Smartass

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
21-11-2016, 04:08 PM
(21-11-2016 09:29 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 09:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  By the time you get your citizenship Trump will likely either be long gone or partway through his second term. I've been a legal resident since 2011 and I'm still a few months short from being able to apply for citizenship.

The time to begin the process of immigrating to escape Trump was a few years before he was elected Smile

Did you have duel citizenship status before trying to become a full citizen? Was one of your parents born in Canada?

If it turns out you are eligible to apply for citizenship through one of your parents you will still have to go through that application process, and that will take time. Especially if there are administrative hurdles, such as the aforementioned birth certificate issue. Also, if it's true that there is about to be a flood of people trying to leave the US, that too will bog down the system and result in delays (even if most of those applicants are denied).

That said, it is true you wouldn't have to spend time residing in Canada to qualify for citizenship eligibility like I do, but due to the system being perpetually bogged down, even if you already qualify for citizenship, you're still looking at a minimum of a year from the time you send in all your fees and paperwork to the time that application for citizenship is approved.

As for dual citizenship, that's not a separate process. Once you are granted Canadian citizenship through any means, assuming your existing citizenship is not from a country that revokes it upon the granting of citizenship elsewhere (like China), you will henceforth be a dual citizen. The US, while it will not revoke your citizenship for achieving citizenship elsewhere, also does not legally recognize dual citizenship. In all future dealings with the US, whether residing in country or abroad, you are either a citizen or you are not.

But yeah, you're right. You'll probably get yours a lot quicker than me assuming everything pans out. Just don't expect to have an immediate escape from the Trump.

Now, of you're willing to go without work during the process, you could simply stay in Canada as a long term tourist while they're handling your application Smile Just note that although the US dollar is considerably stronger than the Canadian dollar right now, which makes for an awesome exchange rate for whatever savings you feel like swapping for Canadian currency, just about everything is more expensive here.

'Murican Canadian
22-11-2016, 12:24 AM
(21-11-2016 09:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm trying to establish duel-citizenship with Canada.

As an American, your application for duel citizenship with Canada has likely caused some concern.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
22-11-2016, 12:27 AM
(21-11-2016 03:13 PM)epronovost Wrote:  You elected Trump than Leonard Cohen died. Coincidence or conspiracy?

Cause and effect

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
22-11-2016, 09:39 AM
(22-11-2016 12:24 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 09:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm trying to establish duel-citizenship with Canada.

As an American, your application for duel citizenship with Canada has likely caused some concern.

I plan on taking a spelling class before I go so as not to embbarrass my fellow Americans........ or brush up on fencing. Thumbsup

i've always been a rotten speller Weeping

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-11-2016, 02:20 PM
There's a couple of reasons I'm not protesting Trump.
1) I live in Canada. I'm trying to find a fucking job and American politics don't give a rats ass what I think.
2) I live in Canada. I'm trying to find a fucking job and American politics don't give a rats ass what I think.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
23-11-2016, 03:45 PM
(21-11-2016 12:46 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Canadian here.

Canadians are gay.

It all makes sense now.

Trump is ...
(22-11-2016 03:14 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  ..a huge turn-on.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post