Protesters take to the streets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2016, 03:38 AM
RE: Protesters take to the streets
My take on it is this. Obama and Clinton labelled Trump as a narcissistic woman-hating unpredictable bigot who could not be trusted with national security. Then, they chose not to retract those statements, but doubled-down on them as the election date neared. If you want to blame anyone for this panic, blame the people who instigated it. Ted Cruz and his colleagues shut down the US Government while the whole-world looked on in horror in 2013. He's the guy that would be where Trump is now, if anything you guys should be thankful that Trump knocked him out!

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Aractus's post
12-11-2016, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 04:45 AM by Mathilda.)
(11-11-2016 08:17 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I think age is a big factor here. Lessons are slowly forgotten as they pass out of living memory. So you get intergenerational cycles as lessons are forgotten and then sharply remembered again.

I read a good article just now that makes the same point that I have.

History Tells Us What Will Happen Next With Brexit And Trump

Quote:My theory is that most peoples’ perspective of history is limited to the experience communicated by their parents and grandparents, so 50-100 years. To go beyond that you have to read, study and learn to untangle the propaganda that is inevitable in all telling of history.

Quote:During the Centenary of the Battle of the Somme I was struck that it was a direct outcome of the assassination of an Austrian Arch Duke in Bosnia. I very much doubt anyone at the time thought the killing of a minor European royal would lead to the death of 17 million people.

My point is that this is a cycle. It happens again and again, but as most people only have a 50-100 year historical perspective they don’t see that it’s happening again. As the events that led to the First World War unfolded, there were a few brilliant minds who started to warn that something big was wrong, that the web of treaties across Europe could lead to a war, but they were dismissed as hysterical, mad, or fools, as is always the way, and as people who worry about Putin, Brexit and Trump are dismissed now.

If you're 40 or over think about how much life has changed already. When I was a child I lived in a world where America and the Soviet Union were in a cold war and a wall was built right across Europe stopping people from leaving the east. I couldn't imagine the end of the Soviet Union. But I am sure most young people couldn't imagine such a wall being erected now.

I lived in a world without people owning computers except for hobbyists, and no one even having heard of the internet. There were three, then four and eventually five television channels and we spent the evening watching crap light entertainment on BBC1 and ITV. People all got their news from the news on these two channels and a newspaper. Yet now children have humanity's knowledge at their finger tips.

My parents were lived in a historically long period of peace and prosperity, yet they knew poverty in their early post war years far beyond anything we experience today. Yet they lived with the imminent threat of nuclear destruction throughout that period, which very nearly happened on multiple occasions.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
12-11-2016, 07:07 AM
I assume that the kids are protesting the women who voted for Trump. A lower percentage voted for Clinton, and that is just too damn funny. Obviously, the kids find nothing funny about a higher percentage of women voting for the misogynist.

I took my 89 year old mother-in-law to vote while I sat and waited for her to fill out her ballot (I do not vote). She voted for Trump. She was an ignorant speech therapist who devoted a few decades helping children with learning disabilities speak proper English and read. Knowing what I now know, I would have picked up a ballot of my own and voted for Trump.

This reminds me of those who “protest” against Rush and Fox News. They resent the fact that Rush and Fox, in a free market, have customers. I know kids who “protest” Walmart. They are protesting Walmart’s customers. They resent the fact that people freely walk into Walton’s stores to buy shoes and onions.

These protesters are stark reminders of how resentful totalitarians are toward freedom.

I like Alla. She has the best golf score I have seen here.
[+] 3 users Like Walter's post
12-11-2016, 07:36 AM
Right but they're protesting because their President told them categorically to expect the end of the world if they voted for Trump. The reason why there's hysteria is because their fears were kindled, not because Trump is going to be the worst thing ever. The fact that Trump was able to win despite spending only half of Clinton's campaign budget speaks volumes. Imagine if he'd spent the same!

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Aractus's post
12-11-2016, 01:31 PM
These protesters are not accomplishing anything. What is the point of protesting in your own liberal city, destroying your own store fronts, smashing windows and lighting cars on fire? They're not sending a message to those right leaning voters that voted for Trump.

They should immediately march into republican areas with their bricks in hand and start destroying the property of conservatives. Let them march from Dallas into Fort Worth. From Seattle into Spokane. From Philadelphia into Washington County. Don't protest in San Francisco, go on over to Redding or Shasta Lake.

Come on snowflakes, let them republicans have it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
12-11-2016, 01:47 PM
*yawn*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Let's take bets on how long these large-scale Trump victory street protests will last. I'll give it another week. I hope they don't prove me wrong, because that would be really pathetic. Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
12-11-2016, 02:37 PM
(12-11-2016 02:15 PM)cactus Wrote:  Let's take bets on how long these large-scale Trump victory street protests will last. I'll give it another week. I hope they don't prove me wrong, because that would be really pathetic. Drinking Beverage

Our weather has been unseasonably warm (thanks global climate change many republicans don't believe exists) so I expect once it gets colder and rainier, they'll stop.

At least that's my hope I need to go downtown to do some shopping.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-11-2016, 01:03 AM
(12-11-2016 02:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Our weather has been unseasonably warm (thanks global climate change many republicans don't believe exists)
Many republicans BELIEVE (one of my favorite words) that global climate has been changing since the earth began. It is changing constantly.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-11-2016, 01:39 AM
(13-11-2016 01:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 02:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Our weather has been unseasonably warm (thanks global climate change many republicans don't believe exists)
Many republicans BELIEVE (one of my favorite words) that global climate has been changing since the earth began. It is changing constantly.

She meant anthropogenic (man-made) climate change. Stop being an obtuse cunt.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]