Protesters take to the streets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Protesters take to the streets
(13-11-2016 01:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 01:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  Many republicans BELIEVE (one of my favorite words) that global climate has been changing since the earth began. It is changing constantly.

She meant anthropogenic (man-made) climate change. Stop being an obtuse cunt.

Just ignore her. Her comment wasn't worth replying to. She's a supercilious twat and not worth anyone's effort. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-11-2016, 02:04 AM
(13-11-2016 01:49 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 01:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  She meant anthropogenic (man-made) climate change. Stop being an obtuse cunt.

Just ignore her. Her comment wasn't worth replying to. She's a supercilious twat and not worth anyone's effort. Drinking Beverage
That is fine. You can read it without replying. Smile
Oh, about this "twat" thing: LOVE TRUMPS HATE!
When they go low we go high! Thumbsup
I love you, Lady.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-11-2016, 02:08 AM
(13-11-2016 01:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 01:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  Many republicans BELIEVE (one of my favorite words) that global climate has been changing since the earth began. It is changing constantly.

She meant anthropogenic (man-made) climate change. Stop being an obtuse cunt.

I know. But we don't BELIEVE everything you BELIEVE.
Can we BELIEVE differently without offending each other?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-11-2016, 02:27 AM
(13-11-2016 02:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 01:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  She meant anthropogenic (man-made) climate change. Stop being an obtuse cunt.

If your belief is contrary to evidence and causes demonstrable harm? Then we're gong to take issues with your 'beliefs'.

Thinking that man-made climate change is a myth is a dangerous, and potentially global ruining belief. So yeah, we're going to call out that bullshit. All of our lives depend on it.

Plus, that level of ignorance is not only dangerous, but offensive in it's own right. You don't get your own set of facts. We share the same facts, and beliefs that ignore them are dangerous, destructive, and offensive.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-11-2016, 04:06 AM

[Image: stfu.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
13-11-2016, 05:50 AM
At least some, not a negligible amount, of the "protesters" are rioting. That is an important distinction. Protesting? Fine, go for it. Smashing cars, burning buildings, shutting down traffic, threatening violence, and shooting people is not okay. It was only a week ago that the media and Hillary supporters were "concerned" that Trump and his voters would not accept the outcome of the election, and that it threatened American democracy. Really, people?! Are you fucking with me? And this non-sense about cessation is the same thing Democrats were mocking Texas about doing last year over the Obama Administration. Get a grip. I know you can immediately come up with reasons in your head why your side of the argument is justified, and theirs is not. Stop and get some perspective.

Of course I am not talking to all Hillary supporters, as most are smarter and more objective than this. For those of you who I am taking to, take a deep breath, look at the big picture and realize the world isn't coming to an end, your anger is justifying you political opponents positions and relax. There are no death camps, big brother isn't coming to make you or anyone disappear, Trump isn't Hitler. If, in four years, you still feel the same way you will have had time to organize and find a candidate that the American people are willing to rally around. Present your arguments. Challenge you political opponents beliefs through debate. Change hearts and win minds through intellectual conversation, not through violence, hate, name-calling, and threats.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
13-11-2016, 07:17 AM
(13-11-2016 05:50 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  There are no death camps, big brother isn't coming to make you or anyone disappear, Trump isn't Hitler.

Of course there are no death camps. He's not even president yet.

The thing is, neither you nor anyone else actually knows what is coming. That's the problem. We don't know whether or not these things will happen. No one can say.

What we do know though is that Trump is a demagogue. If America voted in someone that would bring about death camps and big brother making people disappear then it would be because people voted someone like Trump and the current Republican party without any checks and balances.

There is every reason to be worried. And these things are more likely to happen if people aren't vigilant.
13-11-2016, 07:23 AM
(13-11-2016 02:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  I know. But we don't BELIEVE everything you BELIEVE.

Your beliefs are offensive.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-11-2016, 07:26 AM

You can believe whatever you want. You might learn to shut up about it though when you realize that present company considers you a meddlesome, quarrelling twit.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-11-2016, 07:33 AM
(13-11-2016 07:17 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 05:50 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  There are no death camps, big brother isn't coming to make you or anyone disappear, Trump isn't Hitler.

Of course there are no death camps. He's not even president yet.

The thing is, neither you nor anyone else actually knows what is coming. That's the problem. We don't know whether or not these things will happen. No one can say.

What we do know though is that Trump is a demagogue. If America voted in someone that would bring about death camps and big brother making people disappear then it would be because people voted someone like Trump and the current Republican party without any checks and balances.

There is every reason to be worried. And these things are more likely to happen if people aren't vigilant.

I can say confidently that there will be no deathcamps in America regardless of who is President for the foreseeable future. There are plenty of checks and balances in place. Don't be an alarmist.