Protesters take to the streets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Protesters take to the streets
(09-11-2016 03:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  Video:

http://www.wsj.com/video/anti-trump-prot...AE184.html

this made me feel better. I am glad people are angry about these results.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
10-11-2016, 02:57 AM
I've been hearing reports of hate crimes by Trump supporters in wake of his victory.

Honestly, the first professional thing he can do as president-elect is publicly condemn that. I have a feeling that would ease the protesters somewhat.
10-11-2016, 03:28 AM
(10-11-2016 02:57 AM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I've been hearing reports of hate crimes by Trump supporters in wake of his victory.

Honestly, the first professional thing he can do as president-elect is publicly condemn that. I have a feeling that would ease the protesters somewhat.

Cite source.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-11-2016, 06:18 AM
"Americans shared on social media Wednesday accounts of verbal attacks and aggressive behavior in the immediate hours after Trump was announced the victor of the 2016 presidential campaign."
—9 Nov 16

http://www.ibtimes.com/threats-against-m...ct-2444303

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-11-2016, 07:03 AM
(10-11-2016 03:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 02:57 AM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I've been hearing reports of hate crimes by Trump supporters in wake of his victory.

Cite source.

It is probably the protesters attacking first and complaining when the trump supporters hit back.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-11-2016, 07:04 AM
(10-11-2016 06:18 AM)SYZ Wrote:  "Americans shared on social media Wednesday accounts of verbal attacks and aggressive behavior in the immediate hours after Trump was announced the victor of the 2016 presidential campaign."
—9 Nov 16

http://www.ibtimes.com/threats-against-m...ct-2444303

Ahh.

Somebody said something they didn't like....

That's now a hate crime....

Facepalm

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-11-2016, 07:14 AM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/thousands-pr...ding_now_8

Thousands of protesters packed the area around Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan on Wednesday night, chanting slogans against President-elect Donald Trump.
Demonstrators marched in other cities around the country, including San Francisco, Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Seattle, Austin, Texas, and Portland, Ore. In Chicago, thousands massed outside Trump Tower.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Protests are all good and well until they turn violent and destructive, at that point they immediately lose the moral high ground.

People are upset, I get that, I am too. You want to march and show your displeasure? Fine, we have a right to peacefully assemble. You start defacing and destroying property and clashing with LEO then you no longer have my support.

The Big Orange was elected fair and square and it is our job now to figure out why and how that happened, why were the people that voted for him feeling disenfranchised, and what can we do to address those grievances so that four years from now we can have a nominee that represents not just “our” viewpoints but many of theirs as well.

Go ahead and take some time to facepalm, bitch and moan and be angry. Then strap up your bootlaces and get to work. I think that this is a great learning opportunity to all the young, college educated, city-dwellers on what happens when you see the world in an insular way.

I may have another 5-6 presidential elections left in me, but these folks have 14-15...a full lifetime of these things, try and remember what this feels like and learn from it.

In my view the US political pendulum is swinging in longer arcs than ever, Reagan/Bush to Clinton to Dubya to Obama to now (gasp) Trump. If the next iteration is a Bernie-like president I shudder to think what comes after.

How about both sides holster their weapons and try for a middle ground? A slightly leaning left or right moderate? That way everyone is unhappy and we can do the nation’s work without being at each other’s throats.

My 2 cents.

http://time.com/4565747/anti-trump-prote...o-oakland/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
10-11-2016, 09:03 AM
(10-11-2016 08:18 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Protests are all good and well until they turn violent and destructive, at that point they immediately lose the moral high ground.

People are upset, I get that, I am too. You want to march and show your displeasure? Fine, we have a right to peacefully assemble. You start defacing and destroying property and clashing with LEO then you no longer have my support.

The Big Orange was elected fair and square and it is our job now to figure out why and how that happened, why were the people that voted for him feeling disenfranchised, and what can we do to address those grievances so that four years from now we can have a nominee that represents not just “our” viewpoints but many of theirs as well.

Go ahead and take some time to facepalm, bitch and moan and be angry. Then strap up your bootlaces and get to work. I think that this is a great learning opportunity to all the young, college educated, city-dwellers on what happens when you see the world in an insular way.

I may have another 5-6 presidential elections left in me, but these folks have 14-15...a full lifetime of these things, try and remember what this feels like and learn from it.

In my view the US political pendulum is swinging in longer arcs than ever, Reagan/Bush to Clinton to Dubya to Obama to now (gasp) Trump. If the next iteration is a Bernie-like president I shudder to think what comes after.

How about both sides holster their weapons and try for a middle ground? A slightly leaning left or right moderate? That way everyone is unhappy and we can do the nation’s work without being at each other’s throats.

My 2 cents.

http://time.com/4565747/anti-trump-prote...o-oakland/

Peaceful protests in the 70s are what brought gay rights to the forefront, they are why you now see women holding some of the important jobs, they were instrumental in bringing Nixon down. Peaceful demonstrations are one of the most important tools of free speech. They haven't happened in decades, but perhaps the millennials will bring them back. Most of the recent protests were peaceful.

Thumbsup to the millennials.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
10-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Thing is -- the big orange buffoon hasn't gotten into office yet.....

It's (if nothing else) unsportsmanlike to protest the results of a fair election.......

Now -- when he gets in office - and starts pissing people off (and he will) -- THEN is the time to have meaningful protests.

I might even be there myself.....

I've done it before....

[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post