Protesters take to the streets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Protesters take to the streets
I worry about the protests simply because of what happened at Kent State during the Vietnam war.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Trump said people protesting him were "professional protestors", and therefore illegitimate. Breitbart, which is now state endorsed propaganda, ran an article which claimed the protestors were paid to protest. Even if it's not the case that Trump is a fascist per se, it's easy to see why people perceive him as a fascist.
15-11-2016, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2016 12:03 PM by Chas.)
(15-11-2016 11:53 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Trump said people protesting him were "professional protestors", and therefore illegitimate. Breitbart, which is now state endorsed propaganda, ran an article which claimed the protestors were paid to protest. Even if it's not the case that Trump is a fascist per se, it's easy to see why people perceive him as a fascist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-11-2016, 12:10 PM
(15-11-2016 11:53 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Trump said people protesting him were "professional protestors", and therefore illegitimate. Breitbart, which is now state endorsed propaganda, ran an article which claimed the protestors were paid to protest. Even if it's not the case that Trump is a fascist per se, it's easy to see why people perceive him as a fascist.

He's going to believe anything printed there. That alone is dangerous as heck.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-11-2016, 12:30 PM
(15-11-2016 11:37 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I find it quite ironic that the Republican supporters have this image of liberals being too weak and ineffectual to do anything because of their personal empathy and being scared of guns, while they think themselves as being all strong and powerful because they have a tool that can kill people. And then these same people start criticising liberals for rioting. Has it not occurred to them to re-evaluate their original prejudices?

I’ve often thought the same thing. Sure you’re going to have people labeled as liberals that can be described as vegan flower children, but there are people like me that, while I subscribe to many of the liberal policies, would just as soon put a speargun shaft or .357 magnum hollow point round through your cranium if you broke into my house. Just sayin’.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-11-2016, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2016 03:39 PM by Dark Light.)
(15-11-2016 12:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 11:37 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I find it quite ironic that the Republican supporters have this image of liberals being too weak and ineffectual to do anything because of their personal empathy and being scared of guns, while they think themselves as being all strong and powerful because they have a tool that can kill people. And then these same people start criticising liberals for rioting. Has it not occurred to them to re-evaluate their original prejudices?

I’ve often thought the same thing. Sure you’re going to have people labeled as liberals that can be described as vegan flower children, but there are people like me that, while I subscribe to many of the liberal policies, would just as soon put a speargun shaft or .357 magnum hollow point round through your cranium if you broke into my house. Just sayin’.

A group of so-called 'liberals' surrounding a lone man and cracking his head open, breaking his nose, and sending him to the hospital for holding the 'wrong' political positions not a sign a strength, it is a sign of weakness. It's also a direct attack on the most important liberty we have, freedom of speech. You'd think that liberals would want liberties protected. Silencing dissidents through violent intimidation is the very thing many claim to fear, after all. Any group of assholes can cause harm. That doesn't vindicate them, it vindicates their opponent. I'd much rather be thought of as a smelly hippie that's weak than a mindless horde of violent oppressors. This is not something to be lauded.

Of course, protecting your home from robbers by using a firearm is not what I am addressing, as it wasn't the topic at hand, and something with which I find no fault.

edit: Since I believe there has been some communication issues between us, let me state clearly that I am not saying you support these violent incidents that are happening. This is just me making a point about those who are engaging in or supporting this type of behavior

15-11-2016, 04:47 PM
(15-11-2016 03:34 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 12:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’ve often thought the same thing. Sure you’re going to have people labeled as liberals that can be described as vegan flower children, but there are people like me that, while I subscribe to many of the liberal policies, would just as soon put a speargun shaft or .357 magnum hollow point round through your cranium if you broke into my house. Just sayin’.

A group of so-called 'liberals' surrounding a lone man and cracking his head open, breaking his nose, and sending him to the hospital for holding the 'wrong' political positions not a sign a strength, it is a sign of weakness. It's also a direct attack on the most important liberty we have, freedom of speech. You'd think that liberals would want liberties protected. Silencing dissidents through violent intimidation is the very thing many claim to fear, after all. Any group of assholes can cause harm. That doesn't vindicate them, it vindicates their opponent. I'd much rather be thought of as a smelly hippie that's weak than a mindless horde of violent oppressors. This is not something to be lauded.

Of course, protecting your home from robbers by using a firearm is not what I am addressing, as it wasn't the topic at hand, and something with which I find no fault.

edit: Since I believe there has been some communication issues between us, let me state clearly that I am not saying you support these violent incidents that are happening. This is just me making a point about those who are engaging in or supporting this type of behavior

It's not an example of liberals. Just think straight, for dog's sake! If the election had turned out otherwise, the "militia" would have done a lot worse than a lot of peaceful demonstrations that were abused by idiots. There are always idiots ruining it for everyone else, no matter what's going on. You are better than to use that as a label for any group.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-11-2016, 05:15 PM
(15-11-2016 12:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

You know why? Because you're not a fucking retard.
"Trump is going to ruin this country!!! So lets go out and ruin this country!!!"

How do people think blocking freeways is going to get them anywhere? Serious question. How the fuck do they think that will do anything other than fuck everyone off??? If they blocked my way home after a long days work I would go out of my way to vote against whatever the fuck they want because fuck them.

It's fucking embarrassing. It's like the whole black lives matter shit. It does so much more damage than good when you're blocking freeways and causing public disturbances and shit.

I'm calling it. Liberal 'vegan flower children' acted by far the worst this year. Between this shit and the social justice warrior fucking PC shit, it's no fucking wonder conservatives came out in droves to vote for Trump.

Fuck liberals. Hypocritical fuckwits with zero grasp on reality that need to grow the fuck up and get the fuck over themselves. They're a fucking embarrassment to people that simply just want equal rights and shit and would be considered 'liberal'. Make us look bad with their fucking weak ass pansy cunt ways, so delicate they need fucking safe rooms to be away from the people with differing fucking opinions. Jesus Christ.

Oh, and this.
[Image: JBZZSzH.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
15-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Wow, does no one remember 2008 and 2012 already?

[Image: 5c5399e6866a329c9b5798a366142100.jpg]

[Image: NMP.png]

[Image: not_my_president_barack_obama_tote_bag.jpg]

[Image: barack_obama_is_not_my_president_t_shirt...6t_324.jpg]

[Image: 12053233-not-my-president.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
15-11-2016, 08:37 PM
(15-11-2016 05:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 12:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’ve often thought the same thing. Sure you’re going to have people labeled as liberals that can be described as vegan flower children, but there are people like me that, while I subscribe to many of the liberal policies, would just as soon put a speargun shaft or .357 magnum hollow point round through your cranium if you broke into my house. Just sayin’.

You know why? Because you're not a fucking retard.
"Trump is going to ruin this country!!! So lets go out and ruin this country!!!"

How do people think blocking freeways is going to get them anywhere? Serious question. How the fuck do they think that will do anything other than fuck everyone off??? If they blocked my way home after a long days work I would go out of my way to vote against whatever the fuck they want because fuck them.

It's fucking embarrassing. It's like the whole black lives matter shit. It does so much more damage than good when you're blocking freeways and causing public disturbances and shit.

I'm calling it. Liberal 'vegan flower children' acted by far the worst this year. Between this shit and the social justice warrior fucking PC shit, it's no fucking wonder conservatives came out in droves to vote for Trump.

Fuck liberals. Hypocritical fuckwits with zero grasp on reality that need to grow the fuck up and get the fuck over themselves. They're a fucking embarrassment to people that simply just want equal rights and shit and would be considered 'liberal'. Make us look bad with their fucking weak ass pansy cunt ways, so delicate they need fucking safe rooms to be away from the people with differing fucking opinions. Jesus Christ.

Oh, and this.
[Image: JBZZSzH.jpg]

Muffs, your tits are getting a little out of hand. Just sayin' bro. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post