Protesters take to the streets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 11:47 PM
RE: Protesters take to the streets
I'm not foaming with rage, not protesting, but I'm damned sure keeping an eye out for bullshit ... and donating to the ACLU ... something tells me they're gonna need every penny they can get.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-11-2016, 01:32 AM
(15-11-2016 10:44 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 10:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok I'm say this again because who doesn't love repeating themselves a million times amirite?

My thread is about people complaining about Trump being the reincarnation of Hitler. I was pointing out that stupidity but it's well.. stupid. We lost, we need to deal with. Doesn't mean we have to like it. Doesn't mean we have to agree with his policies and shit. But it doesn't mean you need to go around claiming he's not your president or how you're gonna move to Canada or spreading bullshit like how he's gonna massacre Muslims and Mexicans and nuke everyone etc.. because that's getting into the same territory as what happened when Obama lost.

Vegan flower children are a separate fucking issue. SEPARATE FUCKING ISSUE!
SEPERATE FUCKING ISSUE. DO YOU HEAR ME NOW? Jesus fucking Christ.

Can we just stop with the stupid please. Seriously. That's all I fucking want. Stop with the not knowing the difference between two seperate things. Stop with calling Trump the next Hitler. Vegan flower children just need to stop doing everything. Just fucking stop with the fucking stupid. STOP IT.

Well, I thought the wincky face at the end of my post would indicate that it was a joke and a gentle poke at what I perceived to be a tone issue. Since its a complete failure, I would like to apologies to you. I didn't meant to get you so worked up you felt the uses of ALL CAP RAGE was necessary to get your point across. Sorry.

I do think that there is a lot of over-reaction from the side who "lost" their election (as usual), but I do think they can express their unsatisfaction as long as it doesn't cause too much trouble or risks (so far, its very manageable I think). I also think that vigilence toward Trump's administartion is warranted, much more so than when it was the case for Obama's election who was a career politician.

DO I LOOK WORKED UP TO YOU? HUH?? ANSWER ME DAMN IT! DO. I. LOOK. WORKED. UP. TO. YOU!!!! WHO'S RAGING NOW BITCH!! WHO'S RAGING NOW!! YOU LOOK PRETTY FUCKING RIDICULOUS NOW DON'T YOU!
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-11-2016, 02:13 AM
(15-11-2016 10:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 10:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok I'm say this again because who doesn't love repeating themselves a million times amirite?

My thread is about people complaining about Trump being the reincarnation of Hitler. I was pointing out that stupidity but it's well.. stupid. We lost, we need to deal with. Doesn't mean we have to like it. Doesn't mean we have to agree with his policies and shit. But it doesn't mean you need to go around claiming he's not your president or how you're gonna move to Canada or spreading bullshit like how he's gonna massacre Muslims and Mexicans and nuke everyone etc.. because that's getting into the same territory as what happened when Obama lost.

Can we just stop with the stupid please. Seriously. That's all I fucking want. Stop with the not knowing the difference between two seperate things. Stop with calling Trump the next Hitler. Vegan flower children just need to stop doing everything. Just fucking stop with the fucking stupid. STOP IT.

You realize he tapped a white supremacist as his chief adviser right? Steve Bannon the EiC of Brietbart white nationalist Maybe just maybe the Nazi shit has some grounding in fact and we should not calm our tits about it.

Hey, just because Bannon beats up his wife and hates jews, that doesnt mean he is violent and/or has anything against jews.
*runs for his life*

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
16-11-2016, 09:47 AM
(15-11-2016 09:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I’m talking about the 16-21 year old collage fuckhead liberals, aka vegan flower children (thanks for the saying by the way FC, it’s an absolute perfect description).

You’re welcome.

(15-11-2016 09:34 PM)‘earmuffs’ pid=‘1090417 Wrote:...I don't know what the fuck you people want from me?

Entertainment, and you are a gushing font of it, so keep up the good work. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
16-11-2016, 10:01 AM
(15-11-2016 10:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My thread is about people complaining about Trump being the reincarnation of Hitler. I was pointing out that stupidity but it's well.. stupid. We lost, we need to deal with. Doesn't mean we have to like it. Doesn't mean we have to agree with his policies and shit. But it doesn't mean you need to go around claiming he's not your president or how you're gonna move to Canada or spreading bullshit like how he's gonna massacre Muslims and Mexicans and nuke everyone etc.. because that's getting into the same territory as what happened when Obama lost.

I hear you (how couldn’t I) and I understand what you’re saying but, and this is a big but (and I cannot lie), I think more than ever before in my lifetime we need to be extra vigilant so as the new administration doesn’t turn back the clock on all the hard-won rights minorities have fought for.

When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail. Pearl S. Buck

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Desmond Tutu

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
16-11-2016, 10:21 AM
(16-11-2016 01:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 10:44 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Well, I thought the wincky face at the end of my post would indicate that it was a joke and a gentle poke at what I perceived to be a tone issue. Since its a complete failure, I would like to apologies to you. I didn't meant to get you so worked up you felt the uses of ALL CAP RAGE was necessary to get your point across. Sorry.

I do think that there is a lot of over-reaction from the side who "lost" their election (as usual), but I do think they can express their unsatisfaction as long as it doesn't cause too much trouble or risks (so far, its very manageable I think). I also think that vigilence toward Trump's administartion is warranted, much more so than when it was the case for Obama's election who was a career politician.

DO I LOOK WORKED UP TO YOU? HUH?? ANSWER ME DAMN IT! DO. I. LOOK. WORKED. UP. TO. YOU!!!! WHO'S RAGING NOW BITCH!! WHO'S RAGING NOW!! YOU LOOK PRETTY FUCKING RIDICULOUS NOW DON'T YOU!

I'm sorry...... what did you say Muffs??? I didn't quite get that. Can you speak up please?

Knights who say NI!

Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-11-2016, 10:36 AM
(15-11-2016 03:34 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 12:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’ve often thought the same thing. Sure you’re going to have people labeled as liberals that can be described as vegan flower children, but there are people like me that, while I subscribe to many of the liberal policies, would just as soon put a speargun shaft or .357 magnum hollow point round through your cranium if you broke into my house. Just sayin’.

A group of so-called 'liberals' surrounding a lone man and cracking his head open, breaking his nose, and sending him to the hospital for holding the 'wrong' political positions not a sign a strength, it is a sign of weakness. It's also a direct attack on the most important liberty we have, freedom of speech. You'd think that liberals would want liberties protected. Silencing dissidents through violent intimidation is the very thing many claim to fear, after all. Any group of assholes can cause harm. That doesn't vindicate them, it vindicates their opponent. I'd much rather be thought of as a smelly hippie that's weak than a mindless horde of violent oppressors. This is not something to be lauded.

Of course, protecting your home from robbers by using a firearm is not what I am addressing, as it wasn't the topic at hand, and something with which I find no fault.

edit: Since I believe there has been some communication issues between us, let me state clearly that I am not saying you support these violent incidents that are happening. This is just me making a point about those who are engaging in or supporting this type of behavior

Maybe they're not "liberal" but just assholes? Meanwhile this shit is going on.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016...n-election

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-11-2016, 10:44 AM
(15-11-2016 10:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

You realize he tapped a white supremacist as his chief adviser right? Steve Bannon the EiC of Brietbart white nationalist Maybe just maybe the Nazi shit has some grounding in fact and we should not calm our tits about it.

I wonder how long it will take people to realize that Donald Trump isn't really president elect? He's a puppet line reader for the old guard republican establishment. He's surrounded himself with people who never got a shot at the WhiteHouse because they were but now all batshit crazy.

But now they believe they get to run the show. There's a very good reason why Newt, Giuliani, Christie, et al, were elected to begin with. Now they've slid into power through the back door.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-11-2016, 10:49 AM
(15-11-2016 03:34 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 12:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’ve often thought the same thing. Sure you’re going to have people labeled as liberals that can be described as vegan flower children, but there are people like me that, while I subscribe to many of the liberal policies, would just as soon put a speargun shaft or .357 magnum hollow point round through your cranium if you broke into my house. Just sayin’.

A group of so-called 'liberals' surrounding a lone man and cracking his head open, breaking his nose, and sending him to the hospital for holding the 'wrong' political positions not a sign a strength, it is a sign of weakness. It's also a direct attack on the most important liberty we have, freedom of speech. You'd think that liberals would want liberties protected. Silencing dissidents through violent intimidation is the very thing many claim to fear, after all. Any group of assholes can cause harm. That doesn't vindicate them, it vindicates their opponent. I'd much rather be thought of as a smelly hippie that's weak than a mindless horde of violent oppressors. This is not something to be lauded.

Of course, protecting your home from robbers by using a firearm is not what I am addressing, as it wasn't the topic at hand, and something with which I find no fault.

edit: Since I believe there has been some communication issues between us, let me state clearly that I am not saying you support these violent incidents that are happening. This is just me making a point about those who are engaging in or supporting this type of behavior

I was addressing Mom’s point that conservatives view liberals as vegan flower children without backbone that only want to hold hands and sing kumbaya. My opinion is that when necessary many of us self-described liberals aren’t the pushovers conservatives think we are.

I have said in other threads, maybe even earlier in this one, that the minute you resort to gratuitous violence you have lost the moral high ground and my support.

Your point is valid, it just wasn’t the one I was making or condoning.

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-11-2016, 11:21 AM
(16-11-2016 10:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 10:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You realize he tapped a white supremacist as his chief adviser right? Steve Bannon the EiC of Brietbart white nationalist Maybe just maybe the Nazi shit has some grounding in fact and we should not calm our tits about it.

I wonder how long it will take people to realize that Donald Trump isn't really president elect? He's a puppet line reader for the old guard republican establishment. He's surrounded himself with people who never got a shot at the WhiteHouse because they were but now all batshit crazy.

But now they believe they get to run the show. There's a very good reason why Newt, Giuliani, Christie, et al, were elected to begin with. Now they've slid into power through the back door.

They'll self destruct. Christie is already sliding out the door.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man