Protesters take to the streets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Protesters take to the streets
(16-11-2016 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 05:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And as a Hillary voter - yours apparently is worth even less.....

But thanks for asking...

Nope I at least had an effect you have rendered yourself a non-person by not even bothering to vote. You wants are irrelevant.

LOL

an effect????

Sure -- you joined the losing team....

how's that working out for ya????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2016, 05:53 PM
(16-11-2016 05:50 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Nope I at least had an effect you have rendered yourself a non-person by not even bothering to vote. You wants are irrelevant.

LOL

an effect????

Sure -- you joined the losing team....

how's that working out for ya????

She won the popular vote. That sends a message, and it means something, whether or not it "wins the election" -- and it wouldn't have happened without Rev and I and a whole bunch of other people voting for her.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
16-11-2016, 05:55 PM
A message????

Yeah -- I suppose it does....

"We're Democrats -- and we'll vote for the least popular, crooked politician they tell us to vote for"....

Quite the message....

Oddly -- it's the same message the winning side used.....

Imagine that...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-11-2016, 05:57 PM
(16-11-2016 05:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 05:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The protesters I know that were involved in the Portland march ARE working, making money and paying taxes.

That's great.....

Maybe they'll use some of that income and come back in a few years and put some of it to use to make effective changes.........

Or -- they can piss it away now -- showing how "righteously outraged" they are........

Legal assembly is a right here in this country. You can disagree and that's just fine. But changes have come about from protesting. Without Martin Luther King's marches throughout the 1960 there probably wouldn't have been the strides that black people have made in the last 40 years. It's probable that a black President wouldn't have happened in another 20 years or so. It's hard to say. The Vietnam war was pretty much brought to a halt by the protestors of the 1960's.

The US has seen people gather in the streets protesting everything from taxes to the formation of unions in the 1920's and beyond. American farmers have protested. It's our right to voice our opinion. If you, Online, took a notion to protest.....whatever, it doesn't matter what the hell it would be....I'd support your RIGHT to protest. I may not agree with it....or maybe I would.... but I'd know you have a right to voice your opinion, stand in the streets holding a huge sign and have your say.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-11-2016, 06:37 PM
(16-11-2016 05:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 05:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's great.....

Maybe they'll use some of that income and come back in a few years and put some of it to use to make effective changes.........

Or -- they can piss it away now -- showing how "righteously outraged" they are........

Legal assembly is a right here in this country. You can disagree and that's just fine. But changes have come about from protesting. Without Martin Luther King's marches throughout the 1960 there probably wouldn't have been the strides that black people have made in the last 40 years. It's probable that a black President wouldn't have happened in another 20 years or so. It's hard to say. The Vietnam war was pretty much brought to a halt by the protestors of the 1960's.

The US has seen people gather in the streets protesting everything from taxes to the formation of unions in the 1920's and beyond. American farmers have protested. It's our right to voice our opinion. If you, Online, took a notion to protest.....whatever, it doesn't matter what the hell it would be....I'd support your RIGHT to protest. I may not agree with it....or maybe I would.... but I'd know you have a right to voice your opinion, stand in the streets holding a huge sign and have your say.

I don't begrudge anyone the right to protest.

I'm simply pointing out that there's really not any good going to come from these protests......

Yeah -- we got it --- you protesters don't like Trump....

Neither do I...

Get over it..

16-11-2016, 07:08 PM
(16-11-2016 06:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 05:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Legal assembly is a right here in this country. You can disagree and that's just fine. But changes have come about from protesting. Without Martin Luther King's marches throughout the 1960 there probably wouldn't have been the strides that black people have made in the last 40 years. It's probable that a black President wouldn't have happened in another 20 years or so. It's hard to say. The Vietnam war was pretty much brought to a halt by the protestors of the 1960's.

I don't begrudge anyone the right to protest.

I'm simply pointing out that there's really not any good going to come from these protests......

Yeah -- we got it --- you protesters don't like Trump....

Neither do I...

Get over it..

Mmmmmm.......probably won't get over it any time soon. Unless trump suddenly brings in middle of the road supreme court nominees and other normal people. Until then, Online..........I'm a whiny, bitchy twat! Big Grin

Kiss

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-11-2016, 08:27 PM
This thread is a good example that people aren't interested in discussing the issues anymore, if they ever were. I'm done with this one, you guys have at it.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
17-11-2016, 02:32 AM
(16-11-2016 08:27 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  This thread is a good example that people aren't interested in discussing the issues anymore, if they ever were. I'm done with this one, you guys have at it.

You mean because people aren't agreeing with you about sticking their heads in the sand?
17-11-2016, 03:07 AM
(16-11-2016 06:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't begrudge anyone the right to protest.

And you're wrong. If you weren't then America would still be owned by Britain.

The Vietnam war was lost at home in America. If there were no protests then this wouldn't have happened.

And in Europe, we have a much longer history. We weren't set up as a republican, all European countries used to be monarchies. These didn't evolve into democracies by accident. Historically monarchs did not voluntarily give up power because it seemed like a nice thing to do. They were forced to. The only example I know of where a monarch did give up power without being forced to was in 1975 in Spain after the dictator Franco died and democracy was already widespread in Europe.

Most European countries have been invaded in one way or another and a new democracy installed from outside. But Britain has never been fully conquered. Our democracy was fought for through protest. We have been given only enough democracy to stop the people from rioting. This is why we still have a monarch signing off on every law passed through parliament whereas the French have a republic state (ever heard of the French revolution?)

Protest absolutely does have an effect, but it's not immediately obvious how. Governments can't be seen giving into protesters because it is a sign of weakness. But the protest itself is a sign of the strength of a grass roots movement. This sends a message to political enemies of the leadership that they can rely on the support of the voter.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
17-11-2016, 05:18 AM
(17-11-2016 03:07 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 06:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't begrudge anyone the right to protest.

And you're wrong. If you weren't then America would still be owned by Britain.

The Vietnam war was lost at home in America. If there were no protests then this wouldn't have happened.

And in Europe, we have a much longer history. We weren't set up as a republican, all European countries used to be monarchies. These didn't evolve into democracies by accident. Historically monarchs did not voluntarily give up power because it seemed like a nice thing to do. They were forced to. The only example I know of where a monarch did give up power without being forced to was in 1975 in Spain after the dictator Franco died and democracy was already widespread in Europe.

Most European countries have been invaded in one way or another and a new democracy installed from outside. But Britain has never been fully conquered. Our democracy was fought for through protest. We have been given only enough democracy to stop the people from rioting. This is why we still have a monarch signing off on every law passed through parliament whereas the French have a republic state (ever heard of the French revolution?)

Protest absolutely does have an effect, but it's not immediately obvious how. Governments can't be seen giving into protesters because it is a sign of weakness. But the protest itself is a sign of the strength of a grass roots movement. This sends a message to political enemies of the leadership that they can rely on the support of the voter.

Really????

You call taking up arms - and being the terrorist (of the day) "protest"??????

Remember - at the time - "wars" were fought by opposing troops standing in straight lines - shooting at each other --- a "gentlemanly" way of fighting....

But - the Colonists quickly found out that they were outnumbered - and outgunned. (The Brits had a ready supply of rifled barrels - the Colonists had mostly smoothbores. (less accurate). )

Consequently -- the Colonists used "cowardly" tactics of firing from cover - then running like a jackrabbit -- and NOT WEARING UNIFORMS...... The Brits couldn't tell the rebels from the loyal colonists.... (sound familiar??)

The colonists were called (the day's equivalent) "terrorists".

You call terrorism a valid form of protest???

Vietnam??? The protests had something to do with it ---- but, the long running war was such a tar-baby - that any politician could win an election simply by promising to get us out of the war..... (again -- sound familiar????)

Today's "protestors" aren't protesting anything other than the fact that they lost an election.

Hope you like it when the other side does it --- because now you're in favor of such things --- right??????

Sure you are...

See you in 2020.....