Protesters take to the streets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 11:45 AM
RE: Protesters take to the streets
(10-11-2016 10:01 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Half this country didn't vote for trump and he needs to know that he and his cohorts can't simply run off with the ball and play any game they want.

You assume that they care about that. They have the ball and won't look back or forward, just run.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-11-2016, 11:47 AM
(10-11-2016 11:45 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 10:01 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Half this country didn't vote for trump and he needs to know that he and his cohorts can't simply run off with the ball and play any game they want.

You assume that they care about that. They have the ball and won't look back or forward, just run.

The conservative right doesn't give a flying fuck about the progressive left. At best, they'll claim that they are looking out for the progressives by "letting the states decide" on certain issues. Which means "fuck the liberals living in dominantly conservative states."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
10-11-2016, 11:50 AM
I was watching a bit of CNN last night, and I'm not sure what they're protesting.

Do they want an apology from him? Do they want Trump to addresss the issue? To let them know that it is their America too and he hears their dissent?

How is the president elect going to unify this country when his entire campaign focus has been to divide it into "them" and "us"?

It's just not a case where the other side (Clinton camp) painted him this way, since we have a huge list of shit he actually did say. His own words.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2016, 11:51 AM
(10-11-2016 11:44 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 11:27 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I agree. But how do you overcome Republican structural over-representation? They win the House, even though their representatives get a million votes less than the Dems overall.

If they can be gridlocked it would hold off some of the damage.

It would. But they need numbers. They might be in a position to filibuster the Supreme Court appointees until the people give Michelle Obama the mandate in 2020. But they lack the Republican mean streak. In the House, their hands are tied.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
10-11-2016, 11:52 AM
(10-11-2016 11:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  To let them know that it is their America too and he hears their dissent?

It's just not a case where the other side (Clinton camp) painted him this way, since we have a huge list of shit he actually did say. His own words.

That.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-11-2016, 12:52 AM
I'm going to say it now, but I highly doubt all of those dipshits actually went out and voted before this.

Those protesting, who did not themselves vote, should be eaten by bears.

The spectacle should be broadcast live for the benefit of those who actually did vote.

[Image: THREAT_AMERICA.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-11-2016, 12:56 AM
(11-11-2016 12:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm going to say it now, but I highly doubt all of those dipshits actually went out and voted before this.

Those protesting, who did not themselves vote, should be eaten by bears.

The spectacle should be broadcast live for the benefit of those who actually did vote.

[Image: THREAT_AMERICA.jpg]

I know several people who have protested. They all had voted. I may go downtown and protest tomorrow if something's happening. I voted.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-11-2016, 12:56 AM
In Portland they were breaking windows. It's fucking sad.

And trump takes to Twitter that they're killing his presidential buzz.

#outoftouch

Ps the president elect shouldn't be whining on twitter. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-11-2016, 12:58 AM
I love how the side that accused Trump and his supporters of not being adults go on to throw a temper tantrum like four year olds.
11-11-2016, 01:01 AM
(11-11-2016 12:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ps the president elect shouldn't be whining on twitter. Facepalm

Why not?