Protests in Washington

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2017, 08:31 AM
RE: Protests in Washington
(21-01-2017 08:22 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 07:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  The marches are about to start. Tens of thousands in Washington, and other marchers are joining in across the US and the world.

Prediction: the marches will be hijacked by radicals in the BLM groups and infiltrated by violent right-wing rabble-rousers.

I see Trump's/Putin's hands all over this.

That is the danger. It failed yesterday thanks to the Washington Police who quickly arrested the violent splinter group allowing thousands to march in peace. Because of the inauguration at the same time, they got little coverage, really the only statement I heard about it was from the police chief.

Let's hope police everywhere will be as astute as the Washingtonians were.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2017, 08:33 AM
(21-01-2017 08:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 08:22 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Prediction: the marches will be hijacked by radicals in the BLM groups and infiltrated by violent right-wing rabble-rousers.

I see Trump's/Putin's hands all over this.

That is the danger. It failed yesterday thanks to the Washington Police who quickly arrested the violent splinter group allowing thousands to march in peace. Because of the inauguration at the same time, they got little coverage, really the only statement I heard about it was from the police chief.

Let's hope police everywhere will be as astute as the Washingtonians were.

The protestors are also aware of this possibility. I've seen a lot of Facebook posts about strategies to handle this kind of problem. I hope they're effective.
21-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Quote:Let's hope police everywhere will be as astute as the Washingtonians were.

It's too bad these outstanding police don't have a time machine. They could have easily squelched The Boston Tea Party.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
21-01-2017, 10:38 AM
So far, so good.

We have juge crowds, the jugest crowds. Complete diversity (unlike the inauguration) and much greater in numbers than inauguration attendees.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
21-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Quote:Wearing pink, pointy-eared "pussyhats" to mock the new president, hundreds of thousands of women massed in the nation's capital

Clap

21-01-2017, 01:50 PM
I am watching Madonna saying "to wake the fuck up".

These protests are all over the globe, it is so amazing.

21-01-2017, 01:52 PM
my sisters knitted dozens of those hats in preparation Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
21-01-2017, 02:04 PM
(21-01-2017 10:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  So far, so good.

We have juge crowds, the jugest crowds. Complete diversity (unlike the inauguration) and much greater in numbers than inauguration attendees.

So?

We have political power.

Go ahead and have your protests while I watch Fox News as republicans fix this country from the damage brought on by Barack Hussein Osama bin Biden.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
21-01-2017, 02:07 PM
(21-01-2017 02:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 10:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  So far, so good.

So?

We have political power.

Go ahead and have your protests while I watch Fox News as republicans fix this country from the damage brought on by Barack Hussein Osama bin Biden.
Why do you want fixing? Do you seek the saving grace of deities still like sonme folks?

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-01-2017, 03:05 PM
They were expecting 25,000 people in Washington and they got 125,000.