Protests in Washington

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: Protests in Washington
(21-01-2017 02:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 10:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  So far, so good.

We have juge crowds, the jugest crowds. Complete diversity (unlike the inauguration) and much greater in numbers than inauguration attendees.

So?

We have political power.

Go ahead and have your protests while I watch Fox News as republicans fix this country from the damage brought on by Barack Hussein Osama bin Biden.

Don't forget to blow Bill-O on your way out, edgelord.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
21-01-2017, 04:38 PM
(21-01-2017 02:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We have political power.

Go ahead and have your protests while I watch Fox News as republicans fix this country from the damage brought on by Barack Hussein Osama bin Biden.

I'm sorry to laugh, but do you seriously believe you ("we" the Republicans) have political power? Are you truly that naive?

I note that your new Congress is composed of 52 REP in the Senate v. 48 DEM, and 241 REP in the House of Reps v. 194 DEM. The REPs lost two seats in the Senate, and five seats in the House of Reps.

And as you undoubtedly know, Drumpf and his executive branch are separate from Congress and the legislative branch. It's the role of the former to enforce the laws created by the latter and it's only through building consensus in the House of Representatives and the Senate that the President can hope to see bills passed to enact his policy objectives—Congress can make or break any policy issue in Washington DC. Article 1 of the United States Constitution states, "All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives". Each house has different powers but legislation, or laws, cannot be passed without the consent of both houses.

So if you really think that the Republicans are all going to rubber stamp Drumpf's lunacy, you're in for a shock. But we'll see won't we?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
21-01-2017, 04:51 PM
(21-01-2017 02:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 10:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  So far, so good.

We have juge crowds, the jugest crowds. Complete diversity (unlike the inauguration) and much greater in numbers than inauguration attendees.

So?

We have political power.

You don't understand the purpose of protests, do you? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-01-2017, 05:05 PM
(21-01-2017 03:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  They were expecting 25,000 people in Washington and they got 125,000.

The crowd in Boston was yuuuuuge. Believe me. The yugest.

That's because we gots lots of nasty wimmin. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
21-01-2017, 08:21 PM
(21-01-2017 04:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 02:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We have political power.

I'm sorry to laugh, but do you seriously believe you ("we" the Republicans) have political power? Are you truly that naive?

I note that your new Congress is composed of 52 REP in the Senate v. 48 DEM, and 241 REP in the House of Reps v. 194 DEM. The REPs lost two seats in the Senate, and five seats in the House of Reps.

And as you undoubtedly know, Drumpf and his executive branch are separate from Congress and the legislative branch. It's the role of the former to enforce the laws created by the latter and it's only through building consensus in the House of Representatives and the Senate that the President can hope to see bills passed to enact his policy objectives—Congress can make or break any policy issue in Washington DC. Article 1 of the United States Constitution states, "All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives". Each house has different powers but legislation, or laws, cannot be passed without the consent of both houses.

So if you really think that the Republicans are all going to rubber stamp Drumpf's lunacy, you're in for a shock. But we'll see won't we?

(21-01-2017 04:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  And as you undoubtedly know

Well....see....that's where things go awry, SYZ. LDH doesn't know. He doesn't have a good grasp of how our system of government works. You are, correct me if I'm wrong, not from the US but are far more knowledgeable about our system of government than LDH. This civic ignorance isn't unusual but it is very unfortunate.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-01-2017, 01:11 PM
(21-01-2017 08:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well....see....that's where things go awry, SYZ. LDH doesn't know. He doesn't have a good grasp of how our system of government works. You are, correct me if I'm wrong, not from the US but are far more knowledgeable about our system of government than LDH. This civic ignorance isn't unusual but it is very unfortunate.

Spot on dancer... I'm an Aussie. Big Grin I guess I take an interest in US politics because of the flow-on effects it has on out dollar value, our trade balances, and our military stance within Asia.

At the moment our dollar is unlikely to get any higher than 80 cents US, whereas once upon a time it was par. American-made stuff is simply getting too expensive to buy here, even on eBay. Trade-wise, Drumpf could seriously fuck our political relationship with China, which is our major trading partner, buying LNG, coal, steel, sugar and rice (I kid you not!)

The other less than desirable issue is that Obama established an American base in Darwin (at the very top of Australia) housing 2,500 marines—and expected Australia to pay for half its costs. The US describes this setup as the US military's pivot to Asia. While this "pivot" is routinely discussed in terms of disaster relief, cooperation building, and the strengthening of historical alliances, it's in reality a program of military and economic intensification in the south Asian region. The US base is primarily intended to contain a rising China and ensure ongoing American military dominance in the region. And considering that Drumpf is an obvious war-monger, this alarms me somewhat. More so considering Drumpf has been cosying up to Taiwan for some apparently illogical reason—maybe to get the US in easy striking distance of Beijing? Shudder...

BTW, I didn't think LDH had much of an in-depth grasp of the intricacies of the US political system—despite his oft-repeated claim of his superior personal knowledge. The only thing he's spouted here is Drumpf won; Hillary lost... nya nya nya! Just like the radicalised high school student I think he really is LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post