Proud of your Police ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Proud of your Police ?
I'm shocked.
This is just one of literally hundreds (if not thousands) of similar videos of police using excessive force, or displaying extreme aggresive or arrogant behaviour :

When did it become necessary for six police officers to hogtie a pregnant woman at gunpoint for driving while talking on a cellphone ?

I'm pretty sure that if this kind of incident happened where I live it would be a national scandal, probably ending with the resignation of senior police officers and/or politicians.

The only "good" news is that the woman was awarded $250K compensation. However, no word on any punishment for the police officer...http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-chp-pregnant-woman-20130118,0,7103279.story

The police are supposed to "protect and serve", not to treat everyone as a hostile threat !

This incident involved the CHP, who's pledge of honor includes the following:
"...My personal conduct shall at all times be above reproach and I will never knowingly commit any act that will in any way bring discredit upon the California Highway Patrol or any member thereof..."

In my opinion they failed spectacularly here.

So, are you proud of your Police, or is there cause for concern ?
Taken to the extreme, is the US becoming a police state ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: Proud of your Police ?
I think my cops do good.

Of course there are some asses whom should be driven out of the force and nation, with a cat o' nine tales cracking at their rears, and that example is one of those times. But there are just as many who don't get on the news, or even local recognition, for doing good. We as a species have the horrible habit of inflating and remembering the bad, and often forgetting the good.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
19-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Not really adding much to the discussion, but I cannot be proud of anyone else but myself. Or ashamed. Others I may agree or disagree with, like or dislike, admire or resent, but not take pride/shame in what they do. Goes for politicians, sportsmen, anything. I'm only responsible for my own actions.

Other than this, what FT said. Of course there are bound to be quite a few violent, power-hungry pieces of **** - all professions likes this attract more than their own fair share of such people (the police, the military, prison guards). I'd like to hope that not everyone is like this (though sometimes they do make it harder to believe it).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-01-2013, 03:27 AM
I too am shocked.
With the technology we have today, there is no excuse for cam recording your computer monitor.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
19-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Maybe she did not speak English but that was highly suspicious behaviour.

At the very least she should have her licence revoked for driving like that.

Yes

19-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Its funny but I got stopped by a police officer today. Most of them are good people just doing there jobs but on occasion you do get cunts and its a shame because they let the side down. I dont know why the other cops didnt say to that one cop to chill the fuck out, they allready had her handcuffed, she wasnt resisting that much from what I could see.

I couldnt be a police officer in the UK because the lines between criminal and corporate matters are getting blurred (with regards to enforcing the bullshit TV licensing we have over here)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
19-01-2013, 08:01 AM
(19-01-2013 02:06 AM)Idlecuriosity Wrote:  I'm shocked.
This is just one of literally hundreds (if not thousands) of similar videos of police using excessive force, or displaying extreme aggresive or arrogant behaviour :

When did it become necessary for six police officers to hogtie a pregnant woman at gunpoint for driving while talking on a cellphone ?

I'm pretty sure that if this kind of incident happened where I live it would be a national scandal, probably ending with the resignation of senior police officers and/or politicians.

The only "good" news is that the woman was awarded $250K compensation. However, no word on any punishment for the police officer...http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-chp-pregnant-woman-20130118,0,7103279.story

The police are supposed to "protect and serve", not to treat everyone as a hostile threat !

This incident involved the CHP, who's pledge of honor includes the following:
"...My personal conduct shall at all times be above reproach and I will never knowingly commit any act that will in any way bring discredit upon the California Highway Patrol or any member thereof..."

In my opinion they failed spectacularly here.

So, are you proud of your Police, or is there cause for concern ?
Taken to the extreme, is the US becoming a police state ?

Who do these cops think they are?

LAPD???

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
19-01-2013, 08:45 AM
(19-01-2013 03:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I too am shocked.
With the technology we have today, there is no excuse for cam recording your computer monitor.
Hahaha, classic earmuffs. Laughat

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
19-01-2013, 06:57 PM
The cops here are crooked, using the 'good ole' boy system', encouraged by low wages and rampant drug use in my area. I haven't had any negative encounters with them, and I hope I never do, but I have an app on my phone just in case.

I have little faith in people, and even less so with those with a little authority, be it real or imagined.

19-01-2013, 07:19 PM
California, no surprises there. The bad apples really are everywhere but at the same time the good cops don't get in the news for being good cops, they are just good cops. My uncle and cousin both were. And I owe so much that is good in my life to the best detective I ever met in my life.
But as always it's the bad and the ugly that we hear about.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like smidgen's post