Proud of your Police ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Re: RE: Proud of your Police ?
(20-01-2013 06:45 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 05:58 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Wow you really don't have a clue do you? The part bolded above is routine, that dosent mean it's easy. Cops arnt gonna tell you about the felony they found on a traffic stop who was calm as anything until they see cuffs, go from 0-200mph and you have to make sure not to use 1 pound more force then is needed while dodging elbows, bc if the guy's lawyer wants to skylight you, the news channel will play the 5 seconds of you pushing his shit in after 5 mins of running around,wrestling, getting punched in the face etc to try and getting this douche to the magistrate and go to the next call. Sound fun?

Oh lemme guess, they signed up for it.
The routine stuff is easy stuff though. Doing paperwork, giving out traffic tickets, going to court...that's normal, routine, and easy. Occassionaly they have to chase a madman or fight a drunkard or something, but overall it's an easy job. There are certain risks involved which makes it more dangerous, but I'd still call it a relatively easy job. I've done a bit of the equivalent to police in the military...various sentry duties, gate-guard, etc and I found it to be very easy. The hardest part about the job was making sure your log books stayed correct. The training for sentry duty was a little rough, but that was about it. Firefighting on the other hand I've had extensive experience in...that is a tough job. A lot of heat, a lot of weight, a lot of work, and confusion.

Typical. You stood post so you all about cop work. I really love when grunts talk shit on swat teams for a media fuck up, thats the cake!

So going to court is easy? Being about to communicate why you did------------- all while having and greasy defense lawyer dissect every word you say. You have POS's charges dropped bc of bullshit legal technicalities all the time, and everything is always your fault. You lose when your winning.

You must be from the sticks. The city guys here don't even run static traffic stops because they don't have time. Small town and rural county guys don't have as much on their plate, but they also get paid like 30 a year around here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Proud of your Police ?
(20-01-2013 08:41 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 06:45 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The routine stuff is easy stuff though. Doing paperwork, giving out traffic tickets, going to court...that's normal, routine, and easy. Occassionaly they have to chase a madman or fight a drunkard or something, but overall it's an easy job. There are certain risks involved which makes it more dangerous, but I'd still call it a relatively easy job. I've done a bit of the equivalent to police in the military...various sentry duties, gate-guard, etc and I found it to be very easy. The hardest part about the job was making sure your log books stayed correct. The training for sentry duty was a little rough, but that was about it. Firefighting on the other hand I've had extensive experience in...that is a tough job. A lot of heat, a lot of weight, a lot of work, and confusion.

Typical. You stood post so you all about cop work. I really love when grunts talk shit on swat teams for a media fuck up, thats the cake!

So going to court is easy? Being about to communicate why you did------------- all while having and greasy defense lawyer dissect every word you say. You have POS's charges dropped bc of bullshit legal technicalities all the time, and everything is always your fault. You lose when your winning.

You must be from the sticks. The city guys here don't even run static traffic stops because they don't have time. Small town and rural county guys don't have as much on their plate, but they also get paid like 30 a year around here.
You know where you're wrong? 1.) You put words in my mouth. I went out of my way to show that I only had limited experience in what you call "cop work", and I would certainly never claim to know everything about it, or pretend I did. 2.) You equate risk with difficulty. They aren't the same thing, not even close.

In response to your last paragraph, yes I've made it abundantly clear that I live in a rural area and in this very thread I mentioned that low wages were part of the reason for the police corruption. Also, while I have lived 21 years in a rural area, I've also lived in medium to large cities for 5 years so I'm not ignorant to the difference between the environments in which the police operate.

22-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Re: Proud of your Police ?
I dont have to put words in your mouth when you imply certain things.

Yes, risky work is difficult in law enforcement. People always are quick to hold up firefighters and EMTs as "the real heros" because thats all too easy, they dont arrest and handout tickets. The fact that a great number of people leave the trade for they're 30 years says a lot about how "easy" it is.
22-01-2013, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 07:22 PM by Dark Light.)
RE: Proud of your Police ?
(22-01-2013 07:11 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  I dont have to put words in your mouth when you imply certain things. Your just seeing what you want to see in my previous posts, no matter how carefully I word it to not give false impressions.
Then why did you? Because I didn't. You are seeing what you want to see in my previous posts.

Quote:Yes, risky work is difficult in law enforcement. People always are
quick to hold up firefighters and EMTs as "the real heros" because thats
all too easy, they dont arrest and handout tickets. The fact that a
great number of people leave the trade for they're 30 years says a lot
about how "easy" it is.
If risk=difficulty then crack dealer beats cop by a country mile.