Proverbs 31 Woman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Proverbs 31 Woman
(29-09-2015 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... You're not quite right in the head ...

Now, now Girly, you know the rules, you can't just say something everybody already knows, particularly uncontested truths.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post
29-09-2015, 10:19 PM
I guess she was or is going to be on a show about submissive wives on TLC.
30-09-2015, 12:14 AM
(29-09-2015 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
not quote right

(29-09-2015 09:21 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... not quite right ...

Ironic editing, or what?

Bravo.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
30-09-2015, 12:28 AM
(29-09-2015 10:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I guess she was or is going to be on a show about submissive wives on TLC.

JB Wink I know loadsa they submissive Christian women wanna be a 'Proverbs 31 woman'. I'm betting you also absorbed summa dat woo?

I just looked up the passage... For some reason it's in Kilogram-Joule-Volts...
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=KJV

I know all the Christian girlies went moggy for it when I were dabbling in that woo, haven't the foggiest clue *why* they went so nuts for it. Even then I knew I wasn't looking for a wife though, so I stayed away from the ones with the fires of marriage in their eyes...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-09-2015, 07:39 AM
(30-09-2015 12:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 10:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I guess she was or is going to be on a show about submissive wives on TLC.

JB Wink I know loadsa they submissive Christian women wanna be a 'Proverbs 31 woman'. I'm betting you also absorbed summa dat woo?

I just looked up the passage... For some reason it's in Kilogram-Joule-Volts...
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=KJV

I know all the Christian girlies went moggy for it when I were dabbling in that woo, haven't the foggiest clue *why* they went so nuts for it. Even then I knew I wasn't looking for a wife though, so I stayed away from the ones with the fires of marriage in their eyes...

My church advocated the Proverbs 31 woman thing. I am so glad to be free from the crazy. It really is an oppressive passage toward women--but the church tries to spin it in the direction that it's actually a strong passage for women. If you notice she's doing the same thing by saying virtuous was a word used in military battles, therefore Proverbs is about being a *strong* woman since the term virtuous is used there too. The reality is that while Proverbs 31 has some "nice" parts of being a good wife, the undertone is that a "good" wife should be submissive toward her husband.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
30-09-2015, 07:46 AM
Big Grin Laugh out load Thanks for sharing that was the funniest thing I have seen.
[+] 1 user Likes Songbird's post
30-09-2015, 07:55 AM
I have no idea if the Proverbs 31 woman scares me due to her being perfect but that woman scared me due to her shouting. Why of why does she talk so loud?? Anyway I only got about 40 seconds in before I could watch no longer.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
30-09-2015, 08:03 AM
I'm not watching that. Merely gazing upon her face makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a pitchfork.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
30-09-2015, 08:08 AM
(30-09-2015 08:03 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I'm not watching that. Merely gazing upon her face makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a pitchfork.

Well you came to the right place here sir, we got loadsa pitchforks handy, this bein' the ante-room for hell, after all...

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-09-2015, 08:12 AM
(30-09-2015 07:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The reality is that while Proverbs 31 has some "nice" parts of being a good wife, the undertone is that a "good" wife should be submissive toward her husband.

Meantime her husband can go sit with the "elders" and dress in "fine linen". The bum.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post