Proving God existence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 06:17 AM
RE: Proving God existence
(02-09-2014 08:49 AM)Muslim Wrote:  I'll give you a small challenge, give any other theory or proof that you think it is stronger than this proof?

Your "proof" starts with asserting that a subset of the Integer set is a set of infinite numbers, then goes downhill from there. If we are to accept your proof we find that it contradicts the notion of an infinite being and therefore disproves your god. Your proof is self-contradictory. Every theory and every proof is stronger than your "proof". Are you really so invested as to not be able to see the flaws in your argument?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
07-09-2014, 08:50 AM
(07-09-2014 06:17 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:49 AM)Muslim Wrote:  I'll give you a small challenge, give any other theory or proof that you think it is stronger than this proof?

Your "proof" starts with asserting that a subset of the Integer set is a set of infinite numbers, then goes downhill from there. If we are to accept your proof we find that it contradicts the notion of an infinite being and therefore disproves your god. Your proof is self-contradictory. Every theory and every proof is stronger than your "proof". Are you really so invested as to not be able to see the flaws in your argument?

But but but, he had it "checked" (by his own .. unnamed) "experts", and they found no flaws, so, um, just bend over. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-09-2014, 10:20 AM
(02-09-2014 08:49 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Actually I believe that Einstein made a big mistake in assuming that the 4th dimension is time, It is not!
Assuming that, opened the door for wrong ideas like time travel and that crap
The 4th dimension is something related to distance not time (in full)
Here's the problem.

If the idea of the 4th dimension being time is wrong, then all the predictions and models and real world applications that we use and develop based off of that must also be wrong.
But they are not wrong. They are spot on.
GPS satellites are one of the greatest examples of our understanding of time and how it functions, despite us not really understanding time to any great extent.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
07-09-2014, 10:21 AM
(01-09-2014 02:50 PM)Muslim Wrote:  Logic rules are how our brains understand things, there is no other way for us to understand anything without logic

Poetry, art, music, sex, irrational idiots, etc. come to mind as being resistant to logical analysis.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-09-2014, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 01:48 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-09-2014 02:50 PM)Muslim Wrote:  Logic rules are how our brains understand things, there is no other way for us to understand anything without logic

Actually that has been demonstrated to be completely false. Completely.
Utter bullshit. Logic is "necessary, but not sufficient". It cannot stand on it's own.

1. Relativity : is it "logical" that there is no absolute reference for space-time, and that time is relative to speed ?
No.
If anyone used only logic, Relativity would have been rejected.

2. Uncertainty : is it "logical" that in the double-slit electron experiment, the same electron is seen going in both apertures ?
No.

Is "Logic" how these two important fundamental truths about this universe were discovered ? No.

Realty at it's most fundamental level has been demonstrated to be "non-intuitive" and is actually what appears to be illogical to human brains, which evolved on the savannahs of Africa to deal with what is observed at only a certain level of observation. Logic is of no help, without evidence. Logic by itself, is evidence of nothing. Many systems have been proven to be logically consistent, yet do not obtain, in reality. Your entire argument is based on what has been demonstrated to be false premises.

Sucks to be you.

Tongue

So much for your proof of your moon-god.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-09-2014, 11:21 AM

Cantor's diagonal proof of the uncountability of real numbers.

Go ahead, read up on it. If you understand it how it works, you'll understand why your proof doesn't.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
07-09-2014, 11:40 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how someone with such a lack of understanding about the world is so completely convinced that they have it right. Even when shown that what they have asserted is wrong, they still cling to their own thoughts as if they CAN'T be wrong.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-09-2014, 11:42 AM
(07-09-2014 11:40 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  It never ceases to amaze me how someone with such a lack of understanding about the world is so completely convinced that they have it right. Even when shown that what they have asserted is wrong, they still cling to their own thoughts as if they CAN'T be wrong.

Your'e so wrong.
Oh wait, I see what you mean.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
10-09-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm thinking I wanna become a Muslim. I really dig these pointy shoes.
If I can't be an ayatollah, at least I can wear pointy shoes. Thumbsup

[Image: 11052M-Deluxe-Arabian-Sultan-Costume-main.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2014, 05:18 PM
(10-09-2014 05:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm thinking I wanna become a Muslim. I really dig these pointy shoes.
If I can't be an ayatollah, at least I can wear pointy shoes. Thumbsup

[Image: 11052M-Deluxe-Arabian-Sultan-Costume-main.jpg]

Where the hell did them pointy shoes come from anyway? I'm thinking "Why just kick 'em in the balls when I can castrate them with the same move."

#sigh