Proving God existence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 03:07 AM
RE: Proving God existence
(22-09-2014 01:16 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You have no idea what punishment will you face

Christian God is gonna can your Muslim ass. No virgins for you sonny Jim. Just a lot of screaming torment wishing you'd listened to those Christian fellas. We're all demons here so we don't really give a stuff, just sitting around waylaying innocent strangers and convincing them God doesn't exist for shits and giggles so's we'll have more people to torture at the final judgment.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-09-2014, 03:07 AM
(22-09-2014 01:16 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 05:19 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Well, I'm convinced, let me get my makeup so I can smear lipstick on your Mohammad wand!
It is your life that you are going to waist Facepalm

You have no idea what punishment will you face

You may have some ideas about that, but you have no knowledge.

Unless, of course, you have some actual evidence of it that you can show us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2014, 04:43 AM
(22-09-2014 01:14 AM)Muslim Wrote:  But to be static then Dynamic (started to change) without an external cause is impossible

Therefore it has never happened.

More importantly though your whole argument is pish because you are equivocating with the word 'static'.

Nothing in the universe is truly static otherwise it would have a temperature of zero kelvin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_law_o...modynamics

Quote:It is impossible for any process, no matter how idealized, to reduce the entropy of a system to its absolute-zero value in a finite number of operations.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
22-09-2014, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2014 08:22 AM by Reltzik.)
(21-09-2014 05:36 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:06 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  It looks like you're using the extended integers -- that is, positive and negative infinity as well as all the integers. That's fine, though I have to wonder why you wouldn't use the reals or rationals, since "half a second" should probably be an option.
It doesn't matter, the unit of time used is just an Axiom; I can use anything

Quote:For something to have infinite value, we merely need to show that there is no upper limit (bound) to its value. That is to say, for every number that might be proposed as a bound, we have to show that it is not in fact an upper bound and that the value is higher than that. So for example, let's say we're arguing about whether the integers are infinite. I'm arguing that they are, and you're arguing that they're not. This argument is won when either you demonstrate an upper bound, or I demonstrate that no such upper bound can exist. Here's what that conversation might look like.
This is a total crap; and circular logic, you proved that infinite numbers exist by assuming that infinite numbers exist!
I'm not arguing that integers are infinite or finite, I'm proving that the Universe states are finite

Can you answer simple (yes/no) is there is a state in past time U(n) where n is finite and N+1 is infinite
(Multiply by -1 if you wish)

Quote:At THAT point, I've proven that the integers are infinite, because I've proven that an upper bound on their number cannot exist.
Wrong
Integers are just a concept, not real they don't exist
The moment that you try (or even think) to make a real mapping of integers, they become finite

How many numbers exist on the Number line?
None!
Till you start writing them

.... so, wait, your response to how your math is flawed is that the integers don't exist?

Among other things, I fail to see how this salvages a "proof" dependent on integers. Doesn't it undermine it instead?

Simple answer to your question: No.

More detailed answer: Using integers (or natural numbers, or or reals, or any subset of the reals closed under incrementation), if n is finite, then n+1 is finite. This follows naturally from the definition of finite and infinite (provided earlier). Is there an upper bound for n+1? Yes. n+2.

Does this in any way change my original objection? No.

Quote:2. S1 has infinite no. of elements
False, as it contradicts with the definition of Set 1; it has only Statuses separated by a finite number of seconds so it must have a finite No. of elements.

Your proof hinges on asserting a contradiction between having infinitely many members in S1, and there being finite distance between any two members of the set. What I said is that a set (including S1) can have infinitely many elements, and yet each one of these elements is finite (thus allowing finite temporal distances between any two given states). I brought up the integers as an example of such a set, and demonstrated this property of the set of integers being infinitely large when each member of the set was still finite. Given that you were depicting S1 as a subset of the integers (or, rather, a subset of a set indexed by the integers, which works out to the same thing in this case), this proves that your assertion of an automatic contradiction between these two properties is false, as they coexist fairly easily within the integers.

EDIT: And no, at no point did I assume that infinite numbers existed. What I did was define what it would mean for something to be infinite (or, rather, use the standard mathematical definition, which has been around since before I was born). This definition can be used to identify something (how many integers exist) as infinite following naturally from the properties of the integers (usually regarded as axioms): That they are closed under incrementation (and decrementation), and that they never "loop" around, and that there is at least one integer. And no, infinity and negative infinity aren't actually integers.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
22-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Gasp
(22-09-2014 01:16 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 05:19 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Well, I'm convinced, let me get my makeup so I can smear lipstick on your Mohammad wand!
It is your life that you are going to waist Facepalm

You have no idea what punishment will you face

But, I just wanna show you my gratitude Gasp

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
22-09-2014, 04:38 PM
(22-09-2014 01:16 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You have no idea what punishment will you face

Neither do you, Muslim. You are obviously deeply indoctrinated in one particular religion, which is why you have such difficulties seeing the innumerable problems with it. You keep on saying that you know, when in reality you only believe.

For all you really know, the "angel" that supposedly visited Mohammed was actually Shaitan pretending to be a messenger from Allah, and you and every other Muslim on the planet have been chanting from a book of 100% "Satanic verses" since that unlucky day when you first went to the madrassah or mosque.

For all you really know, the real gods -- plural! -- include Me, auntie Tiamat, My dad Oðinn (the Allfather), and My good friend and beautification accountability partner Lakshmi. None of us are impressed with your threats, although none of us would be so base as to harm a hair on your head just because you were unfortunate enough to practice a different religion.

Think about it. The world doesn't revolve around you and your beliefs, and that's a good thing.
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
23-09-2014, 11:17 PM

[Image: asw-wealldie.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Quote:"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO, what a ride!"

- A Maxine cartoon, paraphrasing Hunter S. Thompson

Sorry, Muslim, but I really don't think we'd be very happy in your religion's version of paradise. As I understand it, Islam opposes music, alcohol and dogs. I'd hate to get stuck in a place where I couldn't wander off to jam with other musicians, couldn't drink single-malt Scotch, didn't hear a reassuring late-evening "Wuff!" from the neighbour's German Shepherd, and generally couldn't be Me.

Now, Valhalla on the other hand ... Thumbsup
24-09-2014, 09:39 AM
(22-09-2014 01:14 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You still don't understand!

I assumed that a dynamic object can be continuously changing (without a doer)

But to be static then Dynamic (started to change) without an external cause is impossible
You still don't understand.

Radioactive decay.

Do you get that atoms of an 'unstable' element will begin to decay spontaneously?
No external cause is needed.
Some atoms will decay now, Some atoms will decay later. Some atoms won't decay at all.
If you insist an external cause is 'needed', what exactly is that external cause that starts radioactive decay?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
25-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Proving God existence
Forgive me I'm responding to the OP and haven't read the 8 pages.

Something can actually come from nothing according to Lawrence Krauss. I can hunt down the video for you if your interested in learning about it. If I remember correctly, it has to do quantum mechanics. He explains it very well too. Just let me know.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein