Proving God existence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2014, 10:12 AM
RE: Proving God existence
(28-09-2014 06:42 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 08:09 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  What I did was define what it would mean for something to be infinite (or, rather, use the standard mathematical definition,
This is exactly my point!

You think that what you studied in math is real
but infinity is just an approximation to something that has no bound

Actually I don't need to prove that, the burden of proof is on you to prove that something "real" can have an infinite number

Given that your "proof" relied on there not being infinitely many finite integers numbers, the burden to show that there aren't infinitely many finite integers is yours, since you're the one making a positive (and quite grandiose) claim on that basis. ESPECIALLY since this is in direct contradiction of the very body of mathematics you were misusing as a basis for your "proof" in the first place.

But that's not what you're really saying.

What you're really saying is this.

"Before you can apply this notion of mathematical infinity to this discussion, you must demonstrate that infinity actually exists in some real, applied sense."

Which is odd, because you were applying very un-mathematical notions of infinity, without ever meeting this demand. You in no way demonstrated the idea of "infinity + 1" being a real concept distinct from infinity, yet you used it quite casually in your "proof".

But I'll make you a deal. Stop doing math wrong, and I'll stop calling you out on it. (I might call you out on other things, but not the math.) If you don't know how to do math right, stop doing it at all. Actually, I'll make you a better deal. You're free to do math wrong, and I'll even give helpful pointers and tutoring if you want, or leave you to it if you don't... SO LONG AS YOU DON'T USE IT AS A BASIS FOR SHOVING AN UNSUPPORTED BELIEF DOWN OUR THROATS. Then, I'll take issue. If you don't think that math is real (which is an interesting... and in this case irrelevant... philosophical conversation), then don't talk about it, and don't use it to try to prove something you wish to convince us is real. In return, I won't call you out on the hypocrisy of you doing that, because you won't be doing it any more.

(And for the record, the mathematical concept of infinity is in no way an approximation. By definition. This is not an approximation, as we can never get near to, in "proximity" of, infinity, by the definition of infinity. It would be better to call it a categorization. If you want to talk about approximation, it would be better to talk about the infinitesimal instead.)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
28-09-2014, 10:49 AM
(28-09-2014 06:42 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You think that what you studied in math is real

You are a hypocrite.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid629961

(20-08-2014 01:56 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 08:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ... These symbols only represent states of the real world.

If you wiped out the human race then logic and maths would no longer exist.
Sorry, I don't agree with you

You start off by disagreeing with the statement that if "you wiped out the human race then logic and maths would no longer exist.".

Now you're arguing that Maths does not exist because someone else's correct usage of one aspect of Maths (infinity) differs from your incorrect usage.

This demonstrates that you are intellectually dishonest and are trying to arrive at an a-priori conclusion without being consistent and aren't applying critical thinking skills.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
28-09-2014, 10:06 PM
(28-09-2014 06:46 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You are a slave not a free person, and that is how God created us

(Springy G grabs Muslim's god by the testicles and takes him for a drag over to Niflheim)

I'll e-mail My cousin Hel and tell Her it's okay to let him go as soon as he apologizes and frees all slaves -- And not a nanosecond before. Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
12-10-2014, 12:45 AM
(28-09-2014 10:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 06:42 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You think that what you studied in math is real

You are a hypocrite.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid629961

(20-08-2014 01:56 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Sorry, I don't agree with you

You start off by disagreeing with the statement that if "you wiped out the human race then logic and maths would no longer exist.".

Now you're arguing that Maths does not exist because someone else's correct usage of one aspect of Maths (infinity) differs from your incorrect usage.

This demonstrates that you are intellectually dishonest and are trying to arrive at an a-priori conclusion without being consistent and aren't applying critical thinking skills.
Now the ball in your court
I don't need even to disprove that, you have the burden to prove that infinity can exist in the real word!
12-10-2014, 01:32 AM
I just met God. I bit off his testicles too before using his writing body as a foot rest as I sat on his throne. Jackson made sure he was dead.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
12-10-2014, 01:34 AM
(12-10-2014 12:45 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Now the ball in your court
I don't need even to disprove that, you have the burden to prove that infinity can exist in the real word!

Well, the retarded troll isn't dead yet.

"but infinity is just an approximation to something that has no bound"

"I don't need even to disprove that, you have the burden to prove that infinity can exist in the real word!"

How is someone supposed to 'prove' than an approximation actually 'exists' as anything other than an approximation or a concept? You are dumber than the ground you walk on, I swear...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-10-2014, 01:35 AM
(12-10-2014 01:32 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I just met God. I bit off his testicles too before using his writing body as a foot rest as I sat on his throne. Jackson made sure he was dead.

Which one? Pollock or Michael? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-10-2014, 04:03 AM
(12-10-2014 12:45 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 10:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You start off by disagreeing with the statement that if "you wiped out the human race then logic and maths would no longer exist.".

Now the ball in your court

That response doesn't even follow my accusation.

You're just struggling to evade my accusation that you are a hypocrite, being intellectually dishonest and are trying to arrive at an a-priori conclusion without being consistent.

The burden of proof is still on you because you're the one making the statement, but before you do that you need to make your argument consistent.

So let's start shall we? If we wiped out the human race, would Maths (and consequently whatever infinity is, the correct concept being part of Maths) still exist?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-10-2014, 06:50 AM
Quote:I don't need even to disprove that, you have the burden to prove that infinity can exist in the real word!

I consider myself to be fairly well educated in math. I'd be happy to answer if I only knew what the fuck he was trying to say. This looks like nonsense.
12-10-2014, 07:10 AM
(12-10-2014 06:50 AM)natachan Wrote:  
Quote:I don't need even to disprove that, you have the burden to prove that infinity can exist in the real word!

I consider myself to be fairly well educated in math. I'd be happy to answer if I only knew what the fuck he was trying to say. This looks like nonsense.

It only looks like nonsense because it is nonsense. No other reason.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post