Prynhawn da!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 06:39 AM
Prynhawn da!
Good Afternoon All,

I have been lurking in the forums for a few days and thought I would peek out and say hello.

I hail from sunny Wales, UK and raised a Pentecostal Christian but due to experience and education now Atheist. I would like to share an experience of the 'power of prayer' that I look back on and IF God is real, it makes him one sick SoB!

as a small child I had to wear custom boots that were meant to straighten my hip and strengthen my ankles. At around 7/8 the school doctor advised my parents I had a spinal problem and would have crippling trouble as an adult. My parents who at this time were Born Again Christians, held prayer groups with and about me and 'Praise the almighty', the nurse advised several weeks later there was no longer a problem.

Roll on 30 years and after nearly 2 decades of back pain and issues, I have been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondulitis of the hip and have some of the 'spongy' material missing between 2 of my lower discs. Therefore I can only draw 2 conclusions;

1. There is no god and prayer is bollocks
2. He healed me at age 7 but as an adult atheist he gave it all back 10 fold making him one sadisitic MF.

To end confusion, I believe conclusion 1.

Anyway, look forward to many enjoyable conversations with you all.

Regards
Steve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
24-11-2015, 06:47 AM
RE: Prynhawn da!
(24-11-2015 06:39 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  Good Afternoon All,

I have been lurking in the forums for a few days and thought I would peek out and say hello.

I hail from sunny Wales, UK and raised a Pentecostal Christian but due to experience and education now Atheist. I would like to share an experience of the 'power of prayer' that I look back on and IF God is real, it makes him one sick SoB!

as a small child I had to wear custom boots that were meant to straighten my hip and strengthen my ankles. At around 7/8 the school doctor advised my parents I had a spinal problem and would have crippling trouble as an adult. My parents who at this time were Born Again Christians, held prayer groups with and about me and 'Praise the almighty', the nurse advised several weeks later there was no longer a problem.

Roll on 30 years and after nearly 2 decades of back pain and issues, I have been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondulitis of the hip and have some of the 'spongy' material missing between 2 of my lower discs. Therefore I can only draw 2 conclusions;

1. There is no god and prayer is bollocks
2. He healed me at age 7 but as an adult atheist he gave it all back 10 fold making him one sadisitic MF.

To end confusion, I believe conclusion 1.

Anyway, look forward to many enjoyable conversations with you all.

Regards
Steve

Welcome to TTA Steve

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
24-11-2015, 07:14 AM
Bore da, welcome to TTA. You will find like-minded people here.

And a few nut cases.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-11-2015, 07:26 AM
Sup, Cheesemaker?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Welcome...

Reference to Life of Brian noted and appreciated..

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
24-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Welcome cheesemaker! I am a professional cutter of the cheese. I will alert you when I am next in Wales.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
24-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Welcome. If you ever come visit you would fit right in in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

[Image: ptht6.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Thank you all for the welcome Smile
Feeling the love
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
25-11-2015, 08:44 AM
Welcome Steve the cheesemaker from Wales. I actually haven't ever tried any Welsh cheese, but that is more for the food thread.