Prynhawn da!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: Prynhawn da!
Welcome!

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
25-11-2015, 02:23 PM
(25-11-2015 08:44 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  Welcome Steve the cheesemaker from Wales. I actually haven't ever tried any Welsh cheese, but that is more for the food thread.

I feel I need to clarify, I am neither blessed or involved in the dairy business. I chose the moniker based on a funny scene from Monty Python Life of Brian :-)
25-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Welcome

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
25-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
25-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Welcome, and greetings from the Emerald Isle.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
29-11-2015, 04:28 AM
(24-11-2015 06:39 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  Good Afternoon All,

I have been lurking in the forums for a few days and thought I would peek out and say hello.

I hail from sunny Wales, UK and raised a Pentecostal Christian but due to experience and education now Atheist. I would like to share an experience of the 'power of prayer' that I look back on and IF God is real, it makes him one sick SoB!

as a small child I had to wear custom boots that were meant to straighten my hip and strengthen my ankles. At around 7/8 the school doctor advised my parents I had a spinal problem and would have crippling trouble as an adult. My parents who at this time were Born Again Christians, held prayer groups with and about me and 'Praise the almighty', the nurse advised several weeks later there was no longer a problem.

Roll on 30 years and after nearly 2 decades of back pain and issues, I have been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondulitis of the hip and have some of the 'spongy' material missing between 2 of my lower discs. Therefore I can only draw 2 conclusions;

1. There is no god and prayer is bollocks
2. He healed me at age 7 but as an adult atheist he gave it all back 10 fold making him one sadisitic MF.

To end confusion, I believe conclusion 1.

Anyway, look forward to many enjoyable conversations with you all.

Regards
Steve

Welcome new friend! I welcome thee to thy forum!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
29-11-2015, 08:02 AM
(25-11-2015 02:23 PM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 08:44 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  Welcome Steve the cheesemaker from Wales. I actually haven't ever tried any Welsh cheese, but that is more for the food thread.

I feel I need to clarify, I am neither blessed or involved in the dairy business. I chose the moniker based on a funny scene from Monty Python Life of Brian :-)

Welcome.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
29-11-2015, 08:45 AM
(29-11-2015 08:02 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 02:23 PM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  I feel I need to clarify, I am neither blessed or involved in the dairy business. I chose the moniker based on a funny scene from Monty Python Life of Brian :-)

Welcome.

I do love the Pythons. He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy.
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
29-11-2015, 11:09 AM
I've seen you around Cheesemaker, but only just now found this thread.

I admire the Welsh. A great deal of Sherlock appears to be either written in, or written on a train to, or from Cardiff. Very little to do with cheese.

I love cheese. Blink

Welcome! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-11-2015, 12:20 PM
(29-11-2015 11:09 AM)kim Wrote:  I've seen you around Cheesemaker, but only just now found this thread.

I admire the Welsh. A great deal of Sherlock appears to be either written in, or written on a train to, or from Cardiff. Very little to do with cheese.

I love cheese. Blink

Welcome! Smile

Well in a place where it rains as much as it does here and living in the mountains, we have to have a good pastime Smile

Also the birthplace of Merlyn (yes, I know he isn't real either). Cheese is mana from heaven...dammit Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post