Pseudo-Journalism & Political Lies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 06:05 AM
RE: Pseudo-Journalism & Political Lies
(08-09-2012 08:10 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  PS: I can't find the study. I read it months ago on Richard Dawkins website.
No source, no credibility. Sorry pal. Undecided

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
09-09-2012, 09:48 AM
(09-09-2012 06:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 08:10 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  PS: I can't find the study. I read it months ago on Richard Dawkins website.
No source, no credibility. Sorry pal. Undecided

Its common sense really.
There are tons of commonly held misconceptions held by the general public.

Just because I won't google up a shitload of sources, doesn't mean there is no credibility. I rarely see anyone else give sources for what they post.

So take you elitist intellectual high horse moral BS and stick it up your ass, or do the research yourself if you are so interested. But, I don't think you are, because you know what you would find.
09-09-2012, 02:19 PM
(09-09-2012 09:48 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Its common sense really.
There are tons of commonly held misconceptions held by the general public.

Just because I won't google up a shitload of sources, doesn't mean there is no credibility. I rarely see anyone else give sources for what they post.

So take you elitist intellectual high horse moral BS and stick it up your ass, or do the research yourself if you are so interested. But, I don't think you are, because you know what you would find.
First of all, in this post you made several claims without providing any evidence. Since you have made the claims, the burden of proof is on you. I don't have to research anything, you have to. Second of all, you don't have to google up a 'shitload of sources', one is sufficient if it's a credible one. The reason why you don't see many people backing up their posts with sources is because they usually don't use studies to validate their argument. If they do, they have to provide a source for that study just like you do. Third of all, what makes you think that asking someone to validate his claims is equal to "elitist intellectual high horse moral BS"? Are you unable to articulate yourself without using ad hominems?

Last but not least, feel free to respond to me once you have learnt how to have a civilized and mature conversation. Until then, I'm going to ignore you.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-09-2012, 02:48 PM
I was not using a study to back up my claim. Its common sense, and its not even the issue. L2Read

Ohh no the crybaby has ignored me...ohh what shall I do?
09-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes, let's terminate the amendment that enables you to say this retarded stuff. If your goal is to find a fair and balanced news station, you'll have to eliminate humans from the equation.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
09-09-2012, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 06:50 PM by Diablo666.)
(09-09-2012 05:03 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Yes, let's terminate the amendment that enables you to say this retarded stuff. If your goal is to find a fair and balanced news station, you'll have to eliminate humans from the equation.

Thats like saying that human engineering is faulty, and therefore all man made artifacts are faulty, thus we should abandon all technology. Its truly pathetic and absurd.
Things don't need to be perfect in order to work!
10-09-2012, 06:35 AM
I got a bit curious since I agree that it does sound like common sense, but I know that just because something sounds true it doesn't have to be Tongue

I found this page
http://www.brainathlete.com/rumors-hear-repeated/
which references wikipedia which references an old study from -77 that doesn't seem to be available online... but after learning it's called Illusion-of-truth it's quite easy to find lots of studies and research...
10-09-2012, 06:57 AM
(09-09-2012 06:36 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 05:03 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Yes, let's terminate the amendment that enables you to say this retarded stuff. If your goal is to find a fair and balanced news station, you'll have to eliminate humans from the equation.

Thats like saying that human engineering is faulty, and therefore all man made artifacts are faulty, thus we should abandon all technology. Its truly pathetic and absurd.

You must be the God of Strawman on this thread. Yes, it is faulty, and all man-made artifacts are faulty. Did I say we must abandon all journalism? Where did I say that? Please, point it out somewhere. You are dealing with absolution. Your extremity in fixing biased journalism is equivalent to banning all emotion to stop conflict. It makes no sense.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
11-09-2012, 10:24 PM
(10-09-2012 06:57 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 06:36 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Thats like saying that human engineering is faulty, and therefore all man made artifacts are faulty, thus we should abandon all technology. Its truly pathetic and absurd.

You must be the God of Strawman on this thread. Yes, it is faulty, and all man-made artifacts are faulty. Did I say we must abandon all journalism? Where did I say that? Please, point it out somewhere. You are dealing with absolution. Your extremity in fixing biased journalism is equivalent to banning all emotion to stop conflict. It makes no sense.
Fine, switch out tech for regulators then. Whatever.

This is just another form of govt regulation.
15-09-2012, 05:52 PM
(04-09-2012 12:51 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Who said anything about regulating information? This is not a slippery slope. What I am suggesting is no different than a govt employee walking up and checking out an oil well, or the foundation of your house.

Yes, but my entire point was asking; How do you regulate what that person is doing? What makes you think this government appointed person fact-checking is a unbiased party? What segment of the government is controlling this department? How is this segment's members going to be unswayed by money the same way other similar types of organizations have been in dealing with politics.

If it's able to be regulated, the party in control may have a strong inclination to make sure those "fact checkers" are making decisions that lean in their favor.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"