Pseudo-Journalism & Political Lies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Pseudo-Journalism & Political Lies
Quote:As I said before, perfection doesn't exist!

I beg to differ. *looks in mirror*

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
21-09-2012, 10:45 AM
(21-09-2012 09:34 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 09:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Tell me how to suppress bias while including human life.

You can't completely rid bias from a person. That is obviously impossible, but that doesn't mean a level close to non-bias cannot be achieved.

As I said before, perfection doesn't exist! Thus to stipulate the need for it to exist as a prerequisite for some action is just a means to prevent that action from ever taking place. Therefore, you aren't even making a real argument!

For instance, i vaguely recall the republicans saying something about how they would vote for something or another the president was trying to do if he could end illegal immigration. Which is obviously never going to happen, thus they were essentially saying they wouldn't vote for his policy.

The only way to even get close to unbiased material is a scientific approach. Repealing free speech laws is not the answer. Your side is a non issue. You are proposing the withdrawal of free speech; therefore rendering your argument useless.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
21-09-2012, 11:02 AM
(21-09-2012 10:45 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 09:34 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  You can't completely rid bias from a person. That is obviously impossible, but that doesn't mean a level close to non-bias cannot be achieved.

As I said before, perfection doesn't exist! Thus to stipulate the need for it to exist as a prerequisite for some action is just a means to prevent that action from ever taking place. Therefore, you aren't even making a real argument!

For instance, i vaguely recall the republicans saying something about how they would vote for something or another the president was trying to do if he could end illegal immigration. Which is obviously never going to happen, thus they were essentially saying they wouldn't vote for his policy.

The only way to even get close to unbiased material is a scientific approach. Repealing free speech laws is not the answer. Your side is a non issue. You are proposing the withdrawal of free speech; therefore rendering your argument useless.
Science is also quite biased at times...It too can and never will be perfect.

And now you are arguing with a straw man... no one is saying to repeal free speech.

Your side is a non-issue? What side? What in da fuck does this even mean? Also isn't this statement just dismissal without justification?

No I am not proposing to withdrawal free speech. Also this premise that the withdrawal of free speech leads to arguments become useless is also false.

You are like the fallacy queen when it comes to arguments. Is your name clint eastwood by any chance? Cuz your talking to a vacant chair, and I way the fuck over here.
21-09-2012, 11:10 AM
(21-09-2012 11:02 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 10:45 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The only way to even get close to unbiased material is a scientific approach. Repealing free speech laws is not the answer. Your side is a non issue. You are proposing the withdrawal of free speech; therefore rendering your argument useless.
Science is also quite biased at times...It too can and never will be perfect.

And now you are arguing with a straw man... no one is saying to repeal free speech.

Your side is a non-issue? What side? What in da fuck does this even mean? Also isn't this statement just dismissal without justification?

No I am not proposing to withdrawal free speech. Also this premise that the withdrawal of free speech leads to arguments become useless is also false.

You are like the fallacy queen when it comes to arguments. Is your name clint eastwood by any chance? Cuz your talking to a vacant chair, and I way the fuck over here.

Yep, not at all against free speech here.

(03-09-2012 03:23 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Furthermore, any politician who endorses such actions should be immediately stricken from the ballot.

And for anyone who starts crying 1st amendment!!! Well you know what? FUCK the 1st amendment, and FUCK the constitution. Its a damn piece of paper written by white slave owners nearly three centuries ago. I promise you that you can rewrite it, and it only makes sense to do so over time. Guns are in a similar position. Can't we all just please agree that the constitution isn't some kind of a damn sacred text handed from god?st amendment, just alter it to include regulations on the media.

You now what? Fuck you!

And where did I say science was unbiased?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
21-09-2012, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 11:45 AM by Diablo666.)
Fallacy queen strikes again!

Ohh great and powerful fallacy queen, wont you please make a real argument instead of BS?
21-09-2012, 11:25 AM
(19-09-2012 10:33 PM)HDT Wrote:  Fox appeals for Right to Lie

Exactly. Thank you for finding that article.

And anyone protects Faux News on the basis of the first amendment is an idiot, and doesn't at all understand how a democracy works.
21-09-2012, 12:54 PM
(21-09-2012 11:25 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 10:33 PM)HDT Wrote:  Fox appeals for Right to Lie

Exactly. Thank you for finding that article.

And anyone protects Faux News on the basis of the first amendment is an idiot, and doesn't at all understand how a democracy works.

That's not an issue about democracy, it's an issue about how you try to control people. The media is not the most important factor in the media process.. It probably is in the United States voting process.. But that's ingoing key factors that aren't often brought considered anymore. (Although voter ID laws makes that discussion relevant.)

FoxNews and Conservative radio are going to lie and know it.. Newsletters and chain e-mails are going to lie and know it. I'm still not sure what your purposed fact-checker would do? I tried to ask you to explain how your idea would work because it's seemingly a hard and pointless battle. It's like trying to put a restriction on stating opinion in the media.

Fox has a few hours of programing that are strictly news, but the pundits are analysts and noted as people not there to present facts.

What would a regulator of you put a dump-delay on things the regulator doesn't trust as factual. If the plan is to go back on what they say, and make them make some statement of admitting the fallacy with it? Even if anything like that was done, it would not make a large difference. There is the group of people who think objective-unbiased ideas are liberal in agenda simply because it's not their shared viewpoint. These are the types that are drawn to liking Fox and being on the network. Those opinions and views will be continuously hammered into the viewership even if they have to admit they are not "facts."

Besides I know plenty of people disagree with the claim you made in the thread having regulator's is far better than not, Or I just don't know in what sense you determine what is "better". It's a matter of regulating definition or opinion. Changing the title NEWS out of the network wont adjust a thing. Besides it's notably deceitful but NBC is going to be changing MSNBC to NBCNEWS since they now own the network 100%

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
21-09-2012, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 01:27 PM by Diablo666.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRx5ethd8...r_embedded

No they don't have news at all, its all republican propaganda.

Most of the people who vote republican do so against their own best interest. They do this because they put faith in the media, faux news, to provide them with the "facts". However, these people are mere sheep being manipulated to vote against their best interest and that of the country.

There is an unspoken trust between the people and the news outlets to tell the truth. Currently that trust is being violated. The above point is obvious when you look at the article regarding Faux News and the supreme court. The problem lies with the 1st amendment that allowed them to escape justice.

If you can't trust the news to give out truthful information, then there is no democratic process at all. One can not make a single informed decision regarding anything of national concern, especially at election time.
21-09-2012, 01:57 PM
My point is that they don't proclaim to be a news shows. Even though the channel is called news, all of the programs with the noted hosts and commentators give their descriptions as non-newscasters.

They only have an hour or two around noon or so, that they proclaim as news. If you look at the show descriptions they often say, this guy such as Bill O'Riley is looking at the issues.. or with Hannity it's this commentator is bringing his perspective to the topics of the day.

Only in name are they marketing themselves as news. The problem isn't that it is not news; it is that a large segment of the population is not aware of the contrast between legit news and opinion.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
24-09-2012, 01:47 PM
For the record I think Fox has the right to do what they do, as despicable as it is. I just shared the article as proof that they have admitted to knowingly lying to the American people and portraying it as news.

"A man who dares waste an hour of his life has not discovered the value of life." - Charles Darwin