Psychedelics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Psychedelics
Just quickly throwing this one out.... I was wondering if anybody has any experience/knowledge about psychedelics.

Ive been looking into different types recently with some interest with a view to maybe trying some out in the distant future.

Im interested to hear if anybody knows anything about Ayahuasca.... one of my goals is to go abroad next year (as ive never left the UK) and I would like to go somewhere to try it in a safe and trusted enviroment..... on a personal and almost spiritual basis. Whilst the ingredients are legal to own im not really keen on making it myself.... even though I would ensure I had a sober person there with me to make sure I had a safe "trip"

Anything to do with DMT I would be interested to hear... links to information, experiences etc etc

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Psychedelics
I'm just going to sit here for a bit and wait for Filox to wake up.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-09-2012, 09:49 PM
RE: Psychedelics
It screws with D2 receptors. Means I can't touch it. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
23-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Psychedelics
Check out this movie, Bemore.
http://thespiritmolecule.com/
It's all about DMT. I can't tell you too much about it because I was high when I watched it. Big Grin

I don't know if you know who Joe Rogan is, but he's in it. He has a podcast called The Joe Rogan Experience. He often talks about hallucinogens. He did a 90 minute interview with Sam Harris. The last portion of it dealt with meditation and trances and psychedelics. It was really quite interesting.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-09-2012, 10:22 PM
(23-09-2012 10:07 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Check out this movie, Bemore.
http://thespiritmolecule.com/
It's all about DMT. I can't tell you too much about it because I was high when I watched it. Big Grin

I don't know if you know who Joe Rogan is, but he's in it. He has a podcast called The Joe Rogan Experience. He often talks about hallucinogens. He did a 90 minute interview with Sam Harris. The last portion of it dealt with meditation and trances and psychedelics. It was really quite interesting.

Ive heard about the spirit molecule and wanted to buy the book a while back... have found the film on 1channel and will watch it later when I get back from Fishing.

Ive heard of Joe Rogan and like some of his stuff on youtube ... he can come across as a bit arrogant but overall a lot of what he says is interesting Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
24-09-2012, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2012 01:02 AM by Filox.)
There are drugs and then there are psychedelics...

http://www.erowid.org is the site with all the best info you can find.

Ayahusca is the strongest possible psychedelic you could find, people use it to get rid of addictions, it is said that one dose and a 2 day trip on ayahusca cures you of all your physical and mental addictions, like tobacco, heroin, alcohol... It is also used in various shamanistic rituals over Africa. My recommendation is not to try this if you haven't got the experience with shrooms and LSD.

Didn't try DMT. and now I don't think I am so interested, as it is too much a crystal, reminds me of meth, so I am skeptical.

My advice would be to start with shrooms. They are 100% natural, no added chemicals. They are also the safest in this category, if any psychedelic medicine can be called safe. Just start with mild doses and everything will be OK. I guess. Smile Also, chocolate help you get off shrooms. It is much easier to end the shroom trip than any other kind of trip.

LSD is my personal favorite. You might think it is artificial molecule, made in lab, but it is also a natural found chemical. It is found in ergot, a fungus that grows on rye, and from that fungus LSD is extracted.

I can now tell you stories, talk about whatever you like, but there is nothing, nothing I can say that will prepare for the experience. Words just can not express the experience.

There are 2 things I know I can say. The most important thing to remember always while tripping is that you are on trip. As long as you are aware of the fact that whatever strange things are happening around you, it is all because of the influence of the drug, you are OK. People flip out because they forget that basic fact and then they can not explain what is happening and why, so they get scared and that leads to all sorts of shit. If you are aware, you can not get scared, because you just tell yourself: "Fuck man, this is all because of the LSD, what a good and strong trip this is...". This fact helps more that any other thing you can imagine.

The other thing to remember is that psychedelic drugs are best taken when relaxed and without serious problems around you. So I would not recommend this for you at this time. Actually, I would strongly advice you not to think about it now.

Here, read this: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e-Festival

Any questions? I am free on PM if you do not want it publicly.

Peace.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
24-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Been there, done that, tore off the t-shirt, danced naked. Hobo

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
25-09-2012, 07:27 PM
If I were to take such things........The things my mind would make me see.....by the nine....

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
25-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Had friends that went the shrooms route...I don't like anything that may make me throw up...that's a rule I don't break, so I skipped the shrooms back in the day. Did play around with various incarnations of LSD that made the rounds. Purple haze, Orange Sunshine..Blotter would blot you out. Only did it a few times, I don't like the feeling of being out of control, never have.

I went to a movie on acid one time, Jeremiah Johnson. This was many, many years ago. To this day I can't watch that movie because it's not the same movie I "saw" and that's still upsetting. It's like my memories of it, twisted by acid, are hard-wired into my brain and can't be undone.

I do remember the last time I ever tripped...didn't like what I experienced...kind of a blackout then everything zoomed back into focus. I still don't remember the hour or two before that return to something more like reality. I never tried it again.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
25-09-2012, 09:56 PM
(25-09-2012 08:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Had friends that went the shrooms route...I don't like anything that may make me throw up...that's a rule I don't break, so I skipped the shrooms back in the day. Did play around with various incarnations of LSD that made the rounds. Purple haze, Orange Sunshine..Blotter would blot you out. Only did it a few times, I don't like the feeling of being out of control, never have.

I went to a movie on acid one time, Jeremiah Johnson. This was many, many years ago. To this day I can't watch that movie because it's not the same movie I "saw" and that's still upsetting. It's like my memories of it, twisted by acid, are hard-wired into my brain and can't be undone.

I do remember the last time I ever tripped...didn't like what I experienced...kind of a blackout then everything zoomed back into focus. I still don't remember the hour or two before that return to something more like reality. I never tried it again.

That's a flashback.

Dmt.....ummm little stoned.....I'll join this one tomorrow.

So many cats, so few good recipes.