Psychic Detectives

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Psychic Detectives
If there's anything I hate more than a psychic, it's a psychic detective. These scum bags are an infection on society.

Apparently around 1/3 of police departments use psychics but I'm not sure if it's officially acknowledged by the police or they're just using them at a family's request in an unofficial way.

One psychic was cornered and on the hot seat a few years ago on, believe it or not, Inside Edition. I know, you're thinking...Inside Edition?? It's a great "gotcha moment" though. I love it. I wish there were more like this.

http://www.insideedition.com/investigati...ng-persons

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: Psychic Detectives
(22-01-2015 10:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If there's anything I hate more than a psychic, it's a psychic detective. These scum bags are an infection on society.

Apparently around 1/3 of police departments use psychics but I'm not sure if it's officially acknowledged by the police or they're just using them at a family's request in an unofficial way.

One psychic was cornered and on the hot seat a few years ago on, believe it or not, Inside Edition. I know, you're thinking...Inside Edition?? It's a great "gotcha moment" though. I love it. I wish there were more like this.

http://www.insideedition.com/investigati...ng-persons

The only psychic detective i'll ever like is Shawn Spencer. Laugh out load but yeah a bunch of phonies. The time and money and resources wasted hiring one of them could be better off spent on real police work and other sensible resources to help in an investigation that we know will bring in results and not rely on chances.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-01-2015, 06:34 AM
I'm really starting to view the entire enterprise of people that claim they are connected to the supernatural realm as simple predation on the naive people that believe in this.
It's always about money and promoting the individual that exploits people's naivety.
I just got through reading James Randi's book The Faith Healers it is appalling how these scam artists ply their trade with total disregard for their victims.
The people claiming they can give some sort of insight into a crime using supernatural powers get the victim's hopes up only to crush them when/if it's found out that they knew nothing about what actually happened.

But at least they got a paycheck from the victim's family. Angry

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-01-2015, 06:47 AM
I live just down the road from a country church that was sold when the congregation built a newer building across the street. A college professor bought it, lived in in for a couple years then defaulted on the loan. A bunch of "psychics" bought the old building and started this, um.... to tell the truth, I don't really know WHAT you'd call it.

Maybe a bordello....

First off - I find out they got run out of the next town - where they'd gotten busted for prostitution.

Next they put out a sign for "Reiki Massage" -- I suspect Reiki is a Japanese word for "happy ending". (you need not correct me on what it really means, my definition is more amusing)

Then they put up "No Tresspassing" signs all over the place.

Next - came a Realtor's sign. Then "For Sale - land contract".

Seems to me if they were really psychic - they'd have known you can't run a bordello out in the middle of nowhere and make any money....

Then again - I saw a couple of the girls that live there..... They'd have to pay ME....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-01-2015, 07:58 AM

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
23-01-2015, 09:44 AM
(23-01-2015 06:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I live just down the road from a country church that was sold when the congregation built a newer building across the street. A college professor bought it, lived in in for a couple years then defaulted on the loan. A bunch of "psychics" bought the old building and started this, um.... to tell the truth, I don't really know WHAT you'd call it.

Maybe a bordello....

First off - I find out they got run out of the next town - where they'd gotten busted for prostitution.

Next they put out a sign for "Reiki Massage" -- I suspect Reiki is a Japanese word for "happy ending". (you need not correct me on what it really means, my definition is more amusing)

Then they put up "No Tresspassing" signs all over the place.

Next - came a Realtor's sign. Then "For Sale - land contract".

Seems to me if they were really psychic - they'd have known you can't run a bordello out in the middle of nowhere and make any money....

Then again - I saw a couple of the girls that live there..... They'd have to pay ME....

It's bad enough that these places exist, what gets me is that some Police Departments are using psychics to solve crime. I'm supposing that some police are just as gullible as the next dumb guy but are my TAX DOLLARS being spent on these idiots? If this is true it needs to be addressed.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Bullshit scam. Nothing else to be said.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
23-01-2015, 10:50 AM
(23-01-2015 07:58 AM)gofish! Wrote:  

I literally was just watching this episode within the last hour.

The best part is when there are those ones who say to give up searching because the person is gone.. like there was some in the case of that Ohio story a few years ago where some women were captured and kept locked up for years.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-01-2015, 11:29 AM
(22-01-2015 10:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If there's anything I hate more than a psychic, it's a psychic detective.

I disagree...

[Image: shawn-spencer_pictureboxart_160w.jpg]

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post