Psycho Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Psycho Christian
Wasn't exactly sure where this would fit but here goes.

Lately I have been having issues with my boyfriend's holier than thou aunt. She told my boyfriend that he should leave me and lead a life of celibacy since having sexual urges towards another of the same sex is a sin and he would go to hell. And that she cared for his immortal soul. She also said I was stealing him from god and his family and that I would burn in hell for all eternity for being a sodomite.

Okay now this is where it gets good. After weeks if this rhetoric she has her daughter and her friend both text me to ask me to fix her computer which has just crashed. I promptly told her no. I didn't tell her to pray to her god that he might fix it with his powers, I just simply and firmly told her no.

That is when she flew off the handle. She then tried blackmailing me into fixing her computer by threatening to not help HER OWN MOTHER( my boyfriend's grandmother, but the one who raised him) pay her bills. Thereby screwing her literally out of house and home. I told the grandmother do not worry I will make sure the bills were paid using her account like her daughter was doing. That all I would need is the login info for the various sites. She tried to get the info from her daughter and she flat out refused to give it to her. That it was OUR problem if her utilities got cut off.

Being that its winter where we live and the grandmother cannot be without heat, she is condemning her own mother to suffer because she doesn't like ME.

I do not think I am in the wrong to not want to touch her computer after the insults and bulls*** she has put my boyfriend and I thru. But this is going a little overboard don't you think. She calls herself a Good Christian, but to make her own mother suffer cause my boyfriend and I dare to live the lifestyle we choose for ourselves is asinine. There has to be something that can be done. Isn't there?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 05:36 AM
RE: Psycho Christian
First of all, I would like to say: I extend my totally unhelpful sympathies to you and yours.

With that said, I'll move on.

Her badgering and pestering and interference are likely because she actually does care about about your boyfriend, and thinks he's on a bullet train to hell.(a lifetimes worth of indoctrination and belief can do that to a person; they literally live their delusion.) Which of course, allows her to rationalise a hatred (or at least intense dislike) of yourself.

I totally agree with your decision to not help her (I have no patience for that crap), after all, by your reports, she has done nothing to entitle her to aid, nor endear her in your eyes. You say you told her "no" firmly. Did you expand on that or was it simply a no? It might be possible to use this all as a bargaining chip: I help you, you cut the crap.

As for something that can be done, while she has certainly gone overboard and off the deep end at the same time, it does not appear that she has made any sort of legal infraction that you might be able to take hold of (aside from possibly harassment, though I doubt you were considering such an option in the first place, and would not advise it if you were), if the woman has power over the grandmother (a duty of care for example), you cannot touch any decisions she makes regarding the grandmother, such is their affair alone I am afraid.

Perhaps it might be best if you bargain on the computer matter; carefully explain that she can stop all the shit and you help her, or you can leave her to her own devices. I have no experience with this woman, but it is my guess that she is bluffing, that would be consistent with the blustering.

Well, whatever action you choose to take is yours alone, I will say, this is the perfect opportunity to take the bull by the horns and confront the issue directly.

Once again, my sympathies to you, good luck.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
14-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Psycho Christian
My boyfriend has PoA over his grandmother. Yet another thing she has blown a gasket over. She is also up in arms over her mother's house which is legally in my boyfriend's name. Also I think she's pissed that I bought my boyfriend a new house with the insurance money I got when my parents passed away. So in effect he now owns two houses and she lives in a trailer.
14-01-2013, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 06:13 AM by Vera.)
(14-01-2013 05:43 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  My boyfriend has PoA over his grandmother. Yet another thing she has blown a gasket over. She is also up in arms over her mother's house which is legally in my boyfriend's name. Also I think she's pissed that I bought my boyfriend a new house with the insurance money I got when my parents passed away. So in effect he now owns two houses and she lives in a trailer.

That might be a HUGE part of it. Never underestimate good ol Xians' capacity for greed and envy. Not like they're the only ones, but they like to mix it up with a huge helping of holier-than-thou crap which makes it so much harder to swallow.

I say try to settle that thing with the grandmother (there must be a way - asking the sites to change her details, stuff like this maybe) and kick that venomous creature out of your lives. Love for her nephew? Bullshit! She sounds like a hateful, envious bigot and "love" and "fear for his immortal soul" are just excuses. No one needs people like this in their lives.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
14-01-2013, 11:27 AM
(14-01-2013 05:43 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  My boyfriend has PoA over his grandmother. Yet another thing she has blown a gasket over. She is also up in arms over her mother's house which is legally in my boyfriend's name. Also I think she's pissed that I bought my boyfriend a new house with the insurance money I got when my parents passed away. So in effect he now owns two houses and she lives in a trailer.
If he has a written POA, he can go to the bank with adequate information and get access to her accounts.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

18-01-2013, 12:48 PM
I second Momsurroundedbyboys' idea. If there is written Power of Attorney signed by the grandmother listing your boyfriend as her agent for financial affairs, he can deal with her property in the same manner and with the same authority that she can herself. He should be able to deal directly with her financial institutions and service providers. Why not cut the mother out entirely and just have your boyfriend take care of finances for grandma? (Disclaimer: I'm an attorney, but this post in no way creates an attorney-client relationship between us. That being said, feel free to PM me if you need more help. Smile )
[+] 1 user Likes SilverGirl's post
18-01-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't think that disclaimer was entirely necessary.

I guess I say welcome to the forum now, huh?

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-01-2013, 12:57 PM
(18-01-2013 12:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't think that disclaimer was entirely necessary.

I guess I say welcome to the forum now, huh?
Thanks, Free Thought. I would hope the disclaimer wouldn't be necessary, but I've heard of people getting into some pretty weird ethical situations. Maybe I'll put some kind of disclaimer in my profile and call it good.
18-01-2013, 12:58 PM
You could just make a signature if it seems that important, you'll have to forgive my ignorance of legal niceties, my class didn't cover that.