Psychology of Religious Faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2011, 02:22 AM
RE: Psychology of Religious Faith
(17-09-2011 01:53 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(16-09-2011 11:50 PM)FreeAtheism Wrote:  
Code:
Belief in and worship of a creator also strongly correlates with higher early adolescent pregnancy. Teenage birth rates are two to dozens of times higher in the US. than the other countries, despite their higher rate of abortion. In my opinion the reason for the high rate of adolescent pregnancy and abortion is probably because Christians typically refuse to educate adolescents about contraception.

No democracy in this study was shown to have strong religiosity and comparatively high rates of societal health in the parameters measured. The opposite is true. Only the more secular, pro-evolution democracies came closest to achieving a standard of living that features the lowest rates of lethal crime, juvenile-adult mortality, sex-related health issues and abortion. The three least theistic democracies-Japan, France, and Scandinavia-also have the three best figures in these regards. None of the strongly secularized, pro-evolution democracies experienced high levels of measurable dysfunction.

Mark. . . I agree with you 100%. If we look at all the countries that have less than 2% atheists, we soon find out that they have been fighting the most war among themselves. Most of out Nobel Prize winners, and scientists are all atheists. America's national IQ would drop dramatically.

Keep up the good work man!

Thankyou! I assume you are in USA? I am Australian. Did my comments about social problems in USA come across as being bigoted? If so I'll have to look at my wording. Thanks for your time.

Yes, I am American, but I take no offense because the American Government is repressive and pessimistic. Moreover, we are consistently regressing and repeating a cycle of abuse that needs to end. These wars were never declared by the congress; therefore, they are illegal.

Despite all of the problems in our country, there are too many good things worth saving. What we need is honest leaders with true character to take this country in a better direction. We are losing our great navigational ideas that would lead us into freedom.

Consequently, America's problems are effecting the entire world.

We need the world to be free.

Anyway, if you ever have a new idea or anything that you would like to discuss, feel free to send me a message or an e-mail.

Take care
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: Psychology of Religious Faith
Hi I really enjoy reading these posts I do agree that mental health has a lot to do with religious beliefs being in a religion helps keep their lives in control they get told what to do and in turn get to control and tell and judge others. I have dealt a lot and worked in mental health and I know they have lovely big hearts and good intentions all wars were started with good intentions as with religion. Being in a religious environment helps them to regulate and predict their environment which alleviates anxiety helps them to feel normal even above which helps their confidence and self esteem. Unfortunately with mental health sufferers its the people around them that suffer they to suffer in that is not the effect they want to have on people as they cant help but be self serving non empathetic and obsessed which is what is reflected in religions. Narcissism on the other hand is a personality disorder not a brain chemical disorder they are the ones running the shows.
I have recently left my religion of near thirty years never felt at home there but it was a sanctuary at the time its true that there are those who need religion to pull them out of crisis and a bad life direction and want to become better people religion offers that and support and family and hope ect at a price which you find out about a year after you commit everyone is wonderful till then. About 2 years ago started and am still studying phycology hoping to go for my degree in behavioural science. I will look at the links posted and get back on I was so excited to read these post even though they were a couple of years ago hoping your all still around somewhere Thanks Sue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply