Psychology of guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 08:04 PM
RE: Psychology of guns
[/quote]
At least in Canada, (and probably in Europe) there is A HUGE difference in attitude towards owning a firearm for hunting and owning a firearm for self-defence: the idea of owning a firearm for self-defence just doesn't enter into the equation for "ordinary" people in Canada and Europe, regardless of whether they live in urban or rural areas. (By "ordinary" I mean those not involved in gangs and/or organized crime).

IMO, the real question here is: What are you (individual Americans) afraid of?
Now ask yourself: Why are you afraid of this?
[/quote]

So you admit there ARE "gangs" and "organized crime" in your fair Canada? In spite of your Progressive gun bans meant for all but the ruling elite with their armored limos and WELL ARMED SECURITY DETAILS????

So to answer:
"What am I (an individual American) afraid of?"

Um.......GANGS AND ORGANIZED CRIME AND LEGISLATORS WHO LIVE IN A SEPARATE WORLD THAN THE ONE THEY LEGISLATE.

and

"Why (am I) afraid of this?"

BECAUSE NAIVE, NON-CITIZEN/SUBJECT FUCKERS LIKE YOU will throw stones in your glass house and infringe on my right to defend my private property--MY PERSON---against thugs like "gangs" and "organized crime"!

You people aren't "anti-gun". You are "PRO-GUN for law enforcement only".
Well when MY government suddenly decides my lack of belief in god isn't LEGAL...(and the Dominionist theocrats down here work every day to make THAT a reality) I would truly rather defend myself against the thought police with something besides GODDAMNED ***HAPPY THOUGHTS***!

PLEASE GET REAL ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND YOU AND STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY PERSONAL PROPERTY. (How old are you? ...less than 25 (ignorance) or over 65 (fear), my guess.)

SOOOO>>>>IF **YOU** DON'T WANT TO OWN A GODDAMNED GUN>>>> THEN DON'T FUCKING OWN ONE. I DON'T OWN A GODDAMNED PIT BULL BUT I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS IN HELL IF YOU HAVE A WHOLE BASEMENT FULL>>>>But if one gets loose and chews my kid's face off>>>>at least I will be able to SHOOT IT and SAVE A HELPLESS CHILD.

But I will SOLEMNLY promise you this...you will NEVER SEE MY WEAPON DRAWN OTHERWISE>>>>not even to save your wife from getting raped on the kitchen table right in front of us both---because **YOU** know best. Guns can be dangerous and I'm sure that rapist will sit right down to a cuppa tea when you invite him in to see your pepper spray collection.

Pardon the shouting----I'm so overdone with this retarded line of bullshit from people who have rejected one mythology only to cling desperately to another. I would expect better from an atheist. But then again, just because you don't believe in fairly tales doesn't mean you actually have well considered REASONS. I have well learned that atheist DOES NOT equal "critical thinker".

(I CLEARLY need a glass of wine and a bong hit....and if ALL CAPS offends you---GET A GODDAMNED LIFE----computer screens do NOT "SCREAM". Just ignore me because you don't have the right to NOT be offended by fucking font size.)

::... think i need a cigarette too. anybody got a light?.......::
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 08:12 PM
[Image: UT8XzKBXkxaXXagOFbXI.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-10-2015, 08:15 PM
At least in Canada, (and probably in Europe) there is A HUGE difference in attitude towards owning a firearm for hunting and owning a firearm for self-defence: the idea of owning a firearm for self-defence just doesn't enter into the equation for "ordinary" people in Canada and Europe, regardless of whether they live in urban or rural areas. (By "ordinary" I mean those not involved in gangs and/or organized crime).

[/quote]

So you admit there ARE "gangs" and "organized crime" in your fair Canada? In spite of your Progressive gun bans meant for all but the ruling elite with their armored limos and WELL ARMED SECURITY DETAILS????

So to answer:

Um.......GANGS AND ORGANIZED CRIME AND LEGISLATORS WHO LIVE IN A SEPARATE WORLD THAN THE ONE THEY LEGISLATE.

and

BECAUSE NAIVE, NON-CITIZEN/SUBJECT FUCKERS LIKE YOU will throw stones in your glass house and infringe on my right to defend my private property--MY PERSON---against thugs like "gangs" and "organized crime"!

Well when MY government suddenly decides my lack of belief in god isn't LEGAL...(and the Dominionist theocrats down here work every day to make THAT a reality) I would truly rather defend myself against the thought police with something besides GODDAMNED ***HAPPY THOUGHTS***!

PLEASE GET REAL ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND YOU AND STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY PERSONAL PROPERTY. (How old are you? ...less than 25 (ignorance) or over 65 (fear), my guess.)

SOOOO>>>>IF **YOU** DON'T WANT TO OWN A GODDAMNED GUN>>>> THEN DON'T FUCKING OWN ONE. I DON'T OWN A GODDAMNED PIT BULL BUT I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS IN HELL IF YOU HAVE A WHOLE BASEMENT FULL>>>>But if one gets loose and chews my kid's face off>>>>at least I will be able to SHOOT IT and SAVE A HELPLESS CHILD.

But I will SOLEMNLY promise you this...you will NEVER SEE MY WEAPON DRAWN OTHERWISE>>>>not even to save your wife from getting raped on the kitchen table right in front of us both---because **YOU** know best. Guns can be dangerous and I'm sure that rapist will sit right down to a cuppa tea when you invite him in to see your pepper spray collection.

Pardon the shouting----I'm so overdone with this retarded line of bullshit from people who have rejected one mythology only to cling desperately to another. I would expect better from an atheist. But then again, just because you don't believe in fairly tales doesn't mean you actually have well considered REASONS. I have well learned that atheist DOES NOT equal "critical thinker".

(I CLEARLY need a glass of wine and a bong hit....and if ALL CAPS offends you---GET A GODDAMNED LIFE----computer screens do NOT "SCREAM". Just ignore me because you don't have the right to NOT be offended by fucking font size.)

[/quote]

Yes. Clearly a stable individual who needs a gun.
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
27-10-2015, 08:17 PM
(27-10-2015 07:51 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  We have different perspectives.

... I will kill those animals every time I see them and I would venture a guess that you will too when you have children of your own.

Yes, we have different perspectives.

First, I do have a child; nicely grown up now, and a big outdoorsman. I gave him my .12 gauge recently, incidentally.

I worked as a cowboy for many years, mostly in Wyoming, New Mexico, and California, but dabs here and there, Montana, Nevada, Colorado.

When I started, I just bought into the usual rancher paranoia about wild animals. In other words, I killed them with extreme prejudice, frequently. Skunks, prairie dogs, "gophers" (not sure what species they actually were), rattlesnakes, coyotes, and more.

But after a few years, I came to believe that the rancher's reflexive instinct to kill first was probably rooted in the simple fact that it's a tough business, and you can't shoot a drought. If you get what I mean.

I heard, "Kill the gophers because cattle and horses break their legs in their holes." Nah. Never saw it, and it's extremely rare. Rattlesnakes won't bother you if you don't bother them, though I definitely saw my share of cattle that had been bitten in the face (they survived; too big for a rattler bite to kill them). Ironically, of course, in killing the snakes, we were inadvertently removing a "gopher" predator.

Coyotes? Please. It's true that urban coyotes have gotten rather bold in places, to the point that they have bitten people on occasion. I myself was stalked by a coyote while running just last year, a fairly large male who was surprisingly bold; I kept having to turn around and run back toward him to drive him off. Coyotes will try to take calves, but almost always fail (they sometimes catch a bite of tail or ear, but if mama lets a coyote take her calf, she need to be culled, anyway - you do not want to get between a mad mama cow and her calf).

I've seen bears and lions. Lions can kill cattle, but that is an extremely rare event. They do attack people sometimes, but statistically, the chances are vanishingly small - in all of Colorado history, there are two confirmed cases of lions killing humans. Black bears that are habituated to people can definitely be dangerous (as in California), but in Colorado, they are shy and will run from humans. They do not prey on humans. Grizzlies, more dangerous, but you have to go to Alaska for them.

First, I congratulate you on freeing yourself completely from fear of death. I think I'm a good way there, and I'm working on that (I think it's the source of all insecurity), but I am not sure I will ever get there.

Second, I think your words demonstrate that you are bringing fear into the equation when you go into the wild; otherwise, you wouldn't be so ... not sure what word to use here .. Jumpy? Paranoid? Nervous? ... about extremely unlikely events.

By the way, as you probably know, shooting at a bear is usually a very, very bad idea.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
27-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Psychology of guns
[Image: 7de074c6813f035332d855ec63062f2f.jpg]
27-10-2015, 08:29 PM
(27-10-2015 08:22 PM)jabeady Wrote:  [Image: 7de074c6813f035332d855ec63062f2f.jpg]

Funny.

I'm not anti-gun. I own guns. I'm anti-gun obsession.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
27-10-2015, 08:30 PM
(27-10-2015 08:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:04 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  

So to answer:

and

[/quote]

[/quote]

ad hominem.... MY FAVE!
27-10-2015, 08:34 PM
(27-10-2015 08:29 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:22 PM)jabeady Wrote:  [Image: 7de074c6813f035332d855ec63062f2f.jpg]

Funny.

I'm not anti-gun. I own guns. I'm anti-gun obsession.

Concur.

I own one for each day that ends in "Y". That is more than plenty for ME. I have shoes to accessorize, after all.

But I don't care how many anyone else owns. Because if I have MY personal comfort stash...its all good.

Posers with penis anxiety worry all of us but I'm not agitating to outlaw spoons because OPRAH'S ASS HAS ITS OWN ZIP CODE.
27-10-2015, 08:36 PM
(27-10-2015 08:30 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  So you admit there ARE "gangs" and "organized crime" in your fair Canada? ...

ad hominem.... MY FAVE!

So yes, the world is full of dangers. Guns can be useful in staving off some of them.

Ad hominem is, as you note, a poor tactic. Perhaps the poster is responding to your rather OVERHEATED!!!!! rhetoric? At the least, your post is positively seething with fear, some of it pretty irrational.

27-10-2015, 08:42 PM
(27-10-2015 08:36 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:30 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  So you admit there ARE "gangs" and "organized crime" in your fair Canada? ...

ad hominem.... MY FAVE!

So yes, the world is full of dangers. Guns can be useful in staving off some of them.

Ad hominem is, as you note, a poor tactic. Perhaps the poster is responding to your rather OVERHEATED!!!!! rhetoric? At the least, your post is positively seething with fear, some of it pretty irrational.

...and yours is dripping with ignorant sanctimony, most of it very unfounded.