Psychology of guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: Psychology of guns
(27-10-2015 08:30 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  At least in Canada, (and probably in Europe) there is A HUGE difference in attitude towards owning a firearm for hunting and owning a firearm for self-defence: the idea of owning a firearm for self-defence just doesn't enter into the equation for "ordinary" people in Canada and Europe, regardless of whether they live in urban or rural areas. (By "ordinary" I mean those not involved in gangs and/or organized crime).

IMO, the real question here is: What are you (individual Americans) afraid of?
Now ask yourself: Why are you afraid of this?

So you admit there ARE "gangs" and "organized crime" in your fair Canada? In spite of your Progressive gun bans meant for all but the ruling elite with their armored limos and WELL ARMED SECURITY DETAILS????

So to answer:
"What am I (an individual American) afraid of?"

Um.......GANGS AND ORGANIZED CRIME AND LEGISLATORS WHO LIVE IN A SEPARATE WORLD THAN THE ONE THEY LEGISLATE.

and

"Why (am I) afraid of this?"

BECAUSE NAIVE, NON-CITIZEN/SUBJECT FUCKERS LIKE YOU will throw stones in your glass house and infringe on my right to defend my private property--MY PERSON---against thugs like "gangs" and "organized crime"!

You people aren't "anti-gun". You are "PRO-GUN for law enforcement only".
Well when MY government suddenly decides my lack of belief in god isn't LEGAL...(and the Dominionist theocrats down here work every day to make THAT a reality) I would truly rather defend myself against the thought police with something besides GODDAMNED ***HAPPY THOUGHTS***!

PLEASE GET REAL ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND YOU AND STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY PERSONAL PROPERTY. (How old are you? ...less than 25 (ignorance) or over 65 (fear), my guess.)

SOOOO>>>>IF **YOU** DON'T WANT TO OWN A GODDAMNED GUN>>>> THEN DON'T FUCKING OWN ONE. I DON'T OWN A GODDAMNED PIT BULL BUT I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS IN HELL IF YOU HAVE A WHOLE BASEMENT FULL>>>>But if one gets loose and chews my kid's face off>>>>at least I will be able to SHOOT IT and SAVE A HELPLESS CHILD.

But I will SOLEMNLY promise you this...you will NEVER SEE MY WEAPON DRAWN OTHERWISE>>>>not even to save your wife from getting raped on the kitchen table right in front of us both---because **YOU** know best. Guns can be dangerous and I'm sure that rapist will sit right down to a cuppa tea when you invite him in to see your pepper spray collection.

Pardon the shouting----I'm so overdone with this retarded line of bullshit from people who have rejected one mythology only to cling desperately to another. I would expect better from an atheist. But then again, just because you don't believe in fairly tales doesn't mean you actually have well considered REASONS. I have well learned that atheist DOES NOT equal "critical thinker".

(I CLEARLY need a glass of wine and a bong hit....and if ALL CAPS offends you---GET A GODDAMNED LIFE----computer screens do NOT "SCREAM". Just ignore me because you don't have the right to NOT be offended by fucking font size.)

::... think i need a cigarette too. anybody got a light?.......::

Yes. Clearly a stable individual who needs a gun.
[/quote]

ad hominem.... MY FAVE!
[/quote]

Act like a stereotype, get treated like one. Deal with it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Yo, Hobbitgirl. I'm part of a Tolkien discussion group and our motto is ... Elen sila lumenn omentielvo!

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
27-10-2015, 08:46 PM
This forum used to have more conservative "ex-christians", but I see it too, sadly, has been infested with hateful, vitriolic "never believers" who couldn't reason their way out of a dirt hole.

It was fun while it lasted. Good luck getting the Baptists to come over to Reason---because most of you Liberals have simply given up one set of unfounded bullshit beliefs for another.
27-10-2015, 08:47 PM
(27-10-2015 08:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:30 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  So you admit there ARE "gangs" and "organized crime" in your fair Canada? In spite of your Progressive gun bans meant for all but the ruling elite with their armored limos and WELL ARMED SECURITY DETAILS????

So to answer:
"What am I (an individual American) afraid of?"

Um.......GANGS AND ORGANIZED CRIME AND LEGISLATORS WHO LIVE IN A SEPARATE WORLD THAN THE ONE THEY LEGISLATE.

and

"Why (am I) afraid of this?"

BECAUSE NAIVE, NON-CITIZEN/SUBJECT FUCKERS LIKE YOU will throw stones in your glass house and infringe on my right to defend my private property--MY PERSON---against thugs like "gangs" and "organized crime"!

You people aren't "anti-gun". You are "PRO-GUN for law enforcement only".
Well when MY government suddenly decides my lack of belief in god isn't LEGAL...(and the Dominionist theocrats down here work every day to make THAT a reality) I would truly rather defend myself against the thought police with something besides GODDAMNED ***HAPPY THOUGHTS***!

PLEASE GET REAL ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND YOU AND STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY PERSONAL PROPERTY. (How old are you? ...less than 25 (ignorance) or over 65 (fear), my guess.)

SOOOO>>>>IF **YOU** DON'T WANT TO OWN A GODDAMNED GUN>>>> THEN DON'T FUCKING OWN ONE. I DON'T OWN A GODDAMNED PIT BULL BUT I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS IN HELL IF YOU HAVE A WHOLE BASEMENT FULL>>>>But if one gets loose and chews my kid's face off>>>>at least I will be able to SHOOT IT and SAVE A HELPLESS CHILD.

But I will SOLEMNLY promise you this...you will NEVER SEE MY WEAPON DRAWN OTHERWISE>>>>not even to save your wife from getting raped on the kitchen table right in front of us both---because **YOU** know best. Guns can be dangerous and I'm sure that rapist will sit right down to a cuppa tea when you invite him in to see your pepper spray collection.

Pardon the shouting----I'm so overdone with this retarded line of bullshit from people who have rejected one mythology only to cling desperately to another. I would expect better from an atheist. But then again, just because you don't believe in fairly tales doesn't mean you actually have well considered REASONS. I have well learned that atheist DOES NOT equal "critical thinker".

(I CLEARLY need a glass of wine and a bong hit....and if ALL CAPS offends you---GET A GODDAMNED LIFE----computer screens do NOT "SCREAM". Just ignore me because you don't have the right to NOT be offended by fucking font size.)

::... think i need a cigarette too. anybody got a light?.......::

Yes. Clearly a stable individual who needs a gun.

ad hominem.... MY FAVE!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Act like a cunt, get treated like one. Deal with it.
27-10-2015, 08:47 PM
(27-10-2015 08:46 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  This forum used to have more conservative "ex-christians", but I see it too, sadly, has been infested with hateful, vitriolic "never believers" who couldn't reason their way out of a dirt hole.

It was fun while it lasted. Good luck getting the Baptists to come over to Reason---because most of you Liberals have simply given up one set of unfounded bullshit beliefs for another.

Don't let the door hit you and all that.
27-10-2015, 08:48 PM
(27-10-2015 08:47 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes. Clearly a stable individual who needs a gun.

ad hominem.... MY FAVE!

[/quote]

Still waiting on a substantive argument, sweetie.
[+] 1 user Likes Hypatia's post
27-10-2015, 08:48 PM
Before this goes any further, can you people fix your quotes?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-10-2015, 08:49 PM
(27-10-2015 08:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:46 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  This forum used to have more conservative "ex-christians", but I see it too, sadly, has been infested with hateful, vitriolic "never believers" who couldn't reason their way out of a dirt hole.

Don't let the door hit you and all that.

Act like a cunt, get treated like one. Deal with it.
(27-10-2015 08:34 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  Posers with penis anxiety worry all of us but I'm not agitating to outlaw spoons because OPRAH'S ASS HAS ITS OWN ZIP CODE.

Right. Haven't suggested that guns be outlawed. And I'm not anxious about my wee-wee. That's why I drive a very small car.

But you'll have to help me out with your Oprah comment - huh?

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
(27-10-2015 08:48 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:47 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  ad hominem.... MY FAVE!

Still waiting on a substantive argument, sweetie.
[/quote]

I don't discuss with people like you, darling, waste of time.

Plus you might go postal on some school. Don't want that.