Psychology of guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 09:16 PM
RE: Psychology of guns
(27-10-2015 06:52 PM)claywise Wrote:  Men notice women (or men) they are attracted to, but goddamn it, fellas, when you call out or comment, you are intruding ... you may think you are just giving her a compliment, but what you are really doing is imposing yourself on her.

I'm embarrassed by a rather large majority of my fellow men, frankly.

really? although I almost never do it(they will probably ignore it, so it's not worth it) but I never saw it as imposing...

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 09:20 PM
(27-10-2015 09:16 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  really? although I almost never do it(they will probably ignore it, so it's not worth it) but I never saw it as imposing...

That's what I hear from women I know.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
27-10-2015, 11:53 PM
(27-10-2015 09:16 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 06:52 PM)claywise Wrote:  Men notice women (or men) they are attracted to, but goddamn it, fellas, when you call out or comment, you are intruding ... you may think you are just giving her a compliment, but what you are really doing is imposing yourself on her.

really? although I almost never do it(they will probably ignore it, so it's not worth it) but I never saw it as imposing...
I have never ever cat called.

I consider guys that do it to be dogs, running on impulse with no ability to think.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
28-10-2015, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2015 05:57 AM by JDog554.)
(27-10-2015 09:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:58 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm not sure how the quotes broke. Sorry about that.

I'm trying to figure it out and I must say I am positively befuddled and confounded by this...

Each quote tag has to have an ending closing tag, looks like somehow the posts had more closing tags than beginning tags. Look at Hobbits for example, two beginning quote tags and 4 closing tags.

Edit: AH ok, I see what happened, in Hypatia's first posts #121, he/she somehow managed to use closing quote tags at both the beginning and ending of a quote.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-10-2015, 07:01 AM
(28-10-2015 05:45 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 09:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm trying to figure it out and I must say I am positively befuddled and confounded by this...

Each quote tag has to have an ending closing tag, looks like somehow the posts had more closing tags than beginning tags. Look at Hobbits for example, two beginning quote tags and 4 closing tags.

Edit: AH ok, I see what happened, in Hypatia's first posts #121, he/she somehow managed to use closing quote tags at both the beginning and ending of a quote.

So that's where it it started... I guess one thing is appropriate for the causer of such failure.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-10-2015, 07:41 AM
(27-10-2015 09:16 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  

Yes, really.

Consider how many men think it's okay to whistle or yell a comment about nice tits or order a woman walking down the street by herself to smile. Now consider: do these same men make similar comments to a lone male who they don't know? Do they make comments to a woman who is walking with a man? It's asserting power and dominance over a person who is deemed to be weaker. That's why it can be thought of as an imposition. Caveat: not all women see it this way, but the majority of women I have ever met do, and I do too. Women don't ignore these comments, but responding to them is usually not productive or makes the situation more dangerous, because if you indicate the comments aren't welcome, that makes some men really, really angry. So you just keep walking.

This is a completely different situation of course than being at a social event where people are trying to get to know each other and complimenting an aspect of a person's appearance as you're having a conversation with them.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
28-10-2015, 08:18 AM
(28-10-2015 07:41 AM)julep Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 09:16 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  really? although I almost never do it(they will probably ignore it, so it's not worth it) but I never saw it as imposing...

Yes, really.

Consider how many men think it's okay to whistle or yell a comment about nice tits or order a woman walking down the street by herself to smile. Now consider: do these same men make similar comments to a lone male who they don't know? Do they make comments to a woman who is walking with a man? It's asserting power and dominance over a person who is deemed to be weaker. That's why it can be thought of as an imposition. Caveat: not all women see it this way, but the majority of women I have ever met do, and I do too. Women don't ignore these comments, but responding to them is usually not productive or makes the situation more dangerous, because if you indicate the comments aren't welcome, that makes some men really, really angry. So you just keep walking.

This is a completely different situation of course than being at a social event where people are trying to get to know each other and complimenting an aspect of a person's appearance as you're having a conversation with them.

So it's not ok to tell a woman standing next to you waiting to cross the street that her hat is cute or she has a nice smile? What If I said "It's so bright outside, you must have been smiling."?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Honestly it's never occurred to me that I'm being "harassed" when someone says something like that to me. Lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
28-10-2015, 08:53 AM
(28-10-2015 08:40 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Honestly it's never occurred to me that I'm being "harassed" when someone says something like that to me. Lol.

95% of the time, they probably don't mean to harass you, probably was not their intention if they don't say anything sexual or degrading, just a small compliment. Just someone trying to be nice, I honestly think some people just read too much into it, though I can understand the caution with how some people do act.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-10-2015, 09:27 AM
(28-10-2015 07:41 AM)julep Wrote:  

Yes, really.

What do you mean by "deemed to be weaker" ? Physically weaker? Why does that that play any role, is there an assumption of a physical altercation where that would be of importance?
If you don`t mean physically weaker, than in what way is she "deemed weaker" and based on what ?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's