Psychology of guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: Psychology of guns
(28-10-2015 11:57 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sorry I want to be a decent member of this society and be nice to people, guess being an asshole is the way to go now and days.

Wanting to be something does not make it so. You're not only asshole, you're creepy asshole who for some reason can't understand that others could not care for what you deem nice.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2015, 12:03 PM
(28-10-2015 08:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So it's not ok to tell a woman standing next to you waiting to cross the street that her hat is cute or she has a nice smile?

I'd never do that. What I would do is smile at them. I've found that genuine smiles are almost never misunderstood. I smile at everybody. (Except cops and judges. They don't like smiles. Trust me, I know.) Oh an don't let your smile degenerate into a leer. Those also are seldom misunderstood.

(28-10-2015 08:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  What If I said "It's so bright outside, you must have been smiling."?

I'd hit you in the face.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-10-2015, 12:03 PM
(28-10-2015 12:00 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 11:57 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sorry I want to be a decent member of this society and be nice to people, guess being an asshole is the way to go now and days.

You're not only asshole

No I'm not creepy, I'm shy so for me to even talk to a girl is a stretch but call me whatever you may so you can feel better about yourself but I know what and who I am.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-10-2015, 12:04 PM
I agree with Jennybee. As a woman, unless you're female or a good friend, I don't appreciate any comments about my looks, regardless of how innocuous. It immediately puts me on the defensive, (or even on the offensive, if you're really dickish ).

The best tactic a guy could take would be to ask for help, in a polite, non-threatening way (ask for directions, ask for an opinion on a product in a supermarket, etc.).
See the person as a person first, and a woman second (hard for some guys, I know)
Appeal to the person's intelligence and willingness to help others.

'Course I hear that's what psychopaths do, so YMMV.

Or you can be out walking a friendly dog. That always works for me.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
28-10-2015, 12:07 PM
(28-10-2015 12:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:00 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  You're not only asshole

No I'm not creepy, I'm shy so for me to even talk to a girl is a stretch but call me whatever you may so you can feel better about yourself but I know what and who I am.

You're not creepy? If you say so. But I care not, talk to strangers however often you wish, just don't be surprised that it would not be to everyone liking.

Also congratulations on thinking that whoever does not agree with your saying what is nice being asshole.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-10-2015, 12:08 PM
(28-10-2015 11:57 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 11:53 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You say it's nice I say it can be creepy and is not needed.

Common courtesy.

I have no idea. I'll never do such thing.

For me possibility of it being uncomfortable is reason enough to not do it. I suppose that random women don't care for my opinion about their looks and I don't see the reason to bother them with it.

I disagree.

Why not question them? You may think that it's nice but is not valid for everyone. I think that is better to not say anything - you will not make someone uncomfortable with your attempts at being nice that way.

Sorry I want to be a decent member of this society and be nice to people, guess being an asshole is the way to go now and days.

You are viewing your compliments about a woman's appearance as being nice because that is your intent. And you are a very nice guy. But the random woman you are talking to doesn't know you. As women, we have to assume the worst in order to protect ourselves. Women don't view compliments by random guys about their appearance as guys being "nice." It is viewed as creepy. It is unwelcome in many cases. Why can't you talk to a woman about something other than her appearance? That way you can talk to her and not make her feel uncomfortable. She will also feel respected and that you value her opinion. Men are twice a woman's size in most cases. I'm 5'6''--if a 6'6'' random guy comes up to me and starts making comments to me about my appearance--I get really uncomfortable and my fear sensors start kicking up. I just want out of a situation like that as quickly as possible and I find myself hoping that things don't go in a bad direction and I start thinking about what I am going to do if they do go in a bad direction.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-10-2015, 12:10 PM
(28-10-2015 12:07 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  No I'm not creepy, I'm shy so for me to even talk to a girl is a stretch but call me whatever you may so you can feel better about yourself but I know what and who I am.

You're not creepy? If you say so. But I care not, talk to strangers however often you wish, just don't be surprised that it would not be to everyone liking.

No I am not. I know so because I know myself better than you know me.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-10-2015, 12:11 PM
(28-10-2015 12:07 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  No I'm not creepy, I'm shy so for me to even talk to a girl is a stretch but call me whatever you may so you can feel better about yourself but I know what and who I am.

Also congratulations on thinking that whoever does not agree with your saying what is nice being asshole.

I never said that. Congratulations on putting words into my mouth.

28-10-2015, 12:11 PM
(28-10-2015 12:10 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:07 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  You're not creepy? If you say so. But I care not, talk to strangers however often you wish, just don't be surprised that it would not be to everyone liking.

No I am not. I know so because I know myself better than you know me.

Sure. Also every women finds your comments extremally flattering and can't wait to hear them again Rolleyes.

(28-10-2015 12:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I never said that. Congratulations on putting words into my mouth.

Sure you didn't - Sorry I want to be a decent member of this society and be nice to people, guess being an asshole is the way to go now and days.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-10-2015, 12:14 PM
(28-10-2015 12:11 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:10 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  No I am not. I know so because I know myself better than you know me.

Sure. Also every women finds your comments extremally flattering and can't wait to hear them again Rolleyes.

Like I care what you think.