Psychology of the Miami Uber "Attacker"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2016, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 09:45 PM by DLJ.)
Psychology of the Miami Uber "Attacker"
Hello, first post Smile

After seeing the video of the Miami physician who attacked the Uber driver, and then the follow up video where she apologized on national television, claimed she could not watch the entire video, claimed "When I look at the video, that's not me," etc ... I'm curious as to how you (whomever desires to respond to the thread) would break down what is going on psychologically with her response. Her shame, her inability to view her own behavior and accept it, her choice of phrases giving insight into her state of mind (i.e. "That's not me," and "I can't watch it," etc). I think one of the obvious things she is experiencing would be cognitive dissonance, for example. But what else ? For those who respond to the thread, I'd appreciate it if you would watch the video, and break it down from a psych point of view. Because she exhibits behavior that is quite common, in my opinion, concerning people who do not accept responsibility for their actions, who they are, thrive on cognitive dissonance, etc. So please feel free to give your take on the contrast between her actions with the driver, verses her position during her apology. Thanks !

Apology video, which shows some of the attack:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2016, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 09:41 PM by Adrianime.)
Am I too nice? Anjali Ramkissoon
The girl doctor who, you know, attacked her Uber driver and is apparently hated by all. She is just getting SO MUCH HATE. I don't understand why people are so angry at her. She has wholeheartedly apologized, the Uber driver has accepted her apology. Yet she is getting threats and harassment...which is kind of expected, but what I don't understand is WHY are nearly all commenters on every article I read completely against her? They are basically condoning the harassment she is getting by saying things like, "aww, she wants us to feel sorry for her??"

I watched her apologize on air

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doctor-attack...00579.html

example comments:
Quote:She is not sorry at all. Only sorry she got caught. She believes that because she's pretty, a professional, and likely has guys lapping at her feet all day, she felt she could do whatever she wants. And this is probably not the first time or the last time she will do this.

Fears for her professional future? Good. She fears she will live in internet infamy for a long time? Good, she deserves it. Maybe this will serve as a life lesson: doesn't matter what your position, place, standing, or physical attributes may have given you, you need to treat EVERYONE with respect and not act like an #$%$. If you act like an #$%$, expect there to be consequences for your actions.
Quote:It's like children. These guys are always sorry and afraid when they get caught. But the abuse of people in the service industries by people who need to do things to make themselves feel big and important because their own achievements have not done that for them is ingrained in the entitlement culture. Because you worked your butt off to reach some level of success, doesn't mean you get to treat others like inferior human beings you piece of #$%$. I'm not falling for your alligator tears.
People screw up. People do things they regret. Must that brand them for the rest of their lives? Why are people holding on to hating her. The harm she has caused is NOTHING compared to the harm caused by so many others.

I feel bad for this girl. Am I too nice? I don't know. Do you all hate her?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
30-01-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: Am I too nice? Anjali Ramkissoon
And for the record, the Uber driver chose to NOT press charges. And if he had pressed charges, I would support her receiving whatever punishment is legally appropriate. But even so, I wouldn't think all this terrible harassment is appropriate.

30-01-2016, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 10:10 PM by Heatheness.)
RE: Am I too nice? Anjali Ramkissoon
People are really into hating right now. It's ugly and a lot of it uncalled for but it seems to be the anonymous internet rage thing. As for this incident I don't know anything about it. If she apologized and he accepted and is not pressing charges, then it's time to drop it. imo

Update: I watched it. She showed bad behavior and spoiled arrogance but I don't see what the huge uproar is about. People act out every day. Maybe the hatred towards her is more than just the incident. Maybe it's race related. She's a brown girl, if that were Paris Hilton (and we've seen her act out many times) it probably would've generated support rather than hatred. People are stupid.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
30-01-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: Psychology of the Miami Uber "Attacker"

Threads merged.

30-01-2016, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 11:12 PM by Adrianime.)
Gosh that confused me where my thread went.

To be fair, this thread OP is focused on the psychology of the doctor. While my thread was focused on the news of the event and the public reaction.

30-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Okay so I'm confused ... I wanted my thread to focus on contrasting her behavior towards the Uber driver, with her own behavior during her apology, and what that may reveal about some of the psychological aspects of her own response (i.e. cognitive dissonance, etc). I wasn't focusing on whether or not she should be hated, forgiven, or any of that whatsoever. I was looking at her two responses as a case study and examples of human behavior that can be drawn from contrasting the two events. I wasn't focused on the viral aspect, nor the trolling done on her, towards her, etc. So if there was another thread that did focus on that, why was it merged into my own ?
[+] 3 users Like Juice4Cheezits's post
30-01-2016, 11:20 PM
(30-01-2016 11:07 PM)Juice4Cheezits Wrote:  Okay so I'm confused ... I wanted my thread to focus on contrasting her behavior towards the Uber driver, with her own behavior during her apology, and what that may reveal about some of the psychological aspects of her own response (i.e. cognitive dissonance, etc). I wasn't focusing on whether or not she should be hated, forgiven, or any of that whatsoever. I was looking at her two responses as a case study and examples of human behavior that can be drawn from contrasting the two events. I wasn't focused on the viral aspect, nor the trolling done on her, towards her, etc. So if there was another thread that did focus on that, why was it merged into my own ?

You're new here, right?

Welcome, btw.

Trust me, both threads would have gone in both directions.

Staying on topic is what's known around here as ... a miracle.

But point taken.

Big Grin

31-01-2016, 12:04 AM
(30-01-2016 11:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 11:07 PM)Juice4Cheezits Wrote:  Okay so I'm confused ... I wanted my thread to focus on contrasting her behavior towards the Uber driver, with her own behavior during her apology, and what that may reveal about some of the psychological aspects of her own response (i.e. cognitive dissonance, etc). I wasn't focusing on whether or not she should be hated, forgiven, or any of that whatsoever. I was looking at her two responses as a case study and examples of human behavior that can be drawn from contrasting the two events. I wasn't focused on the viral aspect, nor the trolling done on her, towards her, etc. So if there was another thread that did focus on that, why was it merged into my own ?

You're new here, right?

Welcome, btw.

Trust me, both threads would have gone in both directions.

Staying on topic is what's known around here as ... a miracle.

But point taken.

Big Grin
Thanks for the welcome.

I suppose I'll wait and see if the focus I wanted my original thread to go gets any attention then :/
[+] 2 users Like Juice4Cheezits's post
31-01-2016, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2016 12:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
She acted like an entitled, spoiled bitch. Whether charges were filed is irrelevant, (as are the threats ... bad as they are, they are a separate matter). She committed felony assault, destroyed his business records (or attempted to), and trespassed. If a man had done this to a woman, he would be locked up. She should be charged anyway. She publicly brought disrepute on her program and employer. She'll be terminated or suspended. "Leopards don't change their spots". No physician I know, would, in a million years act this way. She probably has a history of being an arrogant fuckwad. People don't just suddenly start acting this way, out of the blue. What's going on ? She's denying her behavior by "compartmentalizing" it and excusing it, saying "it's not me". Guess what bitch ? It IS you. Not to worry. She'll get a reality TV show offer, no doubt. If the driver had acted this way at her place of business, he would have been arrested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmen...sychology)

Edit : She should have her license to practice suspended until she demonstrates she has completed an anger management program, and done community service.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post