Psychology of the Miami Uber "Attacker"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2016, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2016 04:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Psychology of the Miami Uber "Attacker"
(31-01-2016 03:02 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 02:37 PM)coyote Wrote:  
The comments are against her because (my own opinion anyway) she's saying "that's not me".

That IS her. Clearly. It's right there on the video. She is, obviously, a person who would do exactly what she did. She is someone who believes she is 'above' that driver, and that therefore she is entitled to that behavior toward that driver. Odds are that had the vid never surfaced, she would never have felt a need to reach out to that driver. So not only does she feel she is somehow superior to a mere taxi driver, but she's also clearly lying to the world, and to herself, about it. You know, in order to preserve her profession and social position.

Interesting to watch her physical attractiveness work its magic on people.

BTW, it is interesting to compare her to folks who, when drunk or stoned, do what they later claim is "not who they are". It is my contention that the scenario is exactly opposite: alcohol and many other "social" drugs are de-inhibitors. They take away all the cover, and expose who you really are. The guy who beats his wife when he's drunk? The wife-beater is who he really is.

It's funny how some people have made it about her looks, or even the fact that she's a woman. No ones condoning how she acted, which was deplorable, but she fucked up, she apologized, no one was hurt, her and the driver reconciled. She's young, she was drunk, and stupid, but that doesn't mean her future needs to be ruined as a result of it.

I'm not sure why some folks on the internet, like some vindictive mob wish to have her head chopped off. I mean really, she ain't your scapegoat.

She's mature enough to be a 4th year Neurology resident, with people's lives in her hands every day. Making sure she learned a lesson, and that this incident is not some part of a larger pattern (which could be exposed and dealt with) is not present re: anger issues or drinking, is totally reasonable. She's no one's scapegoat. She committed crimes. She is responsible for them, just as everyone else is.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2016, 04:17 PM
(31-01-2016 03:34 PM)Juice4Cheezits Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 03:24 PM)Aliza Wrote:  So her world-wide public humiliation, ruined reputation and potential loss of her job is a suitable punishment for this guy who didn't get the cab he wanted?
Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster ? I never stated anything along these lines.

Hmmmm, I looked up the quote. I still think you did say that.

(31-01-2016 02:43 PM)Juice4Cheezits Wrote:  ....He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and she didn't believe him, and apparently she forced his customer out of the car, or wouldn't let him get in, or something to that effect. Thus, when she went off, the original customer started to film it. So I believe his business in the matter, was that she was getting in the way of him and his Uber driver, so he was directly involved, if I understand the story correctly.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
31-01-2016, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2016 04:55 PM by Tomasia.)
(31-01-2016 04:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  She's mature enough to be a 4th year Neurology resident, with people's lives in her hands every day. Making sure she learned a lesson, and that this incident is not some part of a larger pattern (which could be exposed and dealt with) is not present re: anger issues or drinking, is totally reasonable. She's no one's scapegoat. She committed crimes. She is responsible for them, just as everyone else is.

Except of course to the people who seem to be devoted to vilifying her. Creating a webpage in her name http://anjaliramkissoon.org, to insure that she can never get past it. Sharing her address, harassing her parents house, sending death threats, wishing she were raped, etc...

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 2 users Like Tomasia's post
31-01-2016, 05:20 PM
(31-01-2016 03:55 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 03:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  She was let off the hook because the victim didn't want to press charges.

As a general statement (meaning referencing more than just this instance), how insane is that? If there is evidence a crime was committed, justice ought not hinge on whether the victim(s) wish to press charges.
I disagree. If a person hasn't proved themselves to be a harmful or dangerous person, there is no reason to burden our system because of an altercation where nobody pursued legal/punitive action. Assuming the person who received damages is capable and knows they can bring charges if they wish.

(31-01-2016 04:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 03:34 PM)Juice4Cheezits Wrote:  Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster ? I never stated anything along these lines.

(31-01-2016 02:43 PM)Juice4Cheezits Wrote:  ....He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and she didn't believe him, and apparently she forced his customer out of the car, or wouldn't let him get in, or something to that effect. Thus, when she went off, the original customer started to film it. So I believe his business in the matter, was that she was getting in the way of him and his Uber driver, so he was directly involved, if I understand the story correctly.
To clarify (which may or may not help), Cheezits is (I believe) more interested in analyzing what happened and the differences in her personality. I don't think cheezits is condoning the backlash, the video leak, or saying her treatment is appropriate.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
31-01-2016, 05:40 PM
(31-01-2016 04:52 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 04:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  She's mature enough to be a 4th year Neurology resident, with people's lives in her hands every day. Making sure she learned a lesson, and that this incident is not some part of a larger pattern (which could be exposed and dealt with) is not present re: anger issues or drinking, is totally reasonable. She's no one's scapegoat. She committed crimes. She is responsible for them, just as everyone else is.

Except of course to the people who seem to be devoted to vilifying her. Creating a webpage in her name http://anjaliramkissoon.org, to insure that she can never get past it. Sharing her address, harassing her parents house, sending death threats, wishing she were raped, etc...

Yeah well, of course all that is unreasonable. Some of it may have been deflected IF
the law had been allowed to deal with her in a normal fashion or she didn't try to make excuses for herself. Physicians (who are perceived as a privileged class) going off on an Uber driver is asking for trouble.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-01-2016, 05:48 PM
(31-01-2016 05:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 04:52 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Except of course to the people who seem to be devoted to vilifying her. Creating a webpage in her name http://anjaliramkissoon.org, to insure that she can never get past it. Sharing her address, harassing her parents house, sending death threats, wishing she were raped, etc...

Yeah well, of course all that is unreasonable. Some of it may have been deflected IF
the law had been allowed to deal with her in a normal fashion or she didn't try to make excuses for herself. Physicians (who are perceived as a privileged class) going off on an Uber driver is asking for trouble.

And now she's the victim so what do you recommend. Surely you're no one of those "if he hadn't of stole the bread we wouldn't have had to cut his hand off" types. Her public punishment has been far worse than what an arrest would've been. And it always will be, does her crime merit a life sentence for harassment?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
31-01-2016, 09:16 PM
(31-01-2016 05:48 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 05:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah well, of course all that is unreasonable. Some of it may have been deflected IF

And now she's the victim so what do you recommend. Surely you're no one of those "if he hadn't of stole the bread we wouldn't have had to cut his hand off" types. Her public punishment has been far worse than what an arrest would've been. And it always will be, does her crime merit a life sentence for harassment?

No, she's not a victim. Except of her own propensity to abuse folks that she believes are lower on the totem pole than herself. No one is cutting off her hand.....
[+] 2 users Like coyote's post
31-01-2016, 09:33 PM
(31-01-2016 09:16 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 05:48 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  And now she's the victim so what do you recommend. Surely you're no one of those "if he hadn't of stole the bread we wouldn't have had to cut his hand off" types. Her public punishment has been far worse than what an arrest would've been. And it always will be, does her crime merit a life sentence for harassment?

No, she's not a victim. Except of her own propensity to abuse folks that she believes are lower on the totem pole than herself. No one is cutting off her hand.....

I'm talking about punishment fitting the crime. And yes the backlash is so extreme she is now a victim.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
31-01-2016, 10:45 PM
(31-01-2016 04:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 03:34 PM)Juice4Cheezits Wrote:  Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster ? I never stated anything along these lines.

I said what you quoted, but where in that quote do you interpret that I spoke an opinion about world-wide public humiliation, ruined reputation, potential loss of her job, or anything concerning a suitable punishment ?

(31-01-2016 03:24 PM)Aliza Wrote:  So her world-wide public humiliation, ruined reputation and potential loss of her job is a suitable punishment for this guy who didn't get the cab he wanted?

This is not like a garment she can just remove when she's tired of it. She'll wear this shame for the rest of her life.
31-01-2016, 10:51 PM
(31-01-2016 05:20 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  To clarify (which may or may not help), Cheezits is (I believe) more interested in analyzing what happened and the differences in her personality. I don't think cheezits is condoning the backlash, the video leak, or saying her treatment is appropriate.
Indeed. I was more interested in the psychoanalysis of her apology reaction, etc, and wasn't even focusing on the backlash she received, or her treatment, etc.