Psychology of the Miami Uber "Attacker"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2016, 01:43 AM
RE: Psychology of the Miami Uber "Attacker"
Even though she seems to have reached a high level of success in life it's my guess that she wouldn't have passed the marshmallow test early on.

I think the pertinent question to ask here is would you allow yourself or a loved one to be treated medically by this person?

At this point my answer is no.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2016, 01:53 AM
(30-01-2016 10:04 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Gosh that confused me where my thread went.

To be fair, this thread OP is focused on the psychology of the doctor. While my thread was focused on the news of the event and the public reaction.

Huh??? Huh

I have no idea what this shit it is about and am not gonna read anymore.

Y'all Americanese are some crazzzeeee folks.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
01-02-2016, 02:14 AM
(31-01-2016 01:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The law applies to all, equally.
Rich or poor, professional or not, 100 pounds or 350 pounds.

Sadly courts do not share your opinion. Lady justice isn't blind when it comes to money it seems.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
01-02-2016, 08:20 AM
(31-01-2016 05:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah well, of course all that is unreasonable. Some of it may have been deflected IF
the law had been allowed to deal with her in a normal fashion or she didn't try to make excuses for herself. Physicians (who are perceived as a privileged class) going off on an Uber driver is asking for trouble.

The law and it's enforcement worked as it typically does when a victim doesn't seek to press charges.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
01-02-2016, 08:25 AM
(31-01-2016 09:16 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 05:48 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  And now she's the victim so what do you recommend. Surely you're no one of those "if he hadn't of stole the bread we wouldn't have had to cut his hand off" types. Her public punishment has been far worse than what an arrest would've been. And it always will be, does her crime merit a life sentence for harassment?

No, she's not a victim. Except of her own propensity to abuse folks that she believes are lower on the totem pole than herself. No one is cutting off her hand.....

She's a victim of vicious internet crusade, of bullying and harassment. The sort that created a webpage in her name, insuring that she's never able to move on from this.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 2 users Like Tomasia's post
01-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Now I can forgive this woman for what she did, she realized she was wrong. But if she wants to stop all this hate she has to well, ignore it. The more she feeds into it, the more the haters will attack her. They want her to notice them. But the more she just ignores them, they less interested they will become. I don't agree that she should be getting harassment or death threats, but it is best to ignore them and move on.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
02-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Thank you to those who responded, I appreciated it Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Juice4Cheezits's post
07-02-2016, 05:36 PM
I am not a psychologist, but I do deal with the public every day. In my experience, people who are abusive like her are very rarely good people just 'having a bad day'. They are almost always people who tend to treat the staff in a condescending manner on a regular basis, can never be satisfied, and tend to have a history of complaining about previous vets they have been to before they came to us. They get mad over a perceived injustice, leave us for somewhere else, and sometimes come back. They feel entitled and wish for everything to revolve around them. It is a pattern. I or my staff have seen some of them in public behaving the same way to checkout clerks and restaurant staff. My impression when I saw the video was that she was probably used to getting what she wants by throwing tantrums.

Her apology seems like the standard spin that politicians and other high profile people use when apologizing for things they get caught for. I'm sure she wishes she could take it back, but don't buy that she had no idea what she was doing at the time. Being drunk doesn't excuse a person from their actions. If you get drunk at assault someone, kill someone in a car crash, or rape someone, it's still a crime, and you don't deserve for consequences to just go away because you had a bad day or were drunk. I also don't believe alcohol makes you do something you would not otherwise be likely to do. It lowers inhibitions, but doesn't make you into a different person. A kind gentle person who gets drunk is not going to assault their spouse. A person who tends to be bullying toward a spouse who gets drunk is probably going to assault a spouse. Who was the celebrity several years back who was pulled over by a cop and went on an anti-semetic rant? Was it John Travolta? The incident, in my opinion, was a reflection of his true beliefs. My suspicion is that the words he expressed were in his mind all along, and came out with the assistance of the alcohol.

Now, all that said, the reaction she is getting is disproportionate to her transgression. She doesn't deserve to have her entire life and career ruined, and she certainly does not deserve death threats or rape threats. The general behavior of the internet lynch mob is disgusting in cases like this.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post