Psychotic Breaks?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Psychotic Breaks?
I caged my "Black Dog" long ago. Bitch ain't happy about it but fuck her.

But this is something different, think I'm going through what they call a "psychotic break" on the anniversary of my brother just dropping dead and shit. It's interesting, I'll give it that. Thumbsup

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2014, 01:11 PM
RE: Psychotic Breaks?
Well in your case, we might call it a "sanity break". Rolleyes

I'm sorry, dude. Just wish I wasn't a few hundred miles away. I'd bring over a fifth and we'd either have it out or just say nothing, but I'd be there if I could.

Not cus' I like ya or anything, but I'm sure it is pretty fucking interesting.

Tongue

Hang in there, bro.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
28-03-2014, 01:48 PM
(28-03-2014 01:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well in your case, we might call it a "sanity break".

Yes. That is precisely what it is. Thumbsup

I got this.

#sigh
28-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Some of us get blind-sided by things that take us down for a while...this picture really fits for me some days.

[Image: ibreak_zps00dcbcec.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-03-2014, 05:17 PM
(28-03-2014 12:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I caged my "Black Dog" long ago. Bitch ain't happy about it but fuck her.

But this is something different, think I'm going through what they call a "psychotic break" on the anniversary of my brother just dropping dead and shit. It's interesting, I'll give it that. Thumbsup

What psychotic break? Whaddaya mean by psychotic break? Are you sure it's not just a repressed grieving thing?

Because if you have been numbing yourself, grief just lays and waits until the coast is clear. Maybe you need a good, long cry. Lock yourself in a room and just cry. It's very therapeutic. All kinds of chemicals are released that calm and give clarity. It's the clarity you don't get with drugs. You can really think well after a good cry. It's the clarity that helps shake the grief. You'll be drained of bottled up emotions and they don't cloud your thinking anymore. Give it a try.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear you're feeling like shit, GM Sad
Heart

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
28-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Sometimes you just have to submit to the ass kicking, lie down in a corner, lick your wounds, rest and wait till you regain your strength.

After awhile you will find a reason to wag the tail again.

Every dog has it's day.

Heart

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
28-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Hug

Love ya Girlly.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-04-2014, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 06:13 PM by Mark Fulton.)
I hope, and suspect, you're not psychotic.

Psychosis is a loss of touch with reality.

It manifests as either a delusion, which is a bizzare thought, such as "I'm Jesus Christ," or "the televesion is controlling my thoughts" or "I'm god's messenger"

Or an hallucination; visual...."I can see the virgin Mary," "I saw a ghost," or auditory (very common) such as hearing voices, "God spoke to me," or rarely olfactory.

Paxil is not an anti psychotic, it is an antidepressant.

If you have genuine psychosis, you need to talk to your doctor
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
08-04-2014, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 07:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-04-2014 06:32 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I hope, and suspect, you're not psychotic.

Psychosis is a loss of touch with reality.

Thanks again Doc. I suspect you are right. I don't believe in reality but I am not out of touch with it. Doc diagnosed me with major depressive disorder, think I like clinical depression better. Asked me what depression felt like to me. Told him, "Detachment, apathy, cantseemtogiveashititis and a lot of sleep." The sleep's probably why he wants to check my thyroid.

(08-04-2014 06:32 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  It manifests as either a delusion, which is a bizzare thought, such as "I'm Jesus Christ," or ... "I'm god's messenger"

ummmm ... Blush

(28-03-2014 05:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  What psychotic break? Whaddaya mean by psychotic break? Are you sure it's not just a repressed grieving thing?

Yup. That's it, Dom.

#sigh