Public Breastfeeding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Public Breastfeeding
This is mainly going to be an American issue because I don't hear about this from other countries.

So it's a hot topic on a Facebook page that I like right now. I'm completely dumbfounded at the sheer amount of people (99% women!) that want to force women to cover up while breastfeeding. What's their reason? Because it's inconsiderate... Frusty

So I want to know how you guys feel about this topic. Do you want to enforce a rule where women must use a cover-up while breastfeeding?

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Public Breastfeeding
Some babies don't like to be covered....it's also harder to make sure they're latched right.

So I'd be pissed. You don't wanna see it...don't fucking look perv.

It's just the same old argument that men have zero self-control all over again.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

11-08-2013, 10:40 PM
(11-08-2013 10:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Some babies don't like to be covered....it's also harder to make sure they're latched right.

So I'd be pissed. You don't wanna see it...don't fucking look perv.

It's just the same old argument that men have zero self-control all over again.

There is a world full of commitment phobe men. There is a world full of dead beat dads. Yet, all these women are worried that these same men are going to want to watch a woman breast feed.

I have 0 desire to pay any attention to that no matter how attractive the lady. There are plenty of women without kids to look at and many of them in fact show way more skin without a big baby blocking my view.

Being a father of two especially makes me not want to watch a woman breastfeeding. Fantasizing about a woman that would bring more kids into my life? No thank you.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
11-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Typical western Judeo-Christian taboo about anything truly human and natural. If people didn't have an aversion to their own existence ( and they don't without indoctrination ) the church wouldn't have a lever on your mind. Experience of anything truly intimate cannot be permitted. You might love someone more than god.

Science is dissecting the sacred cow.[Image: smartass.gif]
[+] 2 users Like NoSkyDaddy's post
11-08-2013, 10:48 PM
It's not like National Geographic where women wander the mall and supermarkets topless with a baby strapped to her boob and the other one bobbing free.

Most of the time, you see more side boob in a Victoria Secret catalog than you do a mom nursing her baby.

I don't understsnd that rationale or fear some women have....its probably the same people who had no problem with their chidlren watching people die in the movie Titanic violent deaths, but fast forwarded or paid to have the nude scenes edited out.
I demand apes at the zoo cover up too! Tongue

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Tricky question, my daughter in law even surrounded by people she has known for 10+ years will cover up when she is breastfeeding.

I will accept that it is personal preference and should not be legislated one way or another.

It remains rather like abortion, up to the woman and her alone.
12-08-2013, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 11:48 AM by BrokenQuill92.)
I don't see the problem, baby covers first breast because they're eating and the second is usually covered up well enough. When are people gonna get it through their skulls that the primary function of female breasts is nourishment? Stopping women from nursing in public is childish and makes you a perv and a weirdo. I honestly can't understand how they sexualize something so natrual. Well that's religious/cultural conditioning for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2013, 12:03 PM
I find it much more disturbing to see someone talking with their mouth full. If a baby having lunch is obscene, then some farm animal open-mouthing his popcorn right behind me in a movie theater should be criminal.

Let's go hard line on this. All eating should be done in the privacy of our homes. You can't put a c*** in your mouth in public, why should a hot dog be okay?

I call for a national ban on public eating. Restaurants should be raided like pot dispensaries. Food carts should be busted like street dealers. The food network should be rated XXX.

Or maybe I'm overreacting? Maybe there's nothing wrong with anyone, of any age, eating in public, even if the meal involves momma's boobie.

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
12-08-2013, 01:05 PM
What a strange way our culture/society has evolved if something that is as natural, nourishing and bonding of a woman feeding her baby from her breast makes a majority of people feel uncomfortable. Huh

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Heck, it would have never have occurred to my mom to breast feed in public. It was unthinkable, and no one, no one at all did it.

The rules are actually relaxing, women are breaking that taboo. That's why it is getting public attention.

Go ladies!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post